Crowd control

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Mirandus
Site Admin

Re: Crowd control

Post by Mirandus » 12 May 2023 03:35

This is quickly getting off-topic.

I see folks attacking people, not arguments, so let's step back, stop insulting folks, and focus on the discussion at hand.

Quantum
Adept

Post by Quantum » 24 May 2023 00:13

I really don't like how I get my post edited but others do not. Mine was not worse than what came before it. I merely replied to their "attacks" or "opinions". If you're going to moderate this forum, please keep everyone to the same standard.

Mirandus
Site Admin

Post by Mirandus » 24 May 2023 22:36

I, sadly, do not have time to review every post here.

I try to read as much as I can. The "other posts" you refer to, I do not know which ones you mean. I look at posts that users report and see what I think.

If posts are problematic from your perspective, by all means, report them so I, and the other moderators, can review them.

But let us not get into "whataboutism"s.

Quantum
Adept

Post by Quantum » 31 May 2023 16:00

The "i do not read all posts" answer seems like a quick way to reject all responsibility. But lets test it.

I would like to report the previous two pages of posts before mine. There are personal attacks in them. Please moderate.

TaranGoatWalker
Great Adventurer

Post by TaranGoatWalker » 31 May 2023 18:32

Quantum wrote:
31 May 2023 16:00
The "i do not read all posts" answer seems like a quick way to reject all responsibility. But lets test it.

I would like to report the previous two pages of posts before mine. There are personal attacks in them. Please moderate.
You should be able to press the "!" above the offending posts to report them to the admins.

Unless of course you want to report them to the general population of the forums. What you did works fine for that ;)
Stabby stabby stab stab.

Mirandus
Site Admin

Post by Mirandus » 31 May 2023 18:58

Quantum wrote:
31 May 2023 16:00

Please use the report feature so the offending posts can be identified.

I will remind you that the forum rules include - Using common sense and being respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.

Someone reported your post. I had an issue with some of what you wrote, so I removed it. If you feel issues with other posts, report them, and they will be reviewed.

It's not an excuse or lack of taking responsibility. I have two kids, a full-time job, AoP and coding duties. I do not read every post here.

Snowrose
Rising Hero

Post by Snowrose » 02 Jun 2023 10:53

obviously much of what i'm gonna say has been said before, if i repeat what you said its cause i liked your idea. I am trying to stick to original topic and not single out specific groups.

problems with crowd control
•no-one likes to be stun locked
•its very very hard to balance
•you often can create unhitable classes
•its often either to difficult or to easy to use.
--------
there should be a time after an attempted stun/block/slow/controlled is done that they cannot be controlled again for x amount of time. at least not in the same way and or by the same person.

for every control ability there should be a universal counter similar to how high dis gives spell protection, and high con lets you soak damage, dex improves damage evade maybe different stats gives control evasion, depending on what type of control it is. like i can see maybe str being a good counter for block. cause you can bust right through, wisdom could be a good counter for some mind controls or traps. con maybe good against slows like caltrops.

skills that lots of guilds have access to
like parry/defense/acrobatics
or spellcraft/awareness/ find and remove trap
could play a part.

another option is to add control defences to layman classes (and occlayman) giving a bit more strategy to your layman choices. this may also give some nonmagic laymen a bit more bang, like Blademasters or militia, and evil equivalents if they can counter non magic control,

lots of careful watching and willingness to change is needed for balence
-------------------

problems with pvp
•risk vs reward is not worth it.
• its often higher pcs picking on lower pcs
•its hard to gain exp back
•typically your not good at it unless you GOOD at it.

------------------

there could be a ranking system with perks that you go up and down on depending on how many "worthy" opponents you kill (near your size, near your rank)

im not sure if this will work in gen but a lot of games
have less penalty for pvp death than pve deaths.
specifically if you died to someone much higher.
so if a myth kills a vet the vet gets no death penalty
and the myth gets no reward. but if a legend kills a myth, much reward, maybe half penalty of pve for the poor myth (not counting loss of pride)

an arena or dual type mechanic for practice, noone actually dies. so people can get used to pvp before pvp.

TaranGoatWalker
Great Adventurer

Post by TaranGoatWalker » 02 Jun 2023 14:10

Quick thing, CC != stun on actions, more a movement stun.
Stabby stabby stab stab.

Snowrose
Rising Hero

Post by Snowrose » 02 Jun 2023 15:02

Just to clerify i was using the term crowd control kind of as a general term including stuns/slows/blocks etc. sorry if i used it improperly, but my post was referring to both cc AND full combat stuns. hope this clarifies at least my post.

Ckrik
Wizard

Post by Ckrik » 02 Jun 2023 16:36

Snowrose wrote:
02 Jun 2023 10:53
problems with pvp
•risk vs reward is not worth it.
• its often higher pcs picking on lower pcs
•its hard to gain exp back
We will address these 3 issues well before we turn crowd control back on. We want people to be more adventurous in both PvE and PvP situations so adjusting the game economics is a prerequisite to bring back crowd control. The general sense we have is that the downside to any risky situation has gotten too steep and now gets in the way of exploration and experimentation.

Crowd control is a very deep and touchy subject so airing out concerns and oversights early is necessary, so keep the objective feedback flowing. We are still very far away from bringing any of it back.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/