Cirath Quests (and possible bugs?)

Need help with quests? Maybe just some advice on which guilds to choose? This is the forum for you. Note that you must be a validated player to view this forum. (Note: Quest help should come in the form of helpful suggestions/hints, but not direct solutions/walkthrough info.)
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Goirbagh
Apprentice

Cirath Quests (and possible bugs?)

Post by Goirbagh » 15 Mar 2022 15:42

I've mailed Mirandus a handful of times over this but I am not getting any replies (weeks have passed). I need to understand whether there is an issue with my character or what if I am not understanding something.

Possible spoilers for Cirath quests ahead.

I've joined the Gladiators' guild. As I understand it, two of the tree Cirath quests are Gladiator guild quests: The Master quest and the Guru quest.

Directly when joining, I managed to max out my skills at "superior master."

Brutus tells me he has a task for me. When I ask him, he initially told me to go fight four champions. If I ask him again, he will just say that he already told me what do to - namely, go fight the four champions (Myrdoth, Lyden, Avena and Derryn).

I've killed the four champions many times over. I don't get any special message when killing them. Brutus will just laugh and tell me I haven't proven myself worthy yet when I ask him for a reward. Asking him what to do, again, results in him telling me to go kill the four champions.

Speaking with Bocephus, I understand that quest #2 in the Cirath orb should be the guru quest, with quest #1 being the master quest and #3 being Oasis Sapling Quest.

If I look into the Cirath quest orb, I can only see TWO quests (Bocephus can see THREE quests in the orb)

1: ------
2: Oasis Sapling Quest (which I have finished)

Trying to find a hint for #1 gives "you don't sense anything useful for this quest."

Bocephus thought it weird I was able to max out to super master given that I have not completed the master quest.

I joined the Gladiators first half of february and I have also done "update membership" as per the guild board.

Can anyone please help me move forward in some direction? I'm unable to train to superior guru because of this.

Thalric
Rising Hero

Re: Cirath Quests (and possible bugs?)

Post by Thalric » 16 Mar 2022 00:32

I never heard of there being a master quest.

Trog
Novice

Post by Trog » 16 Mar 2022 05:50

Yes, at one point there was two quests for gladiators they had to do in order to receive the proper training. So for Bocephus who's an older character that actually has done both these gladiator quests they will show in the quest orb for Cirath.

However, since many years back (I can't recall exactly when) the master quest was removed and any new members in the gladiator guild can train up to master levels on joining. They will only see one quest in the quest orb, since they haven't done the "old" master quest that isn't available any more. This is how all the quest orbs work, older characters may have old quests showing up there that aren't available for newer characters, or have solved guild quests that you haven't been in yet. The 'hint' command at the quest orbs might also not be updated for all the quests, so that could be a reason be why you get that response.

I'm not sure exactly why Brutus won't accept your quest completion though... that sounds kind of weird. The only thing I can think of is that maybe your kills of all these npcs weren't done in the same login? Most of the quests in Genesis usually doesn't support saving the 'states' of quests between logins. Maybe you don't even need to ask for a reward but the maximum skill limit is increased in the training room already?

Goirbagh
Apprentice

Post by Goirbagh » 16 Mar 2022 06:36

Yes, I kind of figured it's probably because he's an older character - that's why he can see three quests.

As for the guru quest - yes, all kills on the same login. I can kill all four of them easily. Time and time again, I run around, introduce to all of them (and they introduce back), I kill them and then go to Brutus and ask for a reward (I actually even tried piling up the corpses in front of Brutus, showing him the corpses and giving the corpses to him).
You ask the grizzled powerful male dwarf: reward

The grizzled powerful male dwarf laughs harshly.
The grizzled powerful male dwarf booms: You have not proven yourself worthy! Only a gladiator who can slay the best outside of this arena in single combat, alone and without cowardice, deserves the title of guru!

The grizzled powerful male dwarf booms: Now, leave me, and train harder!
The grizzled powerful male dwarf booms: Do not bother me, unless you truly think you are ready to become a guru of the arena!
Not sure what to do from here!?

Asking him for the task:
You ask Brutus: task

Brutus booms: I have already told you what you must do to advance your skills to the next level! Face and slay each of the champions I have named in single combat, alone and unwavering. Only when you have done that should you ask me about a reward!
I cannot train higher than superior master in the guild halls.

Xerxes
Greenhorne

Post by Xerxes » 16 Mar 2022 11:43

If I remember it correctly,

If you leave the room while fighting any of these, I think it counts as a fail. But to be fair, it's been many years since I did it.

Goirbagh
Apprentice

Post by Goirbagh » 16 Mar 2022 14:06

I heard that as well, Xerxes, so you are likely correct. I am not leaving the room, however - they are easy kills for me!

Bocephus
Beginner

Post by Bocephus » 16 Mar 2022 14:17

That makes sense with me being old and done quests that no longer are around, in my time with you i also noticed that your connection drops out alot this could also disrupt these quests so would be something to check out
there was a bug in regards to the quests that Mirandus told me he fixed but worth checking if you go LD at any stage to rule that out

Goirbagh
Apprentice

Post by Goirbagh » 16 Mar 2022 15:21

Thanks Bocephus (and for all your help on this in-game as well). I sometimes LD, but I have also managed to kill the champions many times over without LD:ing.

In fact, just before posting this - I killed three of them (Lyden was not alive). From the log:
charge
You prepare to execute the lethal attack.
> Derryn scratches your head with his long-handled obsidian battleaxe.
You feel calm again.
Bones break and blood splatters as you devastate Derryn with your Athasian berserker charge, throwing him to the
ground in a bloody, lifeless heap.
Derryn died.
You killed Derryn.

> You feel calm again.
You beat Avena's body with your runed axe.
Avena died.
You killed Avena.

You feel calm again.
You beat Myrdoth's body with your runed axe.
Myrdoth died.
You killed Myrdoth.
I can do all four easily in a matter of minutes. As you can see, there is no confirmation or progress message (not sure if there should be!?).

Goirbagh
Apprentice

Post by Goirbagh » 16 Mar 2022 18:05

Alright, so I just did it again. Killed all four of them. First Lyden, then Avena, then Derryn and lastly Myrdoth. All of them intro'ed. Never left the room or anything - they are, as stated previously, easy kills. Went back to Brutus. Same thing:
Brutus booms: You have not proven yourself worthy! Only a gladiator who can slay the best outside of this arena in single combat, alone and without cowardice, deserves the title of guru!
This is getting tiresome - I really wany superior guru skills...

Mirandus
Site Admin

Post by Mirandus » 16 Mar 2022 18:58

This matter has been fixed. Some files were pointing to old files and now they aren't. So all is well.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/