Mortal limits

Need help with quests? Maybe just some advice on which guilds to choose? This is the forum for you. Note that you must be a validated player to view this forum. (Note: Quest help should come in the form of helpful suggestions/hints, but not direct solutions/walkthrough info.)
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Drazson
Titan

Mortal limits

Post by Drazson » 11 May 2017 06:07

I have been doing some questwork and I encountered a questgiver in Pelargir that denies my help because I'm an "old-timer". Does that mean that if I want to reach qexp cap I just have to create another character and all the effort was in vain? That sounds a bit rediculous so I guess there has to be a way to mend this instead, does anybody know?

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Re: Mortal limits

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 11 May 2017 10:17

New characters can't reach exp cap currently.
To reach it you need a character who did big old quests that are now closed.
Eg quests like original gont, flood troll shaws, mirkwood and the really big one the original Emerald quests. Plus more besides those.
If ur character did some of those you won't care about anything in Palanthas.

Still its seems strange could u give exact details of the NPC and the quest and then a wiz can probably say if its meant to be like that.

PS all currently open quests have tip orbs in domain rooms in tower of realms. And there is a website genesisquests.pbworks.com to help supplement those.

Questing is a lot nicer these days glhf
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

Kitriana
Champion

Post by Kitriana » 11 May 2017 11:54

I know which questgiver you are speaking of ... And honestly this is a quest that should be looked at and be readjusted. The wizard who coded it did so before the Tutorial Island was set up... and did so in order to create something for small fries. However - because of the size limit to enter the area - it now is only completable if you do the quest rather quickly after arriving in Sparkle. Without a newbie knowing to do so .. they will likely miss the window to complete this quest.
If something I wrote sounds confusing ... assume you misunderstood it.

palaver
Beginner

Post by palaver » 11 May 2017 16:03

Kitriana wrote:I know which questgiver you are speaking of ... And honestly this is a quest that should be looked at and be readjusted. The wizard who coded it did so before the Tutorial Island was set up... and did so in order to create something for small fries. However - because of the size limit to enter the area - it now is only completable if you do the quest rather quickly after arriving in Sparkle. Without a newbie knowing to do so .. they will likely miss the window to complete this quest.
Yep. I'm fairly new to the game and I missed this. Not that I'm beyond missing the obvious, but if we're going to have newbie-only quests, perhaps make it impossible to grow beyond a certain point without doing them (e.g., by limiting all such quests to the newbie isle) , or at least make them more prominent to players who by definition often need even relatively straightforward things pointed out to them.
"When I die, throw me to the wolves. I'm used to it."
- Diogenes the Cynic (trans. Davenport)

Kitriana
Champion

Post by Kitriana » 11 May 2017 16:17

I 100% agree

This is the "Grub Quest" near Pelargir and currently you need to be smaller than adventurer to do it.
If something I wrote sounds confusing ... assume you misunderstood it.

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 11 May 2017 16:48

That's bad design. I'll see if we can get that re-worked.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 11 May 2017 17:33

Impressive response time!

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 11 May 2017 21:31

Actually you CAN reach quest EXP cap nowdays.
You just need to do the weekly quests religiously for a good while.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 11 May 2017 22:07

Amberlee wrote:Actually you CAN reach quest EXP cap nowdays.
You just need to do the weekly quests religiously for a good while.
Well until Gorboth tells us how many weeks, months, years or decades of religiously doing them I remain to be convinced.
From what Cherek let slip it sounds like what G didn't say is the weekly quests will remain relevant for another decade plus.

If being capped was the goal it would probably be faster to just brute force hack some capped player passwords and count on Bebop Xar etc not noticing lol

end of hijack
I am pushing my luck a little on the poking the bear, plus my forum profile has popped myth ahead of my char. will shut up now

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 11 May 2017 22:11

If I recall correctly, I designed the Wednesday Market quest to eventually give out as much exp as the Zodiac quest, but over many weeks if you keep doing it.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/