Active Guilds?

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Nubeiro
Greenhorne

Active Guilds?

Post by Nubeiro » 04 Apr 2022 11:44

Hi,

I'm looking for a new home after graduating from Cadets (maybe a week or two to go). I was thinking about Dragon Order or Knights of Solamnia.

Are these two still active? If not, are there any other active guilds (warrior, maybe ranger like...)?

I mean, I am not talking about 50 active players on my guild, but having 2 or 3 active players around would be nice.

Thanks

Drazson
Titan

Re: Active Guilds?

Post by Drazson » 04 Apr 2022 12:57

The Dragon Order is oozing with activity! I do not know about the other 2 :)

TaranGoatWalker
Great Adventurer

Post by TaranGoatWalker » 04 Apr 2022 14:30

Rangers, KoS and monks are all doing fine for activity (the three you mentioned).

A note that the knighthood (last I checked) only take recruits from RH.
Stabby stabby stab stab.

Nubeiro
Greenhorne

Post by Nubeiro » 04 Apr 2022 15:04

TaranGoatWalker wrote:
04 Apr 2022 14:30
Rangers, KoS and monks are all doing fine for activity (the three you mentioned).

A note that the knighthood (last I checked) only take recruits from RH.
Sorry, what does RH mean?

TaranGoatWalker
Great Adventurer

Post by TaranGoatWalker » 04 Apr 2022 15:34

Rising hero, it's a level.
Stabby stabby stab stab.

gold bezie
Expert

Post by gold bezie » 09 Apr 2022 11:18

I didnt knew Knights only took people in from Rising Hero and higher.
The dragon order lets people in from wanderer and higher.
Both guilds (as rangers) let you be trained and demand you to do tasks before they let you in.

Now yes DO is populated now because of the recent enhancers.
Yet i would advice you to think through who your character should be.
A neutral Monk or a good-alignment knights ? It is a big difference.

Also monks are not allowed to kill dragons. So might be wise to do some quests first that require killing dragons :).
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that.

Zhar
Wizard

Post by Zhar » 26 Apr 2022 10:07

Goldbezie has raised some good points. Dragon Order is amazing but it also locks you out of some content in the game so it's better suited for people who've already done it (speaking from experience as someone who joined DO right after graduating Cadets myself). Knights have raised the minimum mortal level requirement for their recruits due to them being involved in a perpetual war with the Dragonarmies.

I guess the natural progression after Cadets would be joining Mercenaries/Gladiators for melee-oriented characters and School of High Magic for more magically inclined ones. They're all fine guilds, neutral and they'll let you explore more of a game before you set on a specific path (locking yourself to specific align will restrict you from completing some quests for example).
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.

Nubeiro
Greenhorne

Post by Nubeiro » 26 Apr 2022 12:37

Ok, I see. Thanks for the info. I think I had a wrong point of view on this. Coming from other muds and being a newbie I was concerned about these questions:

- If I have already payed for some abbilities (namely unarmed combat) why should I pay for another weapon skill?
- I was looking for a whole-life-guild, thinking that nobody likes guild-hopping players.

It seems that money is not that important in the long term and players are not rejected by other guilds when changing.

Zhar
Wizard

Post by Zhar » 03 May 2022 01:13

It is all true to a degree. After all your character is building up a history and some guilds might frown upon candidates who are known guild-hoppers (mainly in guilds requiring serious time investment and commitment to achieve the upper ranks) or who were in the guilds hostile to their own (personally I find redemption arcs interesting and having to put an extra effort to convince your former enemies to let you join them can also be a nice challenge).

I think maybe at some point we should revisit some guilds/quests in the Realms though. Seeing how guilds like the Dragonarmies, Knights of Solamnia, Calians and Rangers have built-in mechanics and facilities to easily transition younger players from say Cadets but you won't get to use them because of all the wars and mortal level requirements (and then it's a bit of a pain when you have to "downgrade" from a fully fledged occupational guild to this transitory recruit stage).

Maybe there could be a general agreement of not involving trainees of any guild in the war? Another problem would be people potentially locking themselves out of quests but I think we are adding new ones at a nice pace so this shouldn't be a problem for long.
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/