1. I have a gazylion options to counter melee - I have at least 2 global skills for that (parry + def) without even counting evasive specials out there and another bazylion armours (from shitty to superb)
2. I have only a few items to counter magic, compared to the amount of items in point 1
3. I have no global skills to increase my chances to survive, not to mention fight back
Without giving out any g-info - how fair is that new MMs are excluded (as in can NOT be put under effect of) from some global crucial elements of the game ONLY because they are undead (which fact they whine over as "issue" - good call there, MM-players!)? I am cordially asking for an undead branch of Rangers please. There is enough "source" for such a thing in Tolkien's LotR ;p
Btw. no excuses given in this threat (tax?!?!? no lay option?!?!? please ... kindly stick "elite" up your hmmm bones? after all the idiocies with your members) are excuse enough for what MM's got there. I would call what they got similar to Novo-vampires' perks - completely new things balanced out on paper, but NEVER in terms of playability. I'm afraid our wizards deeply forgot that play-experience is not possible to be followed up by calculating formulas and statistics.
It's like hearing them advertise for bow-usage in Gen ... a context as much fun as UNPLAYABLE in current Genesis. But I'm sure it looks good in formulas and statistics. I really am. Sheeeeeesh!!!
Celephias wrote:- The guild was recoded by a very competent wizard
Wasn't Novo described as one as well? I'm just looking for your point there ...
Celephias wrote:- The guild was extensively alpha and beta tested, with bugs and balance issues found and fixed
And yet you left typos in your spells' descriptions ... how are the chances you left "bugs and balance issues" in there as well?
Celephias wrote:- The spells are implemented under, and compliant with the new standardized magic system
How is that a reason for proving they cannot be op?
Celephias wrote:- Petros and team balanced plusses with minuses for the guild
How does this move us into direction of "yeah, MM's are balanced from a player perspective"?
Celephias wrote:- The guild is provably less powerful than it was before the recode
Says who? MMs? The standard reply on this board to such statements is usually: get to know your s*it
... or smth along these lines.
Habiki wrote:* That it is sensible for the MMs to be at least a little more powerful than other guilds, due to their RP.
* Like the Spirit Circle, they cannot have a layman branch as well, right?
* Also, I would assume that their guild tax is somewhat higher than a typical combination of occ + layman tax.
All of this is copy-pasted from Novo, or smth? Are we having the same discussion again as with Novo-vampire reasons to be OP?