Racial stats rebalance

A place for Genesis Wizards to share their latest projects and updates.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Quantum
Adept

Re: Racial stats rebalance

Post by Quantum » 01 Jan 2023 11:28

The vampire issue is that most of the vampires currently in the world are condescending to say the least. Some act like they own the Genesis world. There is a very real sense of only being protected by goblin stats.

Lets go through it - vampires canModerator: This section has been removed for violating our forums rules regarding not revealing sensitive game information. Making a list of a guild's abilities (that aren't openly listed within the game is not okay), regardless if the list is actually correct or not, which I will obviously not comment on. Are there any other guilds that offer this much? In the strictest narrowest sense of balance they may pay what they should. That does not mean that non-vampire players feel that they are balanced. Just like vampires feel that goblins are not balanced, while a lot of us do feel that due to in-game racism. And don't tell me you know the numbers better. You don't know our feelings or experiences better.

A lot of people have seen the lack of being a goblin vampire to being one of the few things that balance them. Since they clearly pay less tax than ogres. Which also confuse a lot of people when looking at the vampires abilities.

Looking at the responses in this thread, roleplayers like the options they get. But they are roleplayers, not grinders, and as such have all the choices in the world. If you're a roleplayer, stats do not matter?

Vampires are super eager to get goblin stats removed to make them more "competitive"? No, if you remove racial stats, vampires will be the strongest race by far. No other race even comes close to them. So obviously vampires want to neuter all other races.

If you are not a melee char, and want to grind with a bonus, go gnome. Gnomes are in fact the strongest grinders of all races. But the roleplayers in caster guilds refuse to play gnomes. I have met many players who say that it is beneath them to play gnomes. That's ok, but then you are not as good at grinding. Which is fair enough if you refuse to choose the grindy race.

Grinders tend to be goblins. Yes. Because it works. I grind because that is what I like. That is why i play the game.

I honestly don't think vampires will let me do that if the stats change. That means more playing field for vampires, none for me. Which is not an enticing future prospect. Yes I hear Cherek and Zizuph and Ckrik already typing that this won't be a problem, but looking at the Genesis discord, Sparkle Board and this forum thread, there are many people who fully expect this to be a problem. It's not just my imaginary friends.

How about leaving goblin stats in the game as they are, but then goblins can't pvp. Goblins can't attack other players and other players can't attack goblins. If you want to grind, go goblin. If you want to pvp, go vampire. And the rest is RP choices?

That gives everyone something to play. And no one have to feel trampled and leave the game :)

Zhar
Wizard

Post by Zhar » 01 Jan 2023 11:52

I'll stay out of the whole vampire discussion as I think this should be a completely separate topic (as it's more a guild balance issue than race balance if anything and it's for AoB to decide). Unless you're talking about undead in general, then Morgul Mages should also be brought into the discussion since all undead will share some features. I might be wrong on this but I think some time ago the undead code was standarized across the donut.

Regarding the racial changes I'd just like to add that I'm all in favor of having slight differences but I'm not a fan of having just one bonus and one detriment. This doesn't seem right. What I'd propose:

HUMAN - no bonuses/penalties
DWARF - +con, +dis, -dex, -int (sturdy and courageous but not very nimble and extremely traditional in their views)
ELF - +dex, +wis, -str, -con (good spellcasters and archers but a bit frail)
GNOME - +int, +dis, -str, -con (brave innovators and great arcane spellcasters)
GOBLIN - +str, +con, -int, -dis (similar to what they have now but toned down)
HOBBIT - +dex, +dis, -str, -wis (nimble and brave but not particularly strong or knowledgeable)

This would in my opinion be more in line with what we have today and would be a bit stronger theme-wise.
Last edited by Zhar on 01 Jan 2023 12:56, edited 1 time in total.
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.

Snowrose
Rising Hero

Post by Snowrose » 01 Jan 2023 12:19

i do really like zhar themes, yes its a bit painful to be an elf in these but I am used to -str and -con and if the negatives are less than what they are now its still a buff. and from a rp perspective both str and con fit better than dis.

Elves should be good casters,
maybe consider +wis (due to longevity) & +dex (to explain the great archers) if we are doing 2x2 bonuses/weaknesses

I also want to say I really do like the small bonus and weakness decision it was only the choice of weakness that wouldn't hurt me but felt unelfy. and even in the 1x1 sets +wis -con would make the most sense to me.

Zhar
Wizard

Post by Zhar » 01 Jan 2023 12:56

Snowrose wrote:
01 Jan 2023 12:19
i do really like zhar themes, yes its a bit painful to be an elf in these but I am used to -str and -con and if the negatives are less than what they are now its still a buff. and from a rp perspective both str and con fit better than dis.

Elves should be good casters,
maybe consider +wis (due to longevity) & +dex (to explain the great archers) if we are doing 2x2 bonuses/weaknesses

I also want to say I really do like the small bonus and weakness decision it was only the choice of weakness that wouldn't hurt me but felt unelfy. and even in the 1x1 sets +wis -con would make the most sense to me.
Great suggestion, I have amended my post accordingly.
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.

Nerull
Wizard

Post by Nerull » 01 Jan 2023 13:08

Quantum wrote:
01 Jan 2023 11:28
The vampire issue is that most of the vampires currently in the world are condescending to say the least. Some act like they own the Genesis world. There is a very real sense of only being protected by goblin stats.

Lets go through it - vampires can Moderator: This section has been removed for violating our forums rules regarding not revealing sensitive game information. Making a list of a guild's abilities (that aren't openly listed within the game is not okay), regardless if the list is actually correct or not, which I will obviously not comment on. Are there any other guilds that offer this much? In the strictest narrowest sense of balance they may pay what they should. That does not mean that non-vampire players feel that they are balanced. Just like vampires feel that goblins are not balanced, while a lot of us do feel that due to in-game racism. And don't tell me you know the numbers better. You don't know our feelings or experiences better.
Well, can't blame people for being condescending in act or role - could be that being a vampire, others/you are simply inferior/food items/blood sacks? I would argue that the undeads in Minas Morgul probably have a more extreme variant of this vs the living, but it's part of the roleplay, and I think it displays the "disconnect" between the morales of the living vs the corrupted undead - humanity is probably lost over time?

Vampire abilties, perpaps not wise nor fair to other players and vampires to reveal what they may or may not get here on the forums - if you have played a vampire, you would probably realize it doesn't quite work like the regular guilds, and probably several vampires don't know what you are talking about regarding the abilities, despite being a vampire.

OgreToyBoy
Champion

Post by OgreToyBoy » 01 Jan 2023 13:24

Amusing to read this thread that derails on every page. Someone mention vampires being overpowered and the damage-control team step in and, as a politician, write replies that answers nothing. The guild is probably balanced according to the current ruleset, still horribly overpowered.

Happy new year everyone, keep it up :D
Last edited by OgreToyBoy on 01 Jan 2023 20:27, edited 1 time in total.

TaranGoatWalker
Great Adventurer

Post by TaranGoatWalker » 01 Jan 2023 14:06

Quantum wrote:

Lets go through it - vampires can Moderator: This section has been removed for violating our forums rules regarding not revealing sensitive game information. Making a list of a guild's abilities (that aren't openly listed within the game is not okay), regardless if the list is actually correct or not, which I will obviously not comment on. Are there any other guilds that offer this much? In the strictest narrowest sense of balance they may pay what they should. That does not mean that non-vampire players feel that they are balanced. Just like vampires feel that goblins are not balanced, while a lot of us do feel that due to in-game racism. And don't tell me you know the numbers better. You don't know our feelings or experiences better.

A lot of people have seen the lack of being a goblin vampire to being one of the few things that balance them. Since they clearly pay less tax than ogres. Which also confuse a lot of people when looking at the vampires abilities.

Looking at the responses in this thread, roleplayers like the options they get. But they are roleplayers, not grinders, and as such have all the choices in the world. If you're a roleplayer, stats do not matter?

Vampires are super eager to get goblin stats removed to make them more "competitive"? No, if you remove racial stats, vampires will be the strongest race by far. No other race even comes close to them. So obviously vampires want to neuter all other races.

If you are not a melee char, and want to grind with a bonus, go gnome. Gnomes are in fact the strongest grinders of all races. But the roleplayers in caster guilds refuse to play gnomes. I have met many players who say that it is beneath them to play gnomes. That's ok, but then you are not as good at grinding. Which is fair enough if you refuse to choose the grindy race.

Grinders tend to be goblins. Yes. Because it works. I grind because that is what I like. That is why i play the game.

I honestly don't think vampires will let me do that if the stats change. That means more playing field for vampires, none for me. Which is not an enticing future prospect. Yes I hear Cherek and Zizuph and Ckrik already typing that this won't be a problem, but looking at the Genesis discord, Sparkle Board and this forum thread, there are many people who fully expect this to be a problem. It's not just my imaginary friends.

How about leaving goblin stats in the game as they are, but then goblins can't pvp. Goblins can't attack other players and other players can't attack goblins. If you want to grind, go goblin. If you want to pvp, go vampire. And the rest is RP choices?

That gives everyone something to play. And no one have to feel trampled and leave the game :)
Methinks CLing isn't a thing anymore :D that's old vamps.

Furthermore... as a ranger, what do I do when the pvp banned goblin starts slaughtering CA, or MT? Do I just go 'oh, he's a non-rp char, I'll leave him be?'

Bleed is a weapon based thing...
See in dark - all undeads have that...
I do suspect you're making some stuff up/extrapolating based off poor evidence.
Stabby stabby stab stab.

Quantum
Adept

Post by Quantum » 01 Jan 2023 15:34

TaranGoatWalker wrote:
01 Jan 2023 14:06
Methinks CLing isn't a thing anymore :D that's old vamps.

Furthermore... as a ranger, what do I do when the pvp banned goblin starts slaughtering CA, or MT? Do I just go 'oh, he's a non-rp char, I'll leave him be?'

Bleed is a weapon based thing...
See in dark - all undeads have that...
I do suspect you're making some stuff up/extrapolating based off poor evidence.
If you are not a vampire, then please don't start saying what you "think" they can/can not. I think most people gathered from Nerulls post, that I know what I'm talking about.

Whether I have a vampire alt or a vampire has freely shared everything is besides the point.

Like the ogre toy boy said, the damage control team is frantically trying to divert attention away from the vampire topic. And yes, it is closely related to the stats of other races. Please adress the issue.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 01 Jan 2023 16:47

Quantum wrote:
01 Jan 2023 10:29
There are more killing areas for good-aligned than for evils.
I am not sure if you are trying to misunderstand for the sake of disagreeing, or if you actually misunderstand. I will reply as if you actually misunderstood what I meant. I am guessing you are referring to myth grinders when you say that are more areas for goodies than evils, but there is more players than just myths in the game. For example, in the hero-legend range I'd say the opposite is true. But I don't think anyone of us have counted ALL viable grinding areas for ALL different kinds of players. I can't say with certainty if there are more evil mobs to kill or more good mobs to kill if we count all grinding areas for all mortal levels? Can you?

Either way, that wasn't the point with what I said above, what I meant is that for grinding its clearly best to be neutral, as you can kill anything you want in all grinding areas in the game. The second best is obviously to be evil, because you go up in align slower than you go down, and also because most evil guilds are less restrictive when it comes to align than most goodie guilds. I know you know this, and I am pretty sure you also knew that was what I was talking above above. So, let's not pretend evil isn't better than good when it comes to grinding.
Quantum wrote:
01 Jan 2023 10:29
Which version of the changes are currently the one planned to go live?

When will it go live?
Like I wrote in the post you are replying to, nothing is set in stone. We have not 100% decided on anything, we have presented a suggestion that we belive in, and we are asking for your feedback. When we do it also remains to be determined, but I hope we can get it done before the end of the month (depending on when we make the final decision).

Kvator
Champion

Post by Kvator » 01 Jan 2023 17:42

Quantum wrote:
hahahahahhaa

the whole setup of anti-vampire sentiments (hard to disagree btw) leading to...this? xDDD

10/10 for the effort!

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/