[POLL] New mortal levels

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.

Should the new mortal levels be introduced to reflect current player size?

Yes, please
58%
No, thank you
29%
I have no opinion on the matter
13%

Total votes: 62

Zhar
Wizard

[POLL] New mortal levels

Post by Zhar » 23 Mar 2022 01:50

Hi, I was wondering what are other people's opinions on adding new mortal levels.

Why?

Currently there is a pretty big variance between player size on the top end of the spectrum ("baby myth" vs "super myth"), which might lead to some misinformation, bad judgement etc.

We've had similar situation a long time ago when current mortal levels were introduced. The difference then was that we didn't really have all of the current systems in place nor did anyone really know the full grind potential. Now that people have come very close to the "soft cap" would be in my opinion a good opportunity to once again revisit the mortal levels (and maybe the stat levels too?).

Pros
  • Real size of each character would be seen in the game (without having to resort to external rankings etc.), allowing people to brag about it, track friend or enemy progress and in general make more informed decisions regarding for example PvP
  • It would be easier to track your own progress past myth, without resorting to all sorts of weird activities to try and gauge your stats
Cons
  • Some people might be disheartened seeing the gap or looking at the prospect of the amount of grind required to reach max level
  • Some mystery will be gone
Go ahead and vote away!
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.

Sibbedidenn
Adept

Re: [POLL] New mortal levels

Post by Sibbedidenn » 23 Mar 2022 02:00

Well, all my characters are pretty small so I voted 3. but if it is a number that says how much xp you have next to 'myth' in the who list I would prefer it is optional. like <xpon><xpoff> in the settings or whatnot.

If it is adding new levels on the top end or resizing the levels altogether sounds good!

Zhar
Wizard

Post by Zhar » 23 Mar 2022 02:02

Sibbedidenn wrote:
23 Mar 2022 02:00
If it is adding new levels on the top end or resizing the levels altogether sounds good!
More this.
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.

Leti
Beginner

Post by Leti » 23 Mar 2022 02:16

I've voted yes, because in my opinion it would be a nice addition to the game :) cheers!

Baz
Beginner

Post by Baz » 23 Mar 2022 02:22

If we're adding more titles.

Can we add stat measurements beyond supreme x.

I want to see the gap between me and them. Not just 'a little bit better'.

Also, Tricksters are the real myth these days ;)

Rache
Adventurer

Post by Rache » 25 Mar 2022 13:53

If we do this, can we please remove the rankings page? I'm not alone in thinking that this has largely ruined the game over the years.

Thalric
Rising Hero

Post by Thalric » 25 Mar 2022 15:28

Rache wrote:
25 Mar 2022 13:53
If we do this, can we please remove the rankings page? I'm not alone in thinking that this has largely ruined the game over the years.
I agree

tor
Apprentice

Post by tor » 25 Mar 2022 16:33

I think adding new titles is a great idea!

Make myth the new top title and add a few titles in between current myth and new myth. I can't think of any words in the english language that are are superior to myth without getting silly, like "demi-god" etc. Or, maybe you simply add a line to their description or the "compare stats with x" command that adds something like "You judge that Tor is a brand new myth, medium sized myth, huge myth" etc.

I think alongside adding mortal levels, we would need to add new stat levels.

Also, VERY IMPORTANT - we would need to raise the floor for lower levels. Make it significantly faster to level up to current hero-titan level. 2x, 3x, 4x boost to get to that point. I think this last part is an absolute necessity in order to provide newbies and lower levels with a sense that it is possible without a decade of grinding to climb up to myth size. Else lower levels will very quickly become disillusioned with the game once they meet a huge myth and the prospect of the grind descends upon them.

Will huge myths be upset about raising the floor for newbies? Maybe a few of them, but their moderate ire is significantly less important than capturing and holding the interest of new players.

nils
Titan

Post by nils » 25 Mar 2022 16:51

Here, I'll help - Leviathan, Colossus, Myrmidon, Barrage, Juggernaut, Behemoth, Tarasque, Dreadnought, Mastadon
Nil Mortifi Sine Lucre

Thalric
Rising Hero

Post by Thalric » 25 Mar 2022 22:49

Those sound more like creatures and constructs, but I agree they fit the bill in relation to great size.

I agree with Tor that I would rather see more lower titles. And boosting smaller characters is a good idea. Just make it very obvious for when the xp rate goes down.
Perhaps making it a diminishing bonus.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/