Assisting

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Drazson
Titan

Re: Assisting

Post by Drazson » 29 Jul 2023 21:45

3 years later, I've fired off about 400 quadrillion assists, costing the server and the planet a lot.
I'm re-suggesting!

Skythus
Adventurer

Post by Skythus » 07 Oct 2023 01:32

Drazson wrote:
29 Jul 2023 21:45
3 years later, I've fired off about 400 quadrillion assists, costing the server and the planet a lot.
I'm re-suggesting!
Darn, the wrong kind of necromancer activity I was looking for ;)

Making a robust dictionary of friends and foes allows you to customize who you automatically attack. Combining that with GMCP leader triggers can contextually set the enemies you fight. It's really interesting to set up!

Auto assist could be very dangerous, i.e. what if someone provoked the shadow onion while grinding and then the whole party is at fault? I agree with the hate-train that it would also encourage mindless botting too.

What could be an engaging alternative to mindless grinding?

Maybe timed trials where your team gets an EXP bonus if they have the best time for the avg size? No heals allowed?

Thalric
Rising Hero

Post by Thalric » 07 Oct 2023 15:02

If your team leader is the kind that goes about provoking fights, and you have no wish to enter such battles...
Then I suggest you find a team leader who is more along the lines of your own world view.
Hopefully triggers can never be the answer to player stupidity.

Drazson
Titan

Post by Drazson » 24 Nov 2023 12:01

Skythus I have such things already set up.
The question was about making it a feature available to all instead of a timesink + codeskill check.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/