A Disturbing Change ...

All Genesis Common Board Messages get directed here. Discuss and comment!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
gorboth
Site Admin

A Disturbing Change ...

Post by gorboth » 10 Dec 2014 04:29

Code: Select all

Hmmm ...

I don't know if this is even worth posting about ...

But ....................

Well, I was down at the turkeyfarm, and I noticed that the guy in charge
there wouldn't make eye contact with me. After a while, it just got
annoying, so I got all up in his face and asked him what was going down.
He still wouldn't tell me, and I noticed that the turkeys were all huddled
together, gobbling quietly, scheming it seemed to me. Every so often they
would look over at me, chuckle darkly, and go back to their gobbling.

Now, I've been around Mordor enough to know orcish behavior when I see it!
But these weren't orcs. Still, it could only mean one thing. So, I called
Lars over. He's got that winning way, you know. All he had to do was make
eye contact with the farmer and the farmer hung his head in shame. We
still couldn't get him to really explain much of anything, but he did
offer us one single word ...

"Turkeysaurus."

When he said that word, all the gobbling stopped at once. A hush worthy of
the dead fell instantly on the farmyard and all eyes were wide in the turkey
pens. 

My friends, I fear we may have been played for fools here. I don't know
what any of this means, but I have a dark feeling that sometime in the
twilight hours of this event, something ... well ... something wicked ...
this ... way ... comes ...

G.

Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Syrk
Rising Hero

Re: A Disturbing Change ...

Post by Syrk » 11 Dec 2014 01:03

73 players in the game but only some awake, not enough to make a team to even slighlty hurt the deamon...

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 11 Dec 2014 01:11

I'll keep the thing around until someone kills it.

I will say that the "loot" on this particular monster is something I don't dare show to Petros. AoB would fire me immediately.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Snowrose
Rising Hero

Post by Snowrose » 11 Dec 2014 03:32

the problem with turkeysaurus is it is kinda hopebreaking. for most people they cant even hope to help.
i died trying to use a herald peace spell. we were running in and out hoping there was a "trick" we tried stroking and loving it, tried to cook it or chase it off offer it bribes...

we had groups with a few myths then 5-10 other peopla and we couldnt even get it slightly hurt.
I understand it is ment to be a "challenge" but even in this event the number of players large enough to even dare to do this is 5-10 max and thats assuming they are on and not idle.

if we could have even gotten it slightly hurt people would not have gotten frusterated so quickly. in some modern games you have giant monsters accessable to all levels by making them attack everyone as if it was an elite boss of same level. so everyone can do damage and help out.

the rest of event was relitivly social and accessable to all the height was the midfle when ppl turkey battled and safaried even though they had no chance of wining or getting exp for it. we all had fun just helping eachother and hanging out. it was great.

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 11 Dec 2014 06:50

The problem would be that for some reason it feel designed for WAY WAY more people than we actually have a playerbase for, we're back to 35 online now and prolly 50% idling again tho so its all normal

Bromen
Champion

Post by Bromen » 11 Dec 2014 08:36

Well, now that we have time to organize, it should be easier to figure out what kind of a twenty person team is needed. From my experience, if you swap to two shields when you get attacked, you'll only lose a couple health levels. Just wield the weapon again after it's on another target. With 20 or so legends/myths and scop healing, we should do enough damage. I'll promise my strongest sword arms to the battle.

I could probably get:

Ilrahil, Krewl, Myself, Caane, Jenya, Drakon and maybe Barak and Hissss as well.

What can other guilds provide? Of course, if the blue army is investing so much into the fight, we want assurances some of the loot will find a home within our halls.

-Bromen

Chanele
Champion

Post by Chanele » 11 Dec 2014 10:15

Just wait until Fluffy and Morrison gives it a try;)

Hektor
Veteran

Post by Hektor » 11 Dec 2014 11:39

This is purely OOC:

Bromen:
I am fairly sure Hektor will show up - we just need to explain to him that the Turkeysaurous somehow presents a greater threat to Creation than the offence in teaming with Heretics (Necromancers)... (Maybe Gorboth can present us with a boosted "slay undead" spell until our recode as a result? ;))
I am pretty sure we can convince the Calians to help BDA defend the Free people of Sparkle against the beast as well (greater good and all that silly jabber).

Carmelo:
I get that Bromen wants to propaganda more loot, but with that argument - you cannot do it without teaming abilities (read - scop healing) and so... "loot claimed". *tease*

Chanele:
The Saurous is pretty ignorant of magic - so I would like to see them try :)

Gorboth:
Will the reward match that several people rather than an individual is participating? (aka not a single or few items - but several items or what not - maybe one to each participant?)
Lawful evil - conform or die.

Habiki
Adept

Post by Habiki » 11 Dec 2014 15:42

It took over 10 large people to kill the Balrog the last couple times we did it. I haven't tried taking on this Turkeysaurus, but it sounds like it would require both healing and dps, or maybe just raw DPS and alternating tanks could suffice. In the balrog cases, there was only one loot item dropped and it went to the person who landed the killing blow.

Syrk
Rising Hero

Post by Syrk » 11 Dec 2014 16:48

From what i have seen no great healing abilities are needed. The saurus hits hard but it does not block and changes targets randomly. So if you are careful, then you will be fine.
What is needed are big, BIG guns. Lots of them.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/