Vampires

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Kvator
Champion

Re: Vampires

Post by Kvator » 28 Feb 2024 14:42

Hektor wrote:
28 Feb 2024 13:37
but in all fairness this is nothing new as I understand it. Correct me if I am wrong.
'normal' heals doesn't work on this particular mob (Nazgul)

so in that case it's something new (duno if death spells casted on nazgul would trigger combat)

Hektor
Veteran

Post by Hektor » 28 Feb 2024 18:15

Not gonna go into details on how heals from different sources work/don't work..not my place. I do think you know how they work and here it's just annoying it's in their favor as well and not ours..because we benefit greatly from how they work too.
Lawful evil - conform or die.

TaranGoatWalker
Great Adventurer

Post by TaranGoatWalker » 28 Feb 2024 19:13

We seem to be missing the obvious solution already in place.
Stabby stabby stab stab.

Budwise
Veteran

Post by Budwise » 28 Feb 2024 20:22

TaranGoatWalker wrote:
28 Feb 2024 19:13
Closing yet another incarnation of vamps? Would be a shame.
This one seemed rather balanced until now.

Rache
Adventurer

Post by Rache » 28 Feb 2024 21:06

Budwise wrote:
28 Feb 2024 20:22
TaranGoatWalker wrote:
I think he means getting rid of the FBB altogether :shock:

TaranGoatWalker
Great Adventurer

Post by TaranGoatWalker » 29 Feb 2024 09:57

Rache wrote:
28 Feb 2024 21:06
Budwise wrote:
TaranGoatWalker wrote:
I mean spending all that time you do complaining about this getting yourself one of many sources of Truesight ;) :P
Stabby stabby stab stab.

Rache
Adventurer

Post by Rache » 29 Feb 2024 13:02

TaranGoatWalker wrote:
29 Feb 2024 09:57
Rache wrote:
Budwise wrote:

I mean spending all that time you do complaining about this getting yourself one of many sources of Truesight ;) :P
But then what would they have to whine and troll about?! :o

TripleM
Apprentice

Post by TripleM » 29 Feb 2024 13:29

TaranGoatWalker wrote:
Rache wrote:
Budwise wrote:

So - are we in agreement from a player-perspective (OOC) that meddling with combat you are not taking part in, by healing from invis, is basically the same as assisting in said combat and that it is a enough reason to get killed for? That it is a personal matter and not guild-related? Just asking for a friend.

I'm still of opinion that healing someone in combat from invis should break invis - if it was possible before by other guilds, I was not aware, but my opnion would be the same. If you call it whining, go ahead.

TaranGoatWalker
Great Adventurer

Post by TaranGoatWalker » 29 Feb 2024 15:07

TripleM wrote:
29 Feb 2024 13:29
TaranGoatWalker wrote:
Rache wrote:

So - are we in agreement from a player-perspective (OOC) that meddling with combat you are not taking part in, by healing from invis, is basically the same as assisting in said combat and that it is a enough reason to get killed for? That it is a personal matter and not guild-related? Just asking for a friend.

I'm still of opinion that healing someone in combat from invis should break invis - if it was possible before by other guilds, I was not aware, but my opnion would be the same. If you call it whining, go ahead.
How would it be any different to healing the enemy someone is fighting in plain sight?
Stabby stabby stab stab.

Hektor
Veteran

Post by Hektor » 29 Feb 2024 15:28

If you aid someone in combat, especially very direct aid like healing or buffing - (invis/hidden etc or not)... you have taken a side. That has a risc. When Hektor healed NPCs in the past I always knew - this may come back to haunt me... and it did :)

If it is a personal matter or a guild matter is like every conflict something you can never be sure about. Its about the parties and their rules of engagement. Ive found that general rules of engagement in Genesis (both from an OOC and IC perspective) have shifted back and forth over the decades.

I may think that I am acting alone by healing someone, but the opponent want to take it out on the guild i am in. It may even be that the guild affiliations see it as an act of war. Some may see the Holm as a free for all and if you go there you accept it... some may say.. even if I am visitor I abide by my own rules - attack me there and Ill attack you anywhere.

For us players its "help rules" - for our characters its "whatever you feel your characters feels about it" :) and both leaves the ball game very open!
Lawful evil - conform or die.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/