Quest Hint

Need help with quests? Maybe just some advice on which guilds to choose? This is the forum for you. Note that you must be a validated player to view this forum. (Note: Quest help should come in the form of helpful suggestions/hints, but not direct solutions/walkthrough info.)
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Laurel

Re: Quest Hint

Post by Laurel » 17 Jan 2015 21:24

the spirit sword has a command, but the use of it is just a lame emote

Icarus
Veteran

Post by Icarus » 17 Jan 2015 22:41

Well, Shiva's not around anymore (or at least not much), reopen more of the old Emerald which I loved a lot.. From when Plugh opened it and until I left, long before it was given way too much OP (of the time) items and, not to forget, vampires ;)

How about a return of the katana quest? :D
Flee you fools!

Dread
Great Adventurer

Post by Dread » 18 Jan 2015 08:49

Anyone have any hints as to where the gardener in Calathin has lost his gloves?

Thanks.

Syrk
Rising Hero

Post by Syrk » 18 Jan 2015 11:24

Forums are great.
Before to ask such questions you had to go around and talk with people, make friends, sends messages.
Now you write on a website and several people answer.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 18 Jan 2015 12:32

syrk wrote:Forums are great.
Before to ask such questions you had to go around and talk with people, make friends, sends messages.
The wonders of modern technology.:)

The rules for providing quest hints on the forum are pretty clear, and are found as a sticky note in this forum section: https://www.genesismud.org/forums/viewt ... =19&t=2834

As long as those giving hints aren't providing exact directions / locations but actually provide _hints_ it's all good. Questing should be fun, and being completely stuck for days and weeks is rarely fun. If you get your hints here or in-game it's up to you. Because everyone will need at least some hints. I mean if someone managed to solve all our quests without hints or solutions I'll eat my hat if I had one.:)

Icarus
Veteran

Post by Icarus » 18 Jan 2015 12:45

Dread wrote:Anyone have any hints as to where the gardener in Calathin has lost his gloves?

Thanks.
Well, you can assume that he's not living in the garden where he works, nor in the large structure that the garden belongs too. The natural suggestion then would be to look for special things in the area around there...
Flee you fools!

Dread
Great Adventurer

Post by Dread » 18 Jan 2015 19:24

Used to be people would stop and talk and actually make an effort to hang out with people not necessarily in their grind group.

Icarus
Veteran

Post by Icarus » 18 Jan 2015 20:03

Dread wrote:
Used to be people would stop and talk and actually make an effort to hang out with people not necessarily in their grind group.
Used to be people.... more people... pauses were needed for things to respawn... ;)
Flee you fools!

Arcon

Post by Arcon » 18 Jan 2015 20:18

Icarus wrote:
Dread wrote:
Used to be people.... more people... pauses were needed for things to respawn... ;)
Easy enough to fix, less grinding places. Close 2/3 of them and people would have to interact more and compete for grinding the spots (more guild politics/conflict).

BUT OH NO! Our xp! The Horror!

Dread
Great Adventurer

Post by Dread » 19 Jan 2015 00:35

Icarus wrote:
Dread wrote:
Definitely true. I am currently doing nothing but questing. I hate it, but it is a necessary evil and I would rather just get everything done I can, and not have to worry about it again. During my travels, I have run to a few, (many would be overstating it, but it was more than I had believed I would see), grinding groups. Not one responded to hellos, intros or any other means of communication I bothered to try. Not one. I even followed a couple of them for a few rooms, in case said people were only vaguely paying attention. Nope. Thankfully there are a handful of individuals who are quite a bit more sociable, but even then I have yet to meet/interact with anyone I feel comfortable with asking for help killing something, or whatever. (The only partial exceptions are a certain former gladiator who has been kind enough to assist me, and a giant ogre. I still don't know them that well though, and it does bother me to have to ask.)

From my perception, as flawed as it may be, it appears that I would need to join a different guild to find a community to hang out with. There is nothing wrong with that I suppose, other than the reduction in diversity, and I will more than likely take that route to finding a group.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/