Crowd control

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Quantum
Adept

Re: Crowd control

Post by Quantum » 24 Apr 2023 23:50

It sounds like a lot of people really dont want the return of stuns or slows. So why implement it?

stryder
Novice

Post by stryder » 25 Apr 2023 19:41

I'm in favor of bringing them back, the most vocal are not always the majority.

Dakhor
Apprentice

Post by Dakhor » 25 Apr 2023 21:23

Quantum wrote:
24 Apr 2023 23:50
It sounds like a lot of people really dont want the return of stuns or slows. So why implement it?
Game is Dead without it... Dead!

Those who wish to expand the cesspool of RP bathing in Sybarus to the rest of the realms can bloody well do it without me.

/DaC

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 26 Apr 2023 04:20

Dakhor wrote:
25 Apr 2023 21:23
Quantum wrote:
24 Apr 2023 23:50
Game is Dead without it... Dead!

Those who wish to expand the cesspool of RP bathing in Sybarus to the rest of the realms can bloody well do it without me.

/DaC
You forgot robot grinding :o

Drazson
Titan

Post by Drazson » 26 Apr 2023 08:10

As long as they enhance an already existing pvp feature, I'm good. If they are kill-buttons assuming you win the statcheck, no thanks.

Moghiadin
Greenhorne

Post by Moghiadin » 27 Apr 2023 14:09

I am for re-enabling PvP abilities.
If the balancing efforts the last couple of years have been successful, I see no reason not to just to flip the switch? Or have we grown soft?

Lowering the penalty for a PvP death would be counterproductive; the griefers would also have less to lose and the bar for becoming a griefer lowered.
However, the latest changes to damage done last fall makes recovery a lot more painful, unless it has been changed lately, lowering that by roughly the same percent damage was lowered would be enough.

Reworking abilities can be made as we go along.

All in my humble opinion ofc.

Quantum
Adept

Post by Quantum » 28 Apr 2023 00:55

You mention that unless we get pvp stuns back, being a griefer will be easier? Do we actually have that many griefers currently active, now that they can't kill people?

Moghiadin
Greenhorne

Post by Moghiadin » 28 Apr 2023 08:08

Quantum wrote:
28 Apr 2023 00:55
You mention that unless we get pvp stuns back, being a griefer will be easier? Do we actually have that many griefers currently active, now that they can't kill people?
Heya, you misunderstood me and I was a bit unclear. I got the feeling some expect to be attacked as soon PvP abilities are re-enabled and that one solution might be to lower death penalties in PvP, but I think that would also lower the bar for attacking someone, which would lead to more attacks.

While one might have thought disabling PvP abilities would increase kill stealing and general disrespectful behaviour, I have not really experienced it, except maybe more bold killing in player protected areas.

I do not want PvP abilities enabled for any other reason than to get back the thrill of PvP, which is the major reasons to why I play Genesis.

Budwise
Veteran

Post by Budwise » 28 Apr 2023 08:56

I still feel talking about PvP abilities as if PvP is disabled is a bit misleading.

You can, to my knowledge, still attack killstealers and people in general.
So PvP is fine. Stun, which gives the player possessing that ability an edge
(or unfair advantage if you will) is what we are discussing.

I still think it will just make griefers happy. They play for this and do not fight fair anyway.
It is all about getting kills and ruining other peoples fun as the past have shown
with random opportunistic attacks on idle or small players.

I do not enjoy this and since I'm not a grinding robot getting killed and having to regain stats
will take me a looong time even with reduced death penalty. Rather demotivating.
Still not in favour. Not that anyone probably listens. :) Hribbit!

Rache
Adventurer

Post by Rache » 28 Apr 2023 12:48

So quickly people forget that most of the best PVPers are currently in a guild that while being designed for PVP, has certain limitations on their ability to engage. The switch won't get flipped and suddenly everyone goes on a rampage. What it will mean, however, is that the danger and thrill of PVP will be back and the admin will be happy so that mortals can police themselves once more.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/