Gauging..

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.

Not compensating experience gained to the new, slower, reality was a

A good idea
45%
A bad idea
55%

Total votes: 29

Cherek
Site Admin

Re: Gauging..

Post by Cherek » 01 Jan 2023 17:05

Chanele wrote:
31 Dec 2022 12:27
None of the current players reached the so called soft cap, the biggest players made progress in 20-30 min so a change slowing things down was needed.

Now we just need to adjust so smaller players grow at the same pace as before the slow combat introduction.

/Chanele
That might be next after racial rebalance. We’ll see.

cyork2
Beginner

Post by cyork2 » 02 Jan 2023 00:18

Chanele commented that we need smaller players to grow faster. I'm sure many people would agree as getting to Myth the first time is quite a challenge. Just one counter-thought, IMHO the game is just a whole lot more fun BEFORE myth. I have two myth characters and a Titan level character who is violent in terms of brute (he needs to quest). Even now I can log in at Titan and make progs in 30 minutes which isn't warp speed but is enough to see progress towards my next title and feel like I'm actively getting somewhere (and if I quested to bring my brute down I would be growing faster).

I feel like the grind to Myth is a lot like childhood... when you are in it you just want to rush and get through it as fast as possible but then once you are through it you realize that you should have spent more time enjoying the part you rushed through.

But... I don't know how many people give up because Myth is 'too hard' and it may well be that it does need to be faster than it currently is. It would be useful to know what level people reach before they drop off.

Zhar
Wizard

Post by Zhar » 02 Jan 2023 17:25

I guess we should have statistics on how many players of a given size we have. Those could maybe provide some insight?
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/