Death lost the bet!

All Genesis Common Board Messages get directed here. Discuss and comment!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Zar
Hero

Re: Death lost the bet!

Post by Zar » 13 Dec 2013 20:50

arcon wrote: There is one small problem with this idea. Something like that would not let younger members to "sneak" conquer areas.
And this is good I think... You want to cooperate and see opposite faction active... Get powerful allies to help you!

Kiara
Champion

Post by Kiara » 13 Dec 2013 21:18

zar wrote:
arcon wrote: There is one small problem with this idea. Something like that would not let younger members to "sneak" conquer areas.
And this is good I think... You want to cooperate and see opposite faction active... Get powerful allies to help you!
Yes I agree. My point was that people should _not_ be able to "sneak conquer" things. Or at least not easily. I think guilds like DA/Knights who has a war system (that hopefully will be upgraded one day) should attract players who _want_ PVP. If you want to live in peace there are plenty of other guilds. As for being small... well size differences will always be an issue with PVP, one of the major ones in my opinion. But we've been discussing that in other threads.

Besides, it would still be possible to conquer things without a fight if you do it when there is nobody from the other side awake. Which is common now, hopefully it wont always be that though.

Makfly
Champion

Post by Makfly » 13 Dec 2013 21:25

ydred wrote:Ah yes, I did forget about those MM guards. And no, I dont think they should exist either.

I dont think haradrim protected guards should alert the King as to who attacks. I dont think any guards should do this. Period.

It makes perfect sense to me .... the guards do not know your name ... you have not introduced ... you are just a human/goblin/dwarf/hobbit ... etc whatever to them. But magically they do know your name. As for your description they shouldnt know that if you wear certain items. Period.

So no, I dont think you are corrrect as the guards take many advantages to 'see' who you really are without knowing you. At most they should see a description and leave it up to the players to figure out who you are ... and if you wear certain attire in game .... they should only see race if that.

This illusion you speak of lacks much logic that I think should be there. I will grant you they saw someone, but as to who that someone is .... leave that up to the players to figure from as little information as possible, if certain aspects are met of course.

And if you disagree with that of course then why not add an assassin npc in game that I can pay X gold to for assassinations. And the more I pay the ore likely the person I ask, even if I dont know them, I can assassintate. 30k platinum and I can send a team of 10 assassins ... living and breathing .... to attack some person and with a high degree of success. Make sure they hunt to the victim also while they run about so as to not break the illusion of reality etc.
I understand your need to backpedal away from your initial post, by watering down your absolutist statements, but why you thought it a good idea to then put up a such a ridiculous assassin-NPC strawman is beyond me.

The fact of the matter is that NPCs should not be coded to conform with the statements in your initial post.
There are plenty of NPCs already in the game, that are good examples of what is both "logical in its in-game context" and that could enhance the gaming experience if their functionality/code was spread to other guilds or places in Genesis.
It makes sense that NPCs try and alert their allies if they are attacked, just as it makes sense for NPCs to relay what they experienced to you, if you are an ally/superior.
So yes, if a Nazgul rides through the Haradrim camp, any orc or Haradrim that saw rebels move past, should report it to the Nazgul, if asked. Extend or diminish the length of a guards memory and cognitive abilities, as it is fitting for the in-game context. Also in most cases, killing any enemy you encounter, would be a good way to "cover your tracks", and ensuring that only little evidence remains of the deeds...

Personally I think the best example I have experienced are the Shadow Union guards, and the game could certainly benefit from looking at that code as inspiration for coding guards/NPCs elsewhere.
There are plenty of great ways to code NPCs to interact with players and be more than mere XP-containers, that would make perfect in-game sense, and I certainly would implore the Wizards to try and think that into their future creation and perhaps improve it in the current content.
Mortimor Makfly - Gnomish Xeno-Anthropologist

Ydred
Veteran

Post by Ydred » 14 Dec 2013 00:50

Makfly wrote:
ydred wrote:Ah yes, I did forget about those MM guards. And no, I dont think they should exist either.

I dont think haradrim protected guards should alert the King as to who attacks. I dont think any guards should do this. Period.

It makes perfect sense to me .... the guards do not know your name ... you have not introduced ... you are just a human/goblin/dwarf/hobbit ... etc whatever to them. But magically they do know your name. As for your description they shouldnt know that if you wear certain items. Period.

So no, I dont think you are corrrect as the guards take many advantages to 'see' who you really are without knowing you. At most they should see a description and leave it up to the players to figure out who you are ... and if you wear certain attire in game .... they should only see race if that.

This illusion you speak of lacks much logic that I think should be there. I will grant you they saw someone, but as to who that someone is .... leave that up to the players to figure from as little information as possible, if certain aspects are met of course.

And if you disagree with that of course then why not add an assassin npc in game that I can pay X gold to for assassinations. And the more I pay the ore likely the person I ask, even if I dont know them, I can assassintate. 30k platinum and I can send a team of 10 assassins ... living and breathing .... to attack some person and with a high degree of success. Make sure they hunt to the victim also while they run about so as to not break the illusion of reality etc.
I understand your need to backpedal away from your initial post, by watering down your absolutist statements, but why you thought it a good idea to then put up a such a ridiculous assassin-NPC strawman is beyond me.

The fact of the matter is that NPCs should not be coded to conform with the statements in your initial post.
There are plenty of NPCs already in the game, that are good examples of what is both "logical in its in-game context" and that could enhance the gaming experience if their functionality/code was spread to other guilds or places in Genesis.
It makes sense that NPCs try and alert their allies if they are attacked, just as it makes sense for NPCs to relay what they experienced to you, if you are an ally/superior.
So yes, if a Nazgul rides through the Haradrim camp, any orc or Haradrim that saw rebels move past, should report it to the Nazgul, if asked. Extend or diminish the length of a guards memory and cognitive abilities, as it is fitting for the in-game context. Also in most cases, killing any enemy you encounter, would be a good way to "cover your tracks", and ensuring that only little evidence remains of the deeds...

Personally I think the best example I have experienced are the Shadow Union guards, and the game could certainly benefit from looking at that code as inspiration for coding guards/NPCs elsewhere.
There are plenty of great ways to code NPCs to interact with players and be more than mere XP-containers, that would make perfect in-game sense, and I certainly would implore the Wizards to try and think that into their future creation and perhaps improve it in the current content.
Quite funny. You are being very obtuse. And it is amusing.

However, you, while claiming I am sidestepping an issue, sidestep it all with your own false logic.

First the use of the assassins is simple. If a guild can declare you an enemy, and lets say you are in a guild that has no backing such as the mercenaries, then you are infact ... dead. So why can mercenaries not hire assassins to revenge for them. They can hire other mercenaries and use 'code' for mercenaries only to kill you at their descretion. And mercenaries can train backstab to extreme levels .... and other aspects needed ... and of course they are mercenaires who know many other mercenaies .... all guild code stuff. But of course that would be OP. And so it is not done.

As for your other nonsense, you never answered the question .... why do guilds ... 'know' someone they dont. Allow the npcs to report all day long .... someone ... we dont know who .... attacked our gates ..... he/she looked like .... X and Y. Beyond that is absurb. And as Kas said .... MM guards report very little. They have to figure it out ... unlike many other 'coded' to pamper your lazy .... so yes ... interesting to accuse me of something that is infact OP for many others ... especially those who are not guilded .... but allow you a simpleton gameplay ... bullshit galore, colour me amused.

As is your logic, amusing. It is infact you that uses a strawman while you simultaneously accuse me of the same. Just hush while you are behind.

And what I do not understand ... is I do not get your tone towards me. You seem to dislike me ... and I dont even know who you are .... I am pretty sure no Makfly plays the game. So since I dont know ... care to tell? Or hide like you do, at least regarding what I know.

Ydred
Veteran

Post by Ydred » 14 Dec 2013 01:44

Laurel wrote:You guys keep accepting RL-friends and buddies into "your" guilds, without them clearing their statuses with other (by that time still existing) alliance members and expect Irk to simply forget he was attacked/killed? And when he takes the issue into his own hands (obviously said "knight" allowed Irk to kill him to give you some reasons to declare HoJ) you have your "excuse".

My cat is better at weaving plots. :twisted:

What pseudo-RP do I need to "attack" (as in pointing out lack of logic) anyone on a forum now?! :lol:
I normally dont respond to such attacks. However it is completely wrong.

1) Ydred was cleared by all the alliance allies ... Logg, Prokop and Habiki.
2)Irk was attacked by a mage. He was not killed by that mage. Ydred was not a mage any longer. The alliance would bust a few days later. For as the Calians said ... many issues ... of which I know but one.
And the Knights would leave alliance after that as I remember.
3)Irk attacked and killed Ydred for joining a party lead by one of his Neidar. He had plenty of times to attack Ydred before that .... many in fact. But he would only steal gold or kills. When Irk attacked Ydred, he claimed it was simply for not leaving the party Irk was in. Grand Hocus Pocus. He didnt care that Logg had done what he did and given Ydred a chance. And at the time, Logg was still his Thane.

But now, Irk is Thane and happy in the Barrows. Yawn.

We all opened your box, Laurel, and the cat is dead.

Irk
Rising Hero

Post by Irk » 14 Dec 2013 02:10

Show me mail or log where Logg clear your status :lol: First hear of it.
I didnt kill you earlier, cuz of alliance and Logg told me to not attack you for a while.
When alliance went down, I was free to revenge on you. On Faerun it was our first meet, when I have green light. What more I didnt want to kill you then, i wasnt prepare, but you provoke me. I thought you would run away, but you stand and wait for dead patiently. It is more than obvious, you did it on purpose.
I wonder how, in your crazy head, you deducted I killed you then, cuz of not leaving the team? It is the most stupid reason I have ever heard....

Ydred
Veteran

Post by Ydred » 14 Dec 2013 03:00

Irk wrote:Show me mail or log where Logg clear your status :lol: First hear of it.
I didnt kill you earlier, cuz of alliance and Logg told me to not attack you for a while.
When alliance went down, I was free to revenge on you. On Faerun it was our first meet, when I have green light. What more I didnt want to kill you then, i wasnt prepare, but you provoke me. I thought you would run away, but you stand and wait for dead patiently. It is more than obvious, you did it on purpose.
I wonder how, in your crazy head, you deducted I killed you then, cuz of not leaving the team? It is the most stupid reason I have ever heard....
After this log, I will step out from this conversation. I would prefer this to take place in game.
I could answer Laurels cry to arms of friends RP with friends ... like becoming Lt one week after rejoining the rangers .... long ago that would happen like ... never. At least not with others I remember.
Anyway, enjoy the blah blah alone, or at least without me. I shall keep character issues in game.

You encountered me many times while I was alone, after the alliance was broken. In a perfect place to kill me, the barrows. Where the last wight blocks. But you know that.

As for your killing, remember not all react as you want. If I didn't, you could have left. As for me not leaving, the funny thing is I figured you would leave. But I was going nowhere. As for the conclave ruling, I wasnt privy to that information as I wasnt a member. They did much like the Nine, as they wanted. Incidently, Ydred wanted to forgive this death, but his thoughts were not listened to. The alliance being more important than whatever this is.

Here is the log of Logg.
Distrust sure ... but abject horror, doubtful.
But perhaps you are a more clouded type of Thane.

You hear someone curse from the kitchen: No more than two rats in the pot! No more than two!
Logg thunders: Ye wanted to meet?
nod
You nod solemnly.
>
Logg strokes his majestic silvery beard lovingly.
Logg thunders: Well, 'ere I am
say Yes. It is an order.
You say: Yes. It is an order.
> say I am glad you came.
You say: I am glad you came.
>
Logg raises his eyebrow inquisitively.
say I have been trying to do more than just what I was told.
You say: I have been trying to do more than just what I was told.
>
Logg thunders: I thought it was yer initiative
say It is that also.
You say: It is that also.
> say But it is also part of a task also.
You say: But it is also part of a task also.
> say I have attempted to do more than the task asked.
You say: I have attempted to do more than the task asked.
>
Ealanus silently gestures to the barmaid for another drink.
say I have met with others that were not mentioned. Or attempted to.
You say: I have met with others that were not mentioned. Or attempted to.
>
The attractive barmaid says: I once met this handsome half-elven warrior... I was his sweetheart,
he was my darling Seawolf.
The fire flares briefly, making the shadows dance throughout the room.
say I was only told to meet with a Neidar and Calian and to have the rangers remove me from the outlaw lilst.
You say: I was only told to meet with a Neidar and Calian and to have the rangers remove me from
the outlaw lilst.
>
Logg thunders: I assume ye are to make amends
say I have met with Lady Prokop and have started to do as she asked.
You say: I have met with Lady Prokop and have started to do as she asked.
> nod
You nod solemnly.
> say Aye. I also went beyond that.
You say: Aye. I also went beyond that.
> say And attempted to speak to those I killed.
You say: And attempted to speak to those I killed.
> sigh
You sigh deeply.
> say Only Nikiel responded.
You say: Only Nikiel responded.
> say It wasnt that I killed him.
You say: It wasnt that I killed him.
> shake
You shake your head in disagreement.
>
Logg thunders: I shall hear ye out, human
say It was that I died in that encounter.
You say: It was that I died in that encounter.
>
The attractive barmaid says: Undead from Dargaard Keep have been terrorising the merchants
lately...
say And I was able to ask for his blessing.
You say: And I was able to ask for his blessing.
> say The others .. needless I am still waiting on some to answer. But some such as Castaneda, do not wish to meet me currently.
You say: The others .. needless I am still waiting on some to answer. But some such as Castaneda,
do not wish to meet me currently.
>
You hear a shriek from the kitchen, followed by the sound of many pots loudly falling onto the
ground.
say So yes, this is an order I am following. But I have taken it much further in an attempt to make it my initiative.
You say: So yes, this is an order I am following. But I have taken it much further in an attempt to
make it my initiative.
> gesture .
You gesture.
>
Ealanus puts some more arrows into his quiver.
say I know little of your people though. Only one have I known well. Long ago, Rhynox and I learned to forge together.
You say: I know little of your people though. Only one have I known well. Long ago, Rhynox and I
learned to forge together.
> say We spent much time in Bree together back then.
You say: We spent much time in Bree together back then.
>
The attractive barmaid says: Can I get you a drink sweety?
Logg thunders: Elder Rhynox is in deep slumber
say In fact, we both had one named Abernomicon attempt to kill us. Though I think Rhynox perished.
You say: In fact, we both had one named Abernomicon attempt to kill us. Though I think Rhynox
perished.
> say Aye. I have spoken with him when he awakens.
You say: Aye. I have spoken with him when he awakens.
>
You hear a shriek from the kitchen, followed by the sound of many pots loudly falling onto the
ground.
say Even while wearing the robes, I had respect for him.
You say: Even while wearing the robes, I had respect for him.
>
Logg nods solemnly.
The attractive barmaid says: Undead from Dargaard Keep have been terrorising the merchants
lately...
say But needless, I ask to be given a chance. I have removed the robes. And seek life. And I must admit, it is abit overwhelming.
You say: But needless, I ask to be given a chance. I have removed the robes. And seek life. And I
must admit, it is abit overwhelming.
>
Postmaster tells you that you have new mail from Chanele.

Logg thunders: What do ye need from me to live yer life?
Logg grunts.
say I also ask for you to keep me in your prayers.
You say: I also ask for you to keep me in your prayers.
>
Logg gasps out in astonishment: By Reorx's grey beard!
say Nothing, Sir.
You say: Nothing, Sir.
> say But your prayers.
You say: But your prayers.
> say I shall assist you in anyway I am able.
You say: I shall assist you in anyway I am able.
> say I shall put my life for the Clan if needed.
You say: I shall put my life for the Clan if needed.
>
ground.
Logg thunders: Even if ye diguised yerself as a bloody kender I would smell the evil in ye!
Ealanus looks at you distrustfully.
Logg thunders to Ealanus sitting in a shadowy corner of the room: Mind yer business
say I shall atone for my actions with deeds of goodness.
You say: I shall atone for my actions with deeds of goodness.
>
grin
You grin merrily.
>
Logg thunders: Deeds of goodness me ars, lad
Logg crosses his arms, stubbornly refusing to cooperate.
say to logg Understandable. But is there any place I can start to leave that which ruined my sould behind? And find life again?
You say to Logg: Understandable. But is there any place I can start to leave that which ruined my
sould behind? And find life again?
>
ground.
The attractive barmaid smiles sweetly.
Logg thunders: Me nose tells me that whatever foul deity ye used to serve robbed ye of yer powers
so ye turned yer back on him
say Perhaps, though I removed the robes myself.
You say: Perhaps, though I removed the robes myself.
> gesture .
You gesture.
>
Logg thunders: Before ye were stripped from them by some bony fella
say I am no longer able to commune with that deity now though.
You say: I am no longer able to commune with that deity now though.
> say I am not sure I follow.
You say: I am not sure I follow.
>
Ealanus looks at you distrustfully.
The attractive barmaid says: I once met this handsome half-elven warrior... I was his sweetheart,
Logg thunders: Ye say ye removed the robes yerself
ground.
Logg thunders: I say someone would have them ripped of yer bony ars regardless sooner or later
say Perhaps. Nikiel found a way to do as much.
You say: Perhaps. Nikiel found a way to do as much.
> say Though somehow I was granted undeath again after that encounter.
You say: Though somehow I was granted undeath again after that encounter.
>
say Well, in time, I hope to gain your trust. I will continue to strive for it.
You say: Well, in time, I hope to gain your trust. I will continue to strive for it.
>
The fire pops loudly, sending an ember flying across the room.
say If you wish my life in return for any of my deeds. I offer it now.
You say: If you wish my life in return for any of my deeds. I offer it now.
> wemote stands.
You emote: |Ydred| stands.
> kneel logg
You kneel respectfully before Logg.
> reomve helmet
What?
> remove helmet
Ealanus runs a finger along one of his pointed ears, pondering his elven heritage.
Do you want to remove the scabbard?
> unwield weapon
You stop wielding the impressive bronzed partisan.
> remove armours
You remove the platemail greaves.
You remove the unusual pair of leather boots.
You remove the polished iron breastplate.
You remove the hooded dark-robe.
You remove the platemail bracers.
You remove the silver serpentine ring.
You remove the great helm.
>
As you remove the pair of leather boots, your pulse slows, and you feel your energy level
returning to normal.
say If your hate for me is such, I offer my life if you so desire.
You say: If your hate for me is such, I offer my life if you so desire.
>
say But I shall continue to attempt to gain your friendship.
You say: But I shall continue to attempt to gain your friendship.
>
Logg scratches his nose.
Logg thunders: I am no executioner
You hear someone curse from the kitchen: No more than two rats in the pot! No more than two!
wemote looks up at Logg.
You emote: |Ydred| looks up at Logg.
>
Logg thunders: Though I'm sure Irk would take ye up on yer offer
say I am sure he would. But would it be as robotic as I have seen him before?
You say: I am sure he would. But would it be as robotic as I have seen him before?
> grin
You grin merrily.
>
Logg thunders: I'm sure ye'd have all his attention
say He seems to not like Knights. He attacked one recently also.
You say: He seems to not like Knights. He attacked one recently also.
>
lately...
nod und
You nod understandingly.
> say Well, if you wish that. I will speak to the conclave.
You say: Well, if you wish that. I will speak to the conclave.
>
ground.
Logg thunders: Who did he attack recently?
Arcon and my Sponsor
What?
> say Arcon and my Sponsor.
You say: Arcon and my Sponsor.
>
Logg burps rudely.
Logg burps rudely.
Logg burps rudely.
ground.
Ealanus smiles sardonically in your direction.
The fire flares briefly, making the shadows dance throughout the room.
Logg thunders: That was ages ago
Logg thunders: And I'm aware of the fact
The fire pops loudly, sending an ember flying across the room.
say When I was told he would be forgiven but no formal apology had been made, I choose to speak to you or Pacal.
You say: When I was told he would be forgiven but no formal apology had been made, I choose to
speak to you or Pacal.
>
Ealanus puts some more arrows into his quiver.
lately...
say It might have been long ago. But he still makes no apology. Something I do.
You say: It might have been long ago. But he still makes no apology. Something I do.
>
Logg raises his eyebrow inquisitively.
say If I spoke to him, as you said, he would like to kill me. But I figured if any was to do so, it would be you or Pacal. And you do not wish to.
You say: If I spoke to him, as you said, he would like to kill me. But I figured if any was to do
so, it would be you or Pacal. And you do not wish to.
>
You feel a funny twitch in your stomach!
ground.
Logg thunders: Pacal is not an Elder of the Clan
say So I will move forward from this day, and will assist the Clan as I am able. It is not a perfect apology or relection upon the evils I have done. But is there any for those who have wronged?
You say: So I will move forward from this day, and will assist the Clan as I am able. It is not a
perfect apology or relection upon the evils I have done. But is there any for those who have
wronged?
> nod und
You nod understandingly.
>
Ealanus smiles sardonically in your direction.
say I would not know that. I just knew he had been in the clan a long while.
You say: I would not know that. I just knew he had been in the clan a long while.
>
Logg thunders: Do as ye will, but know that I do not trust ye
lately...
say I understand. Few will for some time.
You say: I understand. Few will for some time.
>
Logg grunts.
say I shall earn it with deeds.
You say: I shall earn it with deeds.
>
say Please, pray for me if you are able.
You say: Please, pray for me if you are able.
>
Logg thunders: We shall see
wemote stands.
You emote: |Ydred| stands.
> say We shall, my friend. And I am greatful for your time.
You say: We shall, my friend. And I am greatful for your time.
>
Logg jumps off the stool.
say You are much more noble than most. Who would not even meet.
You say: You are much more noble than most. Who would not even meet.
> wear boots
You wear the unusual pair of leather boots on your feet.
>
As you wear the pair of leather boots, your heart begins to race, and you feel energy bursting
from your every pore.
wear greaves
You wear the platemail greaves on your legs.
> wear breastplate
You wear the polished iron breastplate over your shoulders.
> wear helm
You wear the great helm on your head.
> kbow logg
Straightening your back with pride, you bow formally before Logg.
> say By your leave, Sir.
You say: By your leave, Sir.

Logg thunders: It's the Thane role not to be clouded by personal grudges
ground.
nod und
You nod understandingly.
>
Logg nods solemnly at you.
kdeclare
You fiercely declare: Est Sularus Oth Mithas!
My Honour is my Life!

Irk
Rising Hero

Post by Irk » 14 Dec 2013 03:16

Can you show me where exactly Logg clear your status? :|

Maybe here?
Logg thunders: Do as ye will, but know that I do not trust ye
After all I have green light, to do what i want with you from the Thane. You did nothing, to contact me and apologize or offer your head or whatever to bury the hatchet. As I said in the previous post, if you dont provoke me that day, I wont attack you.

Ydred
Veteran

Post by Ydred » 14 Dec 2013 03:23

I joined a team. Hardly a provocation.

As for your focus, mine is more positive. A thanes judgement isnt clouded ....

And I was told not to speak to you as you were still unapologetic for attacking other knights. One being the High Justice. Hardly a reason to say much to you. But team, sure no issue. In my mind.

But again this is all meta gaming. And the real fun is in game doing this where we cant pretend so much out of this or that.

You could have left. Plenty simple. You had several times that day to kill me ... and didnt. But in a team .... that wasnt yours ... you get mad ... strange to me ....

Anyway, no I still dont see your way and you dont see mine. Here.

Bring it in game and lets see where it goes. Cause here is pointless. And I am out of all but gameplay arguments .... apparently now with Makfly over guards :)

Irk
Rising Hero

Post by Irk » 14 Dec 2013 04:01

:roll:
Joining team where is someone who wants your head, with who you cant even speak, but you speak unfortunately provoking to attack. After warnings, you were still there. Yeah, lets smoke and be happy or dead ;)
Interesting is fact you want to team with a criminal in the Knights eye and see no issue, why so? :|

Try to read more carefuly, I am writing this thrice, i didnt want to kill you that day.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/