Vampires

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Rache
Adventurer

Re: Vampires

Post by Rache » 01 Mar 2024 23:45

Kvator wrote:
01 Mar 2024 21:49
Rache wrote:
01 Mar 2024 21:38
From anyone that WAS there, was there any indication that the Nazgul was being healed by "Someone", or did his health just keep going up? If there was an indication that someone was healing him (emotes or otherwise) then you'd think they would have been prompted to find an EC/truesight item to chase them away. I would see an issue if there was no message at all.
there was a message

sadly I (and other team members apparently) forgot to put EC into my pocket this time around (tried scrycheck to be 100% sure who the trickster was, but well....can't do because 'end game content'! :roll: )
When did we go from "I must find a way to overcome this challenge!" to "Fuck this game, they can do something I can't readily overcome, so I'm going to complain."

TaranGoatWalker
Great Adventurer

Post by TaranGoatWalker » 02 Mar 2024 01:04

Kvator wrote:
Rache wrote:
From anyone that WAS there, was there any indication that the Nazgul was being healed by "Someone", or did his health just keep going up? If there was an indication that someone was healing him (emotes or otherwise) then you'd think they would have been prompted to find an EC/truesight item to chase them away. I would see an issue if there was no message at all.
there was a message

sadly I (and other team members apparently) forgot to put EC into my pocket this time around (tried scrycheck to be 100% sure who the trickster was, but well....can't do because 'end game content'! :roll: )
Truesight can be accessed by literally anyone in genesis.
Stabby stabby stab stab.

Kvator
Champion

Post by Kvator » 02 Mar 2024 01:26

TaranGoatWalker wrote:
02 Mar 2024 01:04
Kvator wrote:
Rache wrote:
there was a message

Truesight can be accessed by literally anyone in genesis.
rly? :o

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 02 Mar 2024 01:30

Nerull is correct, this is definitely not a vampire issue and it has definitely been possible before our vamps existed. So cut Nerull some slack, and the vampire players too. None of them designed any of this. Nerull used standard spells and abilities, which are the same ones many other guilds use. The vampires players also use the global undead race that has existed for decades. The undead race is no more connected to the vampire guild than the dwarf race is connected to the Neidar guild, so let’s not bunch those things together.

I do vaguely remember that we may have discussed this back when SoHM first appeared and a bunch of SoHM thieves were stealing from people while invis. It’s a long time ago tho, but the stealing was the hot potato at the time, so any discussion about anything else you could do from invis was probably lost in the noise from the players who were screaming their lungs out about the invisible thieves :)

Anyway, should we do something about it now? I don’t know. I really don’t have a strong opinion either way, and I don’t know if it was designed like this on purpose or not. Either way, I am leaning towards keeping it, though. It seems to be causing some friction between players, which I see as something good. But if Ckrik sees some balance issues, and wants to change things, I probably won’t put up much of a fight.

Finally, anyone who claims this whole thing is some grand plan by the admin in order to give unfair advantages to the vampires will have their in-game race changed to “troll”.

Kvator
Champion

Post by Kvator » 02 Mar 2024 01:40

Cherek wrote:
02 Mar 2024 01:30
Finally, anyone who claims this whole thing is some grand plan by the admin in order to give unfair advantages to the vampires will have their in-game race changed to “troll”.
what are the troll race abilities to choose from?

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 02 Mar 2024 01:58

Kvator wrote:
02 Mar 2024 01:40
Cherek wrote:
It’s like with undeads, they don’t get to choose, they have preset abilities. Or actually just one, but it’s a really good one. Their ability is actually also called “invisibility”, which means any post they make on in-game boards, out of game forums, and our Discord server automatically becomes invisible. This allow trolls to post whatever they want without disturbing other players, but other trolls can of course see the posts. It’ll be like your own little secret troll society.

Kvator
Champion

Post by Kvator » 02 Mar 2024 02:07

Cherek wrote:
02 Mar 2024 01:58
Kvator wrote:
02 Mar 2024 01:40
Cherek wrote:
It’s like with undeads, they don’t get to choose, they have preset abilities. Or actually just one, but it’s a really good one. Their ability is actually also called “invisibility”, which means any post they make on in-game boards, out of game forums, and our Discord server automatically becomes invisible. This allow trolls to post whatever they want without disturbing other players, but other trolls can of course see the posts. It’ll be like your own little secret troll society.
count me in

Budwise
Veteran

Post by Budwise » 02 Mar 2024 09:26

You won't get fed tho.

Drazson
Titan

Post by Drazson » 02 Mar 2024 13:40

If things haven't changed, mostly anything you do in invis is written into the log of others as well. As long as it's that, sounds good?

TaranGoatWalker
Great Adventurer

Post by TaranGoatWalker » 02 Mar 2024 16:29

rly? :o
Yes. Go do your Sybarus quests.

Alternatively, go play genesis :P
Stabby stabby stab stab.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/