Guild quickfix

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Laurel

Re: Guild quickfix

Post by Laurel » 02 Dec 2014 10:30

I'm getting 20 errors on the page in IE and the result is a blank white page - both IE and Chrome
possibly my business proxy blocking this

Felagund
Beginner

Post by Felagund » 16 Dec 2014 11:58

I am 100% for recodes. But to have something that doesn't work properly for years, waiting for a recode can a bit frustrating. More than a bit - if the change seems* relatively small. A good example is rangers' brawl - doesn't work underwater, doesn't work on certain mobs. I cannot claim I am already frustrated, as I joined rangers just recently (compared to 15? years in Calian Warriors :roll: ), but it does spoil the experience - because it's absurd! Forceful blow to the hand is a forceful blow to the hand. Unless you are a machine, you drop it. Period.

On the other hand, the factor is a number of guilds that need to be recoded. The question is - do we actually need that many guilds? I will give some examples:

1. RDA/BDA - could be one guild with weapon of choice. Why not? Half of work needed. Can have two generals - red/blue wing?
2. Mercenaries - huge amount of work and over 500 members - but no roleplay whatsoever, no real purpose - mercenary need to be hired to make a living, but these mercenaries do not.
3. Army of Darkness - excuse me, but I cannot find any reason for existence of guild that is so anti-roleplay (ME BIG OGRE, ME SMASH) in a game that is based on roleplay (or should be).

Three guilds out - 3 times THIS HUGE AMOUNT OF WORK NEEDED TO RECODE out. Simple.
Just my 2 cc's - don't get mad at me just because you think differently :P

*I am not a coder, so what seems small, may be in fact a big change.

Snowrose
Rising Hero

Post by Snowrose » 16 Dec 2014 12:14

mercs are kinda the guild for people between guilds... easy to join easy to leave
very custimizable it has a purpose even if its not very rp.

i do think some combining would be benificial to guilds with 2-3 branches RON And ROI for example.
just as worthy of combining as dragon armies.

its best not point out that other guilds need to be removed or combined lest your willing to have it done to your own.
some may argue ogres rp more than most guilds.

Yes recodes and or quick fixes are over due but combining and or eliminating guilds also takes wizard time and effort which will delay recodes even more.

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 16 Dec 2014 13:22

Felagund wrote:I am 100% for recodes. But to have something that doesn't work properly for years, waiting for a recode can a bit frustrating. More than a bit - if the change seems* relatively small. A good example is rangers' brawl - doesn't work underwater, doesn't work on certain mobs. I cannot claim I am already frustrated, as I joined rangers just recently (compared to 15? years in Calian Warriors :roll: ), but it does spoil the experience - because it's absurd! Forceful blow to the hand is a forceful blow to the hand. Unless you are a machine, you drop it. Period.

On the other hand, the factor is a number of guilds that need to be recoded. The question is - do we actually need that many guilds? I will give some examples:

1. RDA/BDA - could be one guild with weapon of choice. Why not? Half of work needed. Can have two generals - red/blue wing?
2. Mercenaries - huge amount of work and over 500 members - but no roleplay whatsoever, no real purpose - mercenary need to be hired to make a living, but these mercenaries do not.
3. Army of Darkness - excuse me, but I cannot find any reason for existence of guild that is so anti-roleplay (ME BIG OGRE, ME SMASH) in a game that is based on roleplay (or should be).

Three guilds out - 3 times THIS HUGE AMOUNT OF WORK NEEDED TO RECODE out. Simple.
Just my 2 cc's - don't get mad at me just because you think differently :P

*I am not a coder, so what seems small, may be in fact a big change.
1. Agreed, total freedom of weapons, the armies would be bound to have different weapons depending on where the soldiers came from. They area already recoded tho so they require no more recode power
2. They do give freedom to RP your lay or racial tho, or to the affiliation you might have chosen? Was finished as one of the first recoded guilds so they would require no recode power
3. I agree on the RP thingie, but did you ever meet Hrolg? Think that was his name... best ogre RPer ever, funny as hell and dumb as a brick. Same as the above they require no recode as they where made that way

Also, making a forcefull blow to the hand underwater... or kicking up sand underwater... sounds like its a bitch :P Stop fighting underwater.
Also, a blow to the hand is not a guarantee to drop your weapon, even done kendo or something? Ever taken an actuall hit to the hand whilst wielding something? Chances are bigger tbh if you hit the weapon very close to the hand.

Felagund
Beginner

Post by Felagund » 16 Dec 2014 13:57

Snwrs: I wrote my post outside of character (Felagund) - I had and have other chars, some in guilds I mentioned as example for merging. Heck, I was a mercenary myself for some time. But mercenary is not that different from a gladiator, with weaker special but a bit more skill possibilities. My point is that there are many guilds - too many maybe, considering playerbase. If we have guilds with 10 members logged on - make new ones, by all means. But before that - it's better to work on existing ones, those that offer different experiences. But again, that's a suggestion only. Someone may agree, some may not.

Drgr - all battle underwater is crazy, unless you are a shark ;-) But leaving underwater aside, have you ever received a blow with a stick to the hand as a kid? It hurts like hell. Consider blow with metal object. Forceful blow with metal object. You may not drop the weapon, but you shouldn't use it for a while, unless you are a robocop(TM). But you may say I am biased. So consider indoor charge. fair enough? :twisted:

Manglor
Rising Hero

Post by Manglor » 16 Dec 2014 14:46

Felagund wrote:3. Army of Darkness - excuse me, but I cannot find any reason for existence of guild that is so anti-roleplay (ME BIG OGRE, ME SMASH) in a game that is based on roleplay (or should be).
Honestly, one of the greatest guilds I've had the pleasure of being a member of. Extremely well coded, the dumb Ogre thing is very well played internally as well. Your definition of roleplay can't be that different from mine, but yet when done properly, Ogre RP is fantastic. If you're implying the 'mindless slaughter' is anti-RP ... I'd like to introduce you to every other guild in the game. No matter how good you think you are, at some point during a grind-fest (which the game necessitates to grow), everyone's RP turns to crap.

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 16 Dec 2014 17:04

Felagund wrote: Drgr - all battle underwater is crazy, unless you are a shark ;-) But leaving underwater aside, have you ever received a blow with a stick to the hand as a kid? It hurts like hell. Consider blow with metal object. Forceful blow with metal object. You may not drop the weapon, but you shouldn't use it for a while, unless you are a robocop(TM). But you may say I am biased. So consider indoor charge. fair enough? :twisted:
I have recieved blows to my hand in a grown age during practices when doing Kendo years ago. Still able to fight on, hurts like a bastad but its not that hard to soldier through :P Unless it breaks you can ignore it.

And yes, indoor charge is insane unless its in.... a big ass hall or something like it. But then again fireballs directly penetrating platearmours but not searing straight through people that arent wearing armours is insane aswell as are ALOT of things in this game

Felagund
Beginner

Post by Felagund » 16 Dec 2014 18:31

Mnglr - what does ogres have to input APART their stupidity? That's my point. But as I said - one may argue. But still, the idea behind my first post is simple: better to have 5 guilds in excellent shape (code-wise) than 19 OCC guilds (and another one coming) for 20 players logged in, that need maintenance, recode, quickfixes etc. If I was completely new to the game, numbers of occ guilds wouldn't make such a difference. 5, 10, 20, 50 - I can join only one.
Last edited by Felagund on 16 Dec 2014 20:24, edited 1 time in total.

Manglor
Rising Hero

Post by Manglor » 16 Dec 2014 19:15

Felagund wrote:Mnglr - what does ogres have to input APART of their stupidity? That's my point. But as I said - one may argue. But still, the idea behind my first post is simple: better to have 5 guilds in excellent shape (code-wise) than 19 OCC guilds (and another one coming) for 20 players logged in, that need maintenance, recode, quickfixes etc. If I was completely new to the game, numbers of occ guilds wouldn't make such a difference. 5, 10, 20, 50 - I can join only one.
For me? A great neutral fighter guild that has its own proprietary equipment system, advancement system and internal rewards. I love it and will never leave. But I'm the grinder type.

Mersereau
Champion

Post by Mersereau » 16 Dec 2014 19:26

Felagund wrote: 2. Mercenaries - huge amount of work and over 500 members - but no roleplay whatsoever, no real purpose - mercenary need to be hired to make a living, but these mercenaries do not.
If you need a theme for your guild in order to roleplay, perhaps you just don't have a very good imagination.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die."
-Mel Brooks

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/