stat level changes, reflecting increase of stat

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.

which order do you like best when it comes to the new stat levels

Epic -> Immortal -> Supreme -> Extraordinary -> Incredible ->Unbelievable -> Miraculous -> Impossible.
45%
Incredible - > phenomenal->Extraordinary - > Epic - > Unbelievable - > Supreme - > Immortal -> Divine
55%

Total votes: 20

dwarfishmonk
Novice

stat level changes, reflecting increase of stat

Post by dwarfishmonk » 24 Jan 2023 23:33

The current stat levels is suggested to be:

Epic -> Immortal -> Supreme -> Extraordinary -> Incredible ->Unbelievable -> Miraculous -> Impossible.

However, Having an immortal stat turning into an extraordinary stat as a progression does not make any sense at all.

I discussed with many other players before we reached this conclusion to better reflect the increase in a stat.

Incredible - > Phenomenal -> Extraordinary - > Epic - > Unbelievable - > Supreme - > Immortal -> Divine

The reason divine was suggested is the term impossible feels somewhat blánd and soulless as a final stat level. No offense for those who suggested it. Divine as a last stat level was originally kvators idea and not mine. After discussion with Cherek and some other players my hope is that a poll might change the mind of the admin into a different path.

So here it goes. The main drive force behind this post was really to put immortal way ahead of the other stat levels. And making the progression line clearer.

One thing a panel of players concluded was that the term miraculous was not a good term to be used in a stat level. Since there is no single sole miracle for someone to reach a physical attribute. That term is closely associated with luck, and chance.

Thanks for participating.
Last edited by dwarfishmonk on 25 Jan 2023 10:00, edited 8 times in total.

Quantum
Adept

Re: stat level changes, reflecting increase of stat

Post by Quantum » 24 Jan 2023 23:43

At tonights board game we had a broad representation of most guilds on Genesis. We all agreed that when we read Chereks post, a choir of angelic powerplayers all chanted in unison "Challenge Accepted!"

I think "impossible" will motivate people to no end. Divine is less motivating from a provocative standpoint, and likely more rewarding if you ever reach it.

As for keeping the original stats unchanged, I understand the motivation for keeping them, but I think people can see past the changes if you only change above epic. And if you do, immortal and supreme may be better positioned past some of the new ranks.

Other than that, good job! I like that you add something above supreme.

Kalandil
Novice

Post by Kalandil » 25 Jan 2023 02:23

Personally i always been feeling that "Supreme & Immortal" were reversed.

Like Supreme you get to first before you become immortal.

If anything now would be the time to get that set straight and i honestly don't think that will be such a big deal.

Kalandil of the House Chaos & Mayhem

Snowrose
Rising Hero

Post by Snowrose » 25 Jan 2023 05:34

i like both sets, i think i do like the seconds progression feel a bit better but i still feel impossible is the best end stat, but both will work just fine.

Drazson
Titan

Post by Drazson » 25 Jan 2023 08:18

Between these 2 and neigh infinite other possibilties, you know what they say about opinions!

zelie
Beginner

Post by zelie » 25 Jan 2023 22:24

Both lists have features I could quibble about. The newly proposed list remedies some things, but immortal and divine seem roughly synonymous to me. If anything, divine is more "worldly," in everyday use, than immortal. Someone might say, "You look divine tonight," but they would not, I think, say, "You look like an immortal." The latter suggests greater profundity and power. Plus I like impossible better than divine, as the highest stat. So I went with the wizzies' initial suggestion.

Riva
Apprentice

Post by Riva » 25 Jan 2023 22:47

Personally I don't care what the list looks like as long as epic, immortal, and supreme are left alone. _In my own opinion_ it would feel really wack to suddenly have my supreme stats be epic or immortal. Even if it's just a different name for the same place. I'm too used to the order things are and anything else would feel weird.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 26 Jan 2023 01:15

Riva wrote:
25 Jan 2023 22:47
Personally I don't care what the list looks like as long as epic, immortal, and supreme are left alone. _In my own opinion_ it would feel really wack to suddenly have my supreme stats be epic or immortal. Even if it's just a different name for the same place. I'm too used to the order things are and anything else would feel weird.
Well, that is the reason I went with that. If we were doing a completely new game from scratch, I’d probably do it differently, and have at least immortal higher up the list. However, moving around epic, immortal, and supreme after all this time felt more weird than adding a bunch of new superlatives on top. Neither alternative is perfect, but I do think adding just new adjectives is better than moving the old ones around.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/