Crowd control

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
TaranGoatWalker
Great Adventurer

Re: Crowd control

Post by TaranGoatWalker » 28 Apr 2023 22:22

Budwise wrote:
28 Apr 2023 08:56
I still feel talking about PvP abilities as if PvP is disabled is a bit misleading.

You can, to my knowledge, still attack killstealers and people in general.
Well yes, but it's virtually impossible to actually kill someone attentive. Only attack :P
Stabby stabby stab stab.

qwertheangmarim
Adventurer

Post by qwertheangmarim » 28 Apr 2023 23:52

TaranGoatWalker wrote:
28 Apr 2023 22:22
Well yes, but it's virtually impossible to actually kill someone attentive. Only attack :P
*says the person who killed an ogre*
WOOH LETS GO!!!!! :P

Budwise
Veteran

Post by Budwise » 29 Apr 2023 08:36

TaranGoatWalker wrote:
Budwise wrote:
28 Apr 2023 08:56
I still feel talking about PvP abilities as if PvP is disabled is a bit misleading.

You can, to my knowledge, still attack killstealers and people in general.
So you just want the "I Win"-button, is what you are saying? ;)
Well, you can't have it! It's mine!!! Mine, I tell ya!

TaranGoatWalker
Great Adventurer

Post by TaranGoatWalker » 29 Apr 2023 08:57

qwertheangmarim wrote:
28 Apr 2023 23:52
TaranGoatWalker wrote:
*says the person who killed an ogre*
Yes, I did kill and afk ogre 3 sizes smaller than me.
Stabby stabby stab stab.

qwertheangmarim
Adventurer

Post by qwertheangmarim » 29 Apr 2023 18:59

TaranGoatWalker wrote:
29 Apr 2023 08:57
Wow I'm really that forgettable :P
I was larger
and not afk

Quantum
Adept

Post by Quantum » 29 Apr 2023 22:48

Rache wrote:
28 Apr 2023 12:48
So quickly people forget that most of the best PVPers are currently in a guild that while being designed for PVP, has certain limitations on their ability to engage. The switch won't get flipped and suddenly everyone goes on a rampage. What it will mean, however, is that the danger and thrill of PVP will be back and the admin will be happy so that mortals can police themselves once more.
There we have it. Vampires want to be Genesis Police and scare everyone once they can cling to us again? Please tell me I misunderstood that. No really, I really hope that is not what you meant.

Again - a lot of people do NOT want pvp. Make pvp zones where people who like it can go and play, and let the rest of us trot around the rest of Genesis without being part of it?

I don't see the problem in making pvp and non-pvp zones. It really just means that those who want to "police" and pvp can go there with other people who like pvp. And people who do not like it get to stay out of it.

Experience over the last 30'ish years has shown that 99% of all pvp is people who like pvp versus people who do not.

People who are prepared for pvp versus people who play the game for other things and are idle or not prepared.

Honestly, jumping afk players is not pvp.

If you want to police, go to a pvp flagged grinding area and you can do whatever you want?

Quantum DarDragon

qwertheangmarim
Adventurer

Post by qwertheangmarim » 30 Apr 2023 04:48

Quantum wrote:
29 Apr 2023 22:48
There we have it. Vampires want to be Genesis Police and scare everyone once they can cling to us again? Please tell me I misunderstood that. No really, I really hope that is not what you meant.
Can't be sure, but I'd suspect they meant FK, given that it's the PVP guild and vampires... aren't.

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 30 Apr 2023 06:06

Quantum wrote:
29 Apr 2023 22:48
Rache wrote:
28 Apr 2023 12:48
So quickly people forget that most of the best PVPers are currently in a guild that while being designed for PVP, has certain limitations on their ability to engage. The switch won't get flipped and suddenly everyone goes on a rampage. What it will mean, however, is that the danger and thrill of PVP will be back and the admin will be happy so that mortals can police themselves once more.

Again - a lot of people do NOT want pvp. Make pvp zones where people who like it can go and play, and let the rest of us trot around the rest of Genesis without being part of it?

I don't see the problem in making pvp and non-pvp zones. It really just means that those who want to "police" and pvp can go there with other people who like pvp. And people who do not like it get to stay out of it.

Experience over the last 30'ish years has shown that 99% of all pvp is people who like pvp versus people who do not.

People who are prepared for pvp versus people who play the game for other things and are idle or not prepared.

Honestly, jumping afk players is not pvp.

If you want to police, go to a pvp flagged grinding area and you can do whatever you want?

Quantum DarDragon
I agree, flag all grindingspots pvp and make it 100% free regardless of guild :) Will clear the bots out in a week

Drazson
Titan

Post by Drazson » 30 Apr 2023 09:21

You can already attack them. If they are afkbots (which I assume is your problem) you will get them without any crowd control :)

What I understand from the conversation is that people want the -certainty- that their target will not flee while they statcheck them to death.

All that in a PvE game, as it has been established by the players with scores of npcs killed daily for 30 years while in at least the latest 13 or so of those years player deaths to pvp are top news since it basically N E V E R happens (let's discount sparkle rats yeah?). Hell, we nod at eachother while grinding and if someone doesn't have a good enough pathing routine to skip the room when others are already grinding there that's all the contention there is.

I think it would be reasonable to drop the death penalty a bit, see how people respond (attacking people more freely without worrying about the recover tallies AS much). If people get into PvP I think we can go back to talking about CC more, and do it more collectively and being more realistically informed about it.
Last edited by Drazson on 30 Apr 2023 09:44, edited 1 time in total.

TaranGoatWalker
Great Adventurer

Post by TaranGoatWalker » 30 Apr 2023 09:40

qwertheangmarim wrote:
29 Apr 2023 18:59
TaranGoatWalker wrote:
29 Apr 2023 08:57
Wow I'm really that forgettable :P
I was larger
and not afk
I killed you? O.o
Stabby stabby stab stab.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/