Newbie Pins

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.

Should we extend when newbies lose their pins?

Yes, Rising Hero sounds more accurate
36%
No, it's good where it's at
64%
Yes but... (comment below?)
No votes

Total votes: 22

qwertheangmarim
Adept

Re: Newbie Pins

Post by qwertheangmarim » 09 May 2023 13:48

TaranGoatWalker wrote:
08 May 2023 22:20
Sure. Which you really should by veteran. And if you don't... make friends!
Dunno about you, but till I was like... RH I mostly had friends closer to my own size (mostly), and that was mostly coz I immediately started trying to join player run guilds, many start with mercs/sohm/glads at vet, leaving them lacking in myth friends.
WOOH LETS GO!!!!! :P

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 16 May 2023 15:42

qwertheangmarim wrote:
08 May 2023 05:03
I think, personally, that newbies lose their pins too early, people are hitting rising hero in a matter of weeks or even days, myth a scarce few months later, I think there's room for a little more time as a newbie, asking for help coz ain't no way they don't need it
Hmm? Are you really saying TRUE newbies (not alts) who never tried the game before are hitting rising hero in days/weeks, and myth in just a few months? I find that very unlikely. In my experience it takes quite a lot of time for newbies to hit rising hero, and it's quite unusual for a new player to hit myth within a YEAR of playing.

But sure, if you as a true newbie meet a myth team who drags you around for a few days, maybe they could hit rising hero in a few days. Unless the extreme brute will stop that from happening, though. Not sure. Either way, I doubt it's common for myth teams to find true newbies and bump them up to RH in a matter of days tho? Unless we have a group of experienced players who has decided to boost every newbie they can see or something? What makes you believe this is the speed true newbies grow? You're gonna need to provide some more evidence for this claim I think :)

Budwise
Veteran

Post by Budwise » 16 May 2023 17:47

We have an applicant that claimed new to vet in four days.
Dunno if it was a tall tale or someone familiar with game in another incarnation.

TheAlgean
Novice

Post by TheAlgean » 16 May 2023 21:23

Yeah but they are using quest guides to do specifically all the high experience reward quests and getting help from other players for hunts and money. They have also played for almost 5 days straight... I think they are just more dedicated than most of us and genuinely enjoy questing.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/