Update on the racial rebalance project

All Genesis Common Board Messages get directed here. Discuss and comment!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Thalric
Rising Hero

Re: Update on the racial rebalance project

Post by Thalric » 27 Feb 2023 16:35

It was meant to be for this change only. Since it is a huge thing for all of us.

When people go pay, it is fine as it is.

TaranGoatWalker
Great Adventurer

Post by TaranGoatWalker » 27 Feb 2023 18:45

Cherek wrote:
27 Feb 2023 15:35
TaranGoatWalker wrote:
27 Feb 2023 14:59
Any chance we could see what the perks entail now that they're finalised?
I figured I would present it when I have written the new help files. Which I haven't yet.
Thanks!
Stabby stabby stab stab.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 27 Feb 2023 19:33

Thalric wrote:
27 Feb 2023 16:35
It was meant to be for this change only. Since it is a huge thing for all of us.

When people go pay, it is fine as it is.
Right. Yeah, I am not against that. However, I do think we have to call it done at some point. We really want to get it launched next-next Armageddon. We're in testing/bug fixing mode now, and adding new features at this point feels risky. If we miss this window we're looking at a launch sometime in April due to RL stuff getting in our ways too.

Dan
Adventurer

Post by Dan » 28 Feb 2023 03:54

I find your response fair cherek,. that you do not wish to push even more work load onto those doing this project.

A few things could be clarified then though.

Q: Will the modifiers that thamaturgist uses for his 1-5 settings be the same as today when this goes live?
- There was in the discussions a mention that people were allowed to further skewer their characters compared to todays settings, and thus knowing the effect by trial beforehand would be meaningless if he has changed his settings on release.

Q: If the modifiers are altered compared to now, can we please get an approximatly percentage of how much more skewering will be possible?
- I love the guy whoms role i cant even spell thamasomething? however, having to wait weeks for an effect that you slowly transform into will be of significant ramifications, as when one chooses badly still would have to wait the full period of time, thus being able to experiment beforehand and trying to 'figure it out' would be a preferred route for some of us math geeks.

Q: How long are you planning on the free death/thamargutitismitistic ?
- Many older players check genesis on a bi-monthly, or even bi-yearly basis, thus if they feel they miss this window of opportunity they'd be less inclined to return, on the other hand having a 'free pass forever' waiting ahead would also feel a little silly, so is it 1 week from login? 1 month ? 3 month? 6? 12 ? It should be long enough for people to experiment and learn how it works out from friends before taking the big dive themselves, but not open for the freepass more than maybe 6 months in my view. Maybe a function be made for the mighty AOP to tug out free-passes for future returnees (that wouldnt required to be build in this project but could come later)

zizuph
Veteran

Post by zizuph » 28 Feb 2023 21:02

Dan wrote:
28 Feb 2023 03:54
Q: Will the modifiers that thamaturgist uses for his 1-5 settings be the same as today when this goes live?
The Thaumaturgist modifiers will be equal to the meditation modifiers. It will allow you to reset, as if you had been in that state since novice, with the bigger modifiers in play.
Dan wrote:
Q: If the modifiers are altered compared to now, can we please get an approximatly percentage of how much more skewering will be possible?
You should be able to modify yourself enough to reach goblin level bonuses. The hobbit level dexterity modifier was quite outside everything else, so you won't be able to quite reach that.
Dan wrote:
Q: How long are you planning on the free death/thamargutitismitistic ?
Indefinitely, as players may takes years to login.

Quantum
Adept

Post by Quantum » 01 Mar 2023 23:37

zizuph wrote:
28 Feb 2023 21:02
You should be able to modify yourself enough to reach goblin level bonuses. The hobbit level dexterity modifier was quite outside everything else, so you won't be able to quite reach that.
So when you roll this out, we should meditate and see what our options are, before visiting the thaumaturge?

zizuph
Veteran

Post by zizuph » 01 Mar 2023 23:41

Quantum wrote:
01 Mar 2023 23:37
zizuph wrote:
28 Feb 2023 21:02
So when you roll this out, we should meditate and see what our options are, before visiting the thaumaturge?
Meditate affects the future, Thaumaturgist the past. The numbers behind changed but the selection systems do not change.

Budwise
Veteran

Post by Budwise » 05 Mar 2023 10:53

I must confess not being very hung up on numbers.
Will there be a "balanced"-option, that automagically evens out
the stats for lazy elves? :)

Thalric
Rising Hero

Post by Thalric » 05 Mar 2023 11:02

It works by you assigning a focus to each stat.

Normal, slightly stronger, somewhat stronger, stronger and much stronger.
Your stats are all even before that, so if you want even stats all over, you just go normal on all of them.
Then your stats will all be completely the same.

Budwise
Veteran

Post by Budwise » 05 Mar 2023 14:29

Thalric wrote:
05 Mar 2023 11:02
Your stats are all even before that, so if you want even stats all over, you just go normal on all of them.
Then your stats will all be completely the same.
Are they tho? Elf now and I have balanced stats.
So I'd expect my weak ones to go up and the strong ones to drop. No?

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/