Myth Prog Tracker

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
cyork2
Beginner

Myth Prog Tracker

Post by cyork2 » 31 Dec 2022 03:14

After a lengthy discussion elsewhere, I would like to propose that Myth level players get to see how many progresses they have (total since Myth) when they meditate. At Myth, even when the xp was 'faster' the grind mostly seems pointless. Yay I got 5 progs today... none of my stats moved... nothing has changed notably day after day after day. It feels like you are not getting anywhere, and you have no solid evidence to prove otherwise.

Thanks,
Avo

Cherek
Site Admin

Re: Myth Prog Tracker

Post by Cherek » 31 Dec 2022 05:05

cyork2 wrote:
31 Dec 2022 03:14
After a lengthy discussion elsewhere, I would like to propose that Myth level players get to see how many progresses they have (total since Myth) when they meditate. At Myth, even when the xp was 'faster' the grind mostly seems pointless. Yay I got 5 progs today... none of my stats moved... nothing has changed notably day after day after day. It feels like you are not getting anywhere, and you have no solid evidence to prove otherwise.

Thanks,
Avo
I totally agree. We need a more fun system than "counting fantas manually". We do have plans and ideas for this. We'll see what happens after the racial rebalance, when we have decided what we'll tackle next.

Quantum
Adept

Post by Quantum » 02 Jan 2023 21:32

I know suggesting adding in mortal levels is old but being able to reach demi-god mortal level and demi-god stats is still interesting.

Also, have you considered adding new races as endgame content? If a player reaches 10-20-50% xp past myth, they can restart as a special race? Tri-kreen with 4 arms, able to wield 4 weapons, dragons with 2-4 unarmed claw swipes per combat round and a breath and able to fly? Starting over from novice obviously :D

Then we don't count manual fantas endlessly, only until we can rebirth. What to do when you reach 200 fanta past myth as a reborn mythical creature is of course a different story.

Other than that, adding in a sort of meter for meditation is a really useful tool for grinders.

Snowrose
Rising Hero

Post by Snowrose » 03 Jan 2023 01:12

I love this idea, or just in general i litterally have a notepad that after every day i meditate and compare any stat chsnged to previous day so i can "see my experience bar move."

and im only an expert and i find it slow and frustrating to not see much difference in my stats for days or week. (i typically can only grind for like an hour before i get interrupted by family) I can only imagine how it is for myths that have everything maxed.

anything to give people a feel they are making progress will add to the fun of the game be it more mortal levels, or fanta tracking, or even speeding up the prog bar so fantas are twice as fast at higher levels. adding in "mini pings" without chabging exp or leveling speeds, "achievements" both combat and noncombat.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 03 Jan 2023 06:13

Quantum: I don't think we will add new mortal levels because it'll just make many players feel "stressed" about needing to reach the highest level again, and I am not sure that is good. Some would like it, many probably would not. However, I do think we need more stats beyond supremes, and we are discussing doing that already. That many players are so far beyond the maxium stat is problematic in many ways, and since stats are not something other players can see, I don't think it'll come with the same drawbacks as more mortal levels. So, that is something that hopefully will happen. Before Xmas, or sooner!

The idea of reaching an "end" and then being reborn as something else has also been discussed a couple of times before. Reach 300 avg and be reborn as a dragon? That's cool. But then what? What does a dragon do? And what stats does it have? Can it join guilds? Do you restart at novice size again, and redo it all? Or what? Lots of things need to be sorted out for a system like that to work I think. It's mainly been discussed "for fun" so far, I haven't really heard anyone come up with a fully fleshed out idea about this - yet.

Snowrose
Rising Hero

Post by Snowrose » 03 Jan 2023 07:27

omg DRAGONS!!! that sounds awesome, you could have different color dragons that simulate different races gold for dwarf silver for elf black for goblin similar stat bonuses and guild allows cause they could have a humanoid form. to be simple

or maybe have a few area specific special elit race guilds like ent for middle earth, so you can be an ent/entwife ranger, :p sooo many possibilities

Budwise
Veteran

Post by Budwise » 03 Jan 2023 09:41

All for more statlevels above supreme, but stats does indirectly show up in rankings.
Maybe remove rankings? We already see people autoidling to get on top of the age-category.

As for being reborn as a dragon. Who's going to code all the princesses we will need to eat?
Way back when you autowiz'ed when reaching level 20(?), but probably keep it voluntary
if this dragonidea pans out. But it sounds a bit like the fabled realm of Immortal that never got anywhere.

Snowrose
Rising Hero

Post by Snowrose » 03 Jan 2023 13:55

it could end up say being just a club (at first) only for maxed players like the wizepersons club that just gives you some cosmetic stuff like ability to make your race something unique, and some emotes.

Budwise
Veteran

Post by Budwise » 03 Jan 2023 13:57

I'd run around in the dragon costume from Mvsevm all the time
if the Fun Police hadn't decided that we can't use them. ;)

Quantum
Adept

Post by Quantum » 04 Jan 2023 04:23

Cherek wrote:
03 Jan 2023 06:13
Quantum: I don't think we will add new mortal levels because it'll just make many players feel "stressed" about needing to reach the highest level again, and I am not sure that is good. Some would like it, many probably would not. However, I do think we need more stats beyond supremes, and we are discussing doing that already. That many players are so far beyond the maxium stat is problematic in many ways, and since stats are not something other players can see, I don't think it'll come with the same drawbacks as more mortal levels. So, that is something that hopefully will happen. Before Xmas, or sooner!

The idea of reaching an "end" and then being reborn as something else has also been discussed a couple of times before. Reach 300 avg and be reborn as a dragon? That's cool. But then what? What does a dragon do? And what stats does it have? Can it join guilds? Do you restart at novice size again, and redo it all? Or what? Lots of things need to be sorted out for a system like that to work I think. It's mainly been discussed "for fun" so far, I haven't really heard anyone come up with a fully fleshed out idea about this - yet.
At 250 average stat you can begin a quest that requires you to find objects and kill people in every single domain. I was going to suggest adding a specific quest but that takes a lot of time to implement. Giving people a scavenger hunt list for existing things is much easier and faster to implement. Once you have proven that you actually know something about the game, you can choose to be reborn. As a dragon. Choose among different colors with different breath weapons. As a novice. 1 quest xp. You then have to redo all quests, regrow, and last but not least, collect a certain amount of platinum coins and gems for your lair before being able to gain dragon age levels. Dragons are highborn majestic mythical creatures that due to their claws excel at unarmed melee combat (DO and mercs) or using their draconian brain as spellcasters (MM, EC, PoT, Students, WoHS). Their racial guild affords them a 50% stat bonus on all stats, making them able to excel as both melee and caster. Alternatively you can copy the merc guild and make a dragon guild with more or less the same skills. Just claw swipes instead of the merc attack and an additional breath weapon that hits all enemy combatants in the room. You could also instead give these dragons 5-10% stat bonus every time they raise their age level with the last one, ancient dragon at 250 giving them their final bonus. Obviously dragons should be restrictet in pvp so they just can't walk around and eat everyone. But if you attack them, the claws are out to get you! At mature dragon their wings can fly them from one domain to another, much like the dragonarmies. Mature dragons should also be able to bring a friend or 2. Kind of a team teleport, except it takes a minute to fly somewhere, not instant.

Starting over at 1 xp is really only for the truly hardcore. I would also recommend making a racial/occ/layman guild for dragons. I for one would definitely be happy to start over as a dragon with 4 claw attacks and a nasty breath. Even though I had to redo all the quests again.

Once you get to ancient dragon Cherek codes your own lair where you can retire to. Everyone can go and see the room, but not take anything or attack you. If you log out, an npc version of yourself is sleeping on top of the pile of coins and gems you have accumulated and show off ;)

Does that mean dragons can grind beyond ancient dragon and pile up more coins and gems? Yes! You can never have too many coins and gems, ask any dwarf! Does this mean dragons will have a stat bonus beyond all other races? Yes! They have the potential to be the biggest baddest dragons in the realm. But you will have to sacrifice everything to get it. Not make an alt and keep your main char, no your main char, the one that becomes a dragon, gets completely reset. If you make a full dragon guild, they don't get any kind of protection from being in a guild. You rely on friends to help you. Since you start out being naked and 1 xp, without the ability to wear or wield anything. Possibly add a dragon lair in Sparkle they can hide in. Since some people might want to start hunting them for their nice dragonscales...

Doing this also means sacrificing the ability to use imbues, since you can't wear anything. Except maybe the golden monocle. I would love to be an ancient red dragon with a gold monocle. Distinguished draconian gentleman.

You could also make it Krynn themed so you start out serving a dragonarmy, as a novice baaz draconian, working your way up to aurak, having to complete an additional quest to transform into a dragon much later on.

The sky's the limit. Let me know if you want more details.

Yes 4 claws swipes in combat is a lot, but apart from natural scale armour (much like minotaur horns or saurian skin) you can't actually use anything. Maybe hold or wield for quests, but not for combat. Has anyone ever tried being pounded several time in the blink of an eye on the warplains, this is what they should be doing. And flame breast, lightning, poison, frost......I can't stop...dragons!!

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/