Mariners

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Thalric
Rising Hero

Mariners

Post by Thalric » 13 Mar 2022 22:56

So nice with all these new places being attached to the Genesis sea.
Being a mariner now, with high enough rank, is sort of becoming a way to have your own teleport ability.
Funny, really, considering that you completely ruined the teleport spells.

So... when are we going to see personal sailing being restricted to only once every 2 hours?

Ohh well. Back to being gone.

Zhar
Wizard

Re: Mariners

Post by Zhar » 21 Mar 2022 19:38

Everyone can sail to a limited extent. Not everyone can teleport.

Sailing is not restricted to Mariners guild so they would have to be looked at too.
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.

Riva
Apprentice

Post by Riva » 21 Mar 2022 19:46

Sailing is hardly that different from walking. It's not like a mariner can type <teleport Mithas> and suddenly they're standing right in front of a high level grinding area and when that's done type <teleport GK> and bam right next to another. Unlike the team teleport spell you're still crying over losing it isn't instant and there's a limit to how many bodies you can cram onto a boat, as well as a limit to the places you can go. Nice try though.

Drazson
Titan

Post by Drazson » 21 Mar 2022 20:52

Riva wrote:
21 Mar 2022 19:46
Sailing is hardly that different from walking. It's not like a mariner can type <teleport Mithas> and suddenly they're standing right in front of a high level grinding area and when that's done type <teleport GK> and bam right next to another. Unlike the team teleport spell you're still crying over losing it isn't instant and there's a limit to how many bodies you can cram onto a boat, as well as a limit to the places you can go. Nice try though.
Actually, it's exactly like that but nobody aliases it "teleport" :)

Riva
Apprentice

Post by Riva » 21 Mar 2022 23:31

Drazson wrote:
21 Mar 2022 20:52
Riva wrote:
21 Mar 2022 19:46
Actually, it's exactly like that but nobody aliases it "teleport" :)
That's so cool, your boat lets you teleport you and your entire team to ten places of your choice with no downtime or drawbacks? Where can I get one?

Drazson
Titan

Post by Drazson » 22 Mar 2022 00:49

I've been in one guild with team teleport and using the spell basically takes up a layman guild slot. No drawbacks heh.

Boats are much better since they occupy a craft slot. Half of Genesis can now speedwalk to the moon and back without breaking a sweat so I guess that's true teleport, combining land and sea and nothing to stop you.

I'd like some nice stuff for gardies and smiths tbh, Mariners are fine. It's impressively inane that there was all this ruckus about tp's and we got almighty boats and undeads but that's fine anyway.

Sibbedidenn
Adept

Post by Sibbedidenn » 22 Mar 2022 10:12

You guys know me, nils brought up the same issue a while back and if nils is saying it I agree wholeheartedly. Teleporting has got to stop in all its OP forms.

But you know which teleport ability wasn't OP, necro teleport. Let's bring back the old necro guild, it was so fun and super aesthetically pleasing! Bring em back! YAHOO!!!

With nils on this.

Thalric
Rising Hero

Post by Thalric » 22 Mar 2022 11:12

How many places are now connected to the sea? How many people can you cram onto a bigger boat? Did you ever bring a team bigger than you can be in a single boat?

Sure, I loved my teleport, anyone would.
But you're the one bringing the team version into this, I didn't.
Besides, teleport isn't instant. It needs no adrenaline. While that doesn't seem like a lot, having an alias to sail 100 locations, after having run another 200 without fatigue, 1 minute to cooldown gets you behind.

I don't know if you're connected through a 14.4 modem in Mozambique, but I tell you that my speedwalks are basically instant.

nils
Titan

Post by nils » 22 Mar 2022 11:26

Haven't you heard? If I suggest, complain about or critique something wizards won't touch it in fear of doing my bidding.

I have no comment on Mariners - other than that I am now one. Draw your own conclusions.
Nil Mortifi Sine Lucre

Magius
Novice

Post by Magius » 23 Mar 2022 20:33

Well dunno if the mariners is a problem, but mariners combined with the perks from undeads (no fatigue lost) is most of the times faster then any teleport.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/