non-fighting options

Need help with quests? Maybe just some advice on which guilds to choose? This is the forum for you. Note that you must be a validated player to view this forum. (Note: Quest help should come in the form of helpful suggestions/hints, but not direct solutions/walkthrough info.)
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Snowrose
Rising Hero

Re: non-fighting options

Post by Snowrose » 02 Jan 2023 06:22

I was semi noncombatant for years, mostly just herbed, hunted for game, and healed in teams, smiths is also a decent way to advance in non combat.

its not fast its dirt slow took me like 15 years to go from GA to expert, but i also did not team or quest as much as i should have, but you can get to occ level with quests and teams, then just relax, rp, team, herb, craft, do holiday quests and sparkle weeklys,

Ckrik
Wizard

Post by Ckrik » 02 Jan 2023 09:15

Cherek wrote:
02 Jan 2023 06:05
Genesis doesn’t have to be about character growth. It’s rare, but there are quite a few examples of players who have not chosen the usual path of grinding and questing to enjoy Genesis. As mentioned above, there has been players who chose to be herbalists, and mainly gathered and sold herbs to other players. I also remember one player who decided to just explore and test all sorts of weird things, and wrote books and guides about it. He discovered all sorts of fun things not even we wizards knew about. We’ve also had a few players who more or less only focused on trying to win events, and almost never played otherwise. There are also many other small “mini games” that might be fun, even if it doesn’t grow your stats. Becoming the best fisher in the game (as Arman mentioned) is one thing, or writing the best Minstrel songs and taking over the Genesis “billboard” list is another.
Hopefully in the not so distant future I can add skunk berry market whale to the list of fun things to strive for in Genesis. Varian and I have also discussed some additions to smiths and other crafts to make them more relevant for today's Genesis. PvE thievery would definitely draw in some people who want to play the rogue game. Hopefully with time we can entice one or two talented or motivated programmers create them.

Snowrose
Rising Hero

Post by Snowrose » 02 Jan 2023 13:25

Ckrik wrote:
02 Jan 2023 09:15
Varian and I have also discussed some additions to smiths and other crafts to make them more relevant for today's Genesis.
In currently a gardener due to lfind i was a smith in the past, i dropped smith cause churning stuff i didn't use was less fun than herbing cause i did use herbs,

but if smiths added stuff like decent bow ammo (long black/leaf-headed or better),
or high skill chance benefits such as weapons with a spell focus chance, tiny chance of imbues dropping.

maybe repeatable quests like sparkle weekly's
make me 20 of blah at x quality (all craft guilds could have these), gardeners would end up a lot like the sparkle cooking quest. maybe mariners can have like a weekly treasure hunt.

sorry to be overly enthusiastic more non combat repeatable things like crafting and fishing. is definitely of HUGE interest to me. I tend to grind out of obligation and a lot of quests scare me. cause of the syntax frustration levels.

Arman
Wizard

Post by Arman » 03 Jan 2023 03:25

Fishing generates general experience.

*back to fishing*

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/