The new racial system will go live soon

All Genesis Common Board Messages get directed here. Discuss and comment!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Cherek
Site Admin

Re: The new racial system will go live soon

Post by Cherek » 09 Mar 2023 16:21

Budwise wrote:
08 Mar 2023 14:54
Cherek wrote:
08 Mar 2023 13:05
Usually depending on if you are undead or living... :)
Or as I call it: Before and after the first cup of tea of the day.
:D

Brentan
Beginner

Post by Brentan » 10 Mar 2023 14:07

Surprising that hobbits don't have light-fingered. Gandolf certainly was convinced hobbits would make for good burglars.

BB

Snowrose
Rising Hero

Post by Snowrose » 12 Mar 2023 02:16

I want to start off with how much i love the trait system. i do have some ideas, if you want to tweek stuff i'm going to mostly focus on human and elf as that is what i have. and yes even as is do hard to choose only two!

love resilient!
love the herb one!
one humans have improved trading ect = more coin
and scavenger = more coin

maybe it would be cool to mix it up.
id think scavenger may be cool to allow for more leftovers maybe more gems(where applicable)
maybe even at tiny tiny improved chance of imbue if you want to make it comparable to the dwarf resistance or goblin increased crits. (not a big plus +1% or less) its very possible it already does this if so maybe change the desc to imply more than coins.

-as a newbie id probably do scavenger snd the trafing/appraise while training skills, (though if also increased leftover and or gems i may keep scavenger it is the mist exciting) but id probably swap out for resilience or the herb one later on.
-------------

the elf ones are very ranger specific, now I'm a ranger so thats great for me.
but im mainly disappointed elves did not get good memory, consider we go 20 years like it was 2 days, while this may seem a useless trait to some very in theme for elves.

not sure how useful light-footed would be to most. do many guilds track other than the obvious ones? maybe datamine this one. Id also data-mine the very guild specific skillsets. maybe alter it if noone takes it.

idea for the semi darkvision trait, if we want to keep it mundane darkness maybe let it also improve magical darkvision slightly when using item specificly for magical darkness. (bandana/imbues) as they need less light to function.

i'll probably take both the skill based ones for my elf.
as i have access to a horse, dark vision (archers), if the name one was avail id consider that

just thoughts in case you wanted to tweak some of the weaker ones to be comparable to other traits. or swap out options.

Riva
Apprentice

Post by Riva » 12 Mar 2023 06:19

I love the system overall. Since I'm currently an elf those are the ones that I noticed most. I am curious about the decisions though. Elves have always been the magic focused race yet I'm noticing none of the elf passive abilities seem geared toward magic users at all. They all seem to focus on the ranger elf archetype without any really geared toward the robe-wearing wizard kind of elf or the praying cleric-elf. I'm not saying it should be changed or even that it's bad. I'm just curious why it's the case.

All that said I think the passives are really good all around and I'm excited to getting to experience it soon!

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 12 Mar 2023 13:28

Riva wrote:
12 Mar 2023 06:19
Elves have always been the magic focused race yet I'm noticing none of the elf passive abilities seem geared toward magic users at all. They all seem to focus on the ranger elf archetype without any really geared toward the robe-wearing wizard kind of elf or the praying cleric-elf. I'm not saying it should be changed or even that it's bad. I'm just curious why it's the case.
Well, the idea was to not create specific caster races and melee races, like we have today. I wanted all races to be playable regardless if you are a melee player or a caster. So, no, the elf abilities aren't extra good for casters, but I don't think any other race is especially caster-focused (or melee focused) either? I think and hope all races have abilities that would fit both a caster and a melee player well.

TaranGoatWalker
Great Adventurer

Post by TaranGoatWalker » 13 Mar 2023 23:03

@snowrose
Imbues are created upon generation of enemy, not kill, alas.
Stabby stabby stab stab.

qwertheangmarim
Adventurer

Post by qwertheangmarim » 16 Mar 2023 17:59

Is there any sorta explanation for why my mortal improve dropped (vc to legend -> fc to legend), or is it a bug? It was vc yesterday, I should add, post changes
WOOH LETS GO!!!!! :P

Budwise
Veteran

Post by Budwise » 16 Mar 2023 20:26

ooops nevermind

TaranGoatWalker
Great Adventurer

Post by TaranGoatWalker » 17 Mar 2023 00:44

qwertheangmarim wrote:
16 Mar 2023 17:59
Is there any sorta explanation for why my mortal improve dropped (vc to legend -> fc to legend), or is it a bug? It was vc yesterday, I should add, post changes
Did you use the thaumaturgist?
Statavg changes when you do so.
T
Stabby stabby stab stab.

qwertheangmarim
Adventurer

Post by qwertheangmarim » 17 Mar 2023 04:13

Budwise wrote:
16 Mar 2023 20:26
ooops nevermind
... yea lol