The problem with "half"

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
TaranGoatWalker
Great Adventurer

Re: The problem with "half"

Post by TaranGoatWalker » 24 May 2023 08:00

Quantum wrote:
24 May 2023 00:19
Another problem is that combat is now somewhat boring. It used to be that you actually had to watch fights, now you can go take a nap, make some coffee and the rat your fighting on the docks is still alive and laughing at your damage output.

I rather liked the changes to white hits that made everything more dangerous and somewhat interesting.

And as Nils pointed out, you cut damage in half, but guilds that focus on healing didn't loose anything? So healing guilds suddenly had a much easier time fighting through things. Seems unfair. Cut healing and regeneration in half?
Did they not already do this, when they lowered damage?
Stabby stabby stab stab.

Drazson
Titan

Post by Drazson » 24 May 2023 08:25

Yes, by my estimation healing went down about 50% as well.

On Quantum's note, if you wanted the game to challenge you maybe you shouldn't have outgrown it so outrageously.

Quantum
Adept

Post by Quantum » 24 May 2023 12:29

When I see people healing 3-4 health levels it does not seem lowered.

qwertheangmarim
Adventurer

Post by qwertheangmarim » 24 May 2023 12:48

I'm with Quantum here, especially with goodies getting more healer options, and self heal being so bloody strong in grinding and gear fights
And the old thing of goodies get heals where evils get damage is *especially* interesting when the highest damaging guild in the realms is goody (calians) followed by nuetrals (SoHM, WoHS, SU), and then *finally* by DAs, and that's assuming monks don't out damage DAs, which they very well might.
Heck, as a pirate ogre, if DAs don't go max offensive I out damage, or match damage, some of them
Anyways back to my point... nerf heal more, buff DAs (and ofc AA, there's no reasonable way you can expect people to grind to myth in any normal time frame with a single 1h weapon, but that's a different story)
WOOH LETS GO!!!!! :P

Drazson
Titan

Post by Drazson » 24 May 2023 15:17

Quantum wrote:
24 May 2023 12:29
When I see people healing 3-4 health levels it does not seem lowered.
What people are those who heal so much in layman healing guilds? I've only recieved 1-2 levels of healing from
- oots
- heralds
- minstrels
Heck, I'd add some Occupationals there who do even worse than the laymans with their healing but lets not get ahead of ourselves.

qwertheangmarim
Adventurer

Post by qwertheangmarim » 24 May 2023 16:09

Drazson wrote:
24 May 2023 15:17
What people are those who heal so much in layman healing guilds? I've only recieved 1-2 levels of healing from
- oots
- heralds
- minstrels
Heck, I'd add some Occupationals there who do even worse than the laymans with their healing but lets not get ahead of ourselves.
Are you an ogre being healed by vets without enhancers?
Quantums talking about people who know what they're doing (using top tier enhancers, like grimoire, wands, etc.) healing people likely about their size, or close to it

qwertheangmarim
Adventurer

Post by qwertheangmarim » 24 May 2023 16:17

Drazson wrote:
24 May 2023 15:17
- oots
- heralds
- minstrels
I've been oots, even low ranked oots heal with low grade enhancers (such as holy blade) and pure fighter stats healing larger evil gobbos (back after heal nerf but before race changed, when stuff like that mattered more), I had a *minimum* of 2, usually 3, if I were healing goodie elves? No problem, 4 if they were about my size (titan at the time), and easily healing noobs (wanderer/adventurer) from very hurt to fw or fvw

Drazson
Titan

Post by Drazson » 24 May 2023 16:23

qwertheangmarim wrote:
24 May 2023 16:09
Are you an ogre being healed by vets without enhancers?
Quantums talking about people who know what they're doing (using top tier enhancers, like grimoire, wands, etc.) healing people likely about their size, or close to it
I am almost at legend with myth+ healing me. With enhancers, yes. Was your experience recent as well?

Edit: I've personally been oots, holy+ for years upon years, even stats so not low mentals or something weird, I heal myself ~1.75 levels, as I described what the experience is for me above.

Others used grimoires, I've used the book as well. Sceptre too at some point but mostly the book.

Not sure what's up with all that :)

qwertheangmarim
Adventurer

Post by qwertheangmarim » 24 May 2023 16:28

Drazson wrote:
24 May 2023 16:23
I am almost at legend with myth+ healing me. With enhancers, yes. Was your experience recent as well?

Edit: I've personally been oots, holy+ for years upon years, even stats so not low mentals or something weird, I heal myself ~1.75 levels, as I described what the experience is for me above.

Not sure what's up with all that :)
Fairly recent, yes, and with Exosphere of late she does solid, tho as she's noted, it's harder to heal me than most myths and she still gets 2 levels every single time, and she's a minstrel, not even oots. I don't hang around many oots, given the whole... evil ogre gig, but I imagine if I spent some time in krougs they'd do even better than her

Drazson
Titan

Post by Drazson » 24 May 2023 17:02

A warlock is healing me right this second being very careful about their enhancers and I see the same 1.75. They went twice for one level even, which means even less.

Maybe casters with focused mentals are exceedingly better than the rest of us, at least comapred to the past. Mentals scaling! Would make sense.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/