Archers

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Ody
Hero

Archers

Post by Ody » 31 Oct 2016 20:30

Kvator wrote:we need (my opinion ofc) playable (at all) archers :)
Now that I agree with.

Arman
Wizard

Re: Khiraa

Post by Arman » 01 Nov 2016 03:54

Ody wrote:
Now that I agree with.
So do I. It's on my list. I've had a few wizards who have put their hand up to work on the archers who have gone AWOL and de-barred from the Registrar of Genesis Wizards. It is something i'll have a look at after SoHM open and the PoT are transferred to the new magic system... and probably before I finalise the WoHS for beta testing.

I will argue it is playable when combined with mercenaries, in particular at lower levels, but certainly isn't optimal :). But I have always thought they were kind of novel/fun.

Kvator
Champion

Post by Kvator » 01 Nov 2016 13:24

Arman wrote:
Ody wrote:
Now that I agree with.
So do I. It's on my list. I've had a few wizards who have put their hand up to work on the archers who have gone AWOL and de-barred from the Registrar of Genesis Wizards. It is something i'll have a look at after SoHM open and the PoT are transferred to the new magic system... and probably before I finalise the WoHS for beta testing.

I will argue it is playable when combined with mercenaries, in particular at lower levels, but certainly isn't optimal :). But I have always thought they were kind of novel/fun.
mattack was changed to work with bows?

yup they are fun...and elven archer is kind of fantasy archetype (just like knight and wizard ;) )

good to know there is wizard with similar opion on guilds stuff (yeah PoT need rework hard as well) :)

Emmiline Calaith
Adventurer

Post by Emmiline Calaith » 01 Nov 2016 13:36

I was an archer (not in the guild) for over a year. Mattack doesnt work with bows, the Mercs don't even let you train bows. You have to adapt the missiles skill.

Also, the Archers guild kicks out their members upon the next login if they're in the Eil-Galaith racial guild, so I couldn't really get any true combat benefit out of using them (hence why I switched back to swords, as sad as it made me). Currently it's really only a fun roleplaying aspect. I had superior master missiles skill after adapting (superior guru when I wielded the singing elven longbow), and it still took me a long time to kill NPCs the same level or just below me (the mariner on the Ansalon ship took me more than 2 of the ships's rounds to take down when I was a level above him- when I switched back I could kill him before the ship's first found even started).
Last edited by Emmiline Calaith on 01 Nov 2016 14:29, edited 1 time in total.
There are three types of people: those who can count, and those who can't.

Arman
Wizard

Post by Arman » 01 Nov 2016 14:55

Emmiline Calaith wrote:I was an archer (not in the guild) for over a year. Mattack doesnt work with bows, the Mercs don't even let you train bows. You have to adapt the missiles skill.

Also, the Archers guild kicks out their members upon the next login if they're in the Eil-Galaith racial guild, so I couldn't really get any true combat benefit out of using them (hence why I switched back to swords, as sad as it made me). Currently it's really only a fun roleplaying aspect. I had superior master missiles skill after adapting (superior guru when I wielded the singing elven longbow), and it still took me a long time to kill NPCs the same level or just below me (the mariner on the Ansalon ship took me more than 2 of the ships's rounds to take down when I was a level above him- when I switched back I could kill him before the ship's first found even started).
I didn't know the Eil-Galaith were kicked out. Sounds like a bug... did you report that?

And you are right, mattack doesn't work with bows... you need to do as you suggested and use adaption to get your skill in bow up to superior guru.

Anyway, archers are on my to-do list :).

Emmiline Calaith
Adventurer

Post by Emmiline Calaith » 01 Nov 2016 16:22

Arman wrote:
Emmiline Calaith wrote:I was an archer (not in the guild) for over a year. Mattack doesnt work with bows, the Mercs don't even let you train bows. You have to adapt the missiles skill.

I didn't know the Eil-Galaith were kicked out. Sounds like a bug... did you report that?

And you are right, mattack doesn't work with bows... you need to do as you suggested and use adaption to get your skill in bow up to superior guru.

I believe I did, more than once, and I know for a fact that a couple of other people did, but none of us were ever contacted about it. I can't change and become a half-elf from Krynn at this point, Emm's last name is pretty much the root of who she is now. But even if the missiles can't be given a boost anytime soon, I'd really appreciate it if the bug was fixed. (: It wasn't just for me, either, my friend and I tested it with more than one Eil-Galaith character (elf, elf based half-elf, human based half-elf, ect) and they were all kicked upon their next login.

Ody
Hero

Post by Ody » 01 Nov 2016 16:50

Arman wrote:

https://www.genesismud.org/forums/viewt ... en+archers

It's a well known one I thought. It came up during Zar's recode attempt.

Arman
Wizard

Post by Arman » 01 Nov 2016 23:54

Weird. It shouldn't be a hard one to resolve. I'll look in to it and post when that has been fixed.

Emmiline Calaith
Adventurer

Post by Emmiline Calaith » 02 Nov 2016 00:11

Arman wrote:Weird. It shouldn't be a hard one to resolve. I'll look in to it and post when that has been fixed.
Thank you Arman!

Arman
Wizard

Post by Arman » 03 Nov 2016 04:50

Emmiline Calaith wrote:
Arman wrote:Weird. It shouldn't be a hard one to resolve. I'll look in to it and post when that has been fixed.
Thank you Arman!
Okay... i've added some code. They won't get kicked out on log in. I gave it a quick check and it seemed to work... if anyone finds that it still kicks you out let me know.

A.K

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/