Everything in One Place

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Euphoria
Beginner

Everything in One Place

Post by Euphoria » 21 Jan 2024 21:02

Suggestions:
> It is too dark to get things.

Dark & Light
When in darkness, players can open packs and retrieve things from packs and purses. It just takes a few seconds.
Current system: > It is too dark to get things.
My Proposal:
>Open pack
You fumble in the darkness attempting to open your brown backpack.
- 3 seconds later -
You manage to open your brown backpack.
>get torch from backpack
You fumble in the darkness attempting to get an item from your brown backpack.
- 3 seconds later -
You manage to get a torch from your brown backpack.

Balancing Caster and Melee Laymans:
Add either a rescue ability or a move behind ability to each melee layman.
Thieves, Tricksters, Archers - Move behind (make a teammate tank for you)
AA, Pirates, Monks, Saurian, Minotaurs, Shielf bearers, Templars - Taunt (draw attacks to you)
Raiders, Blademasters, Thornlin - Move behind the tank
*These new abilities don't make you stronger, but they make you better in a team. Increased teaming.
(I know Knights and Calians have these abilities already)

Improved War Rewards:
1000 Steel Coins - Enourmous Armoured Worg (Same as Throtyl Worg but with a bit of armour, some emotes)
- Grand War Elk (Same as horse but with a bit of extra health, some emotes)
750 Steel Coins - Socketed War Amulet (One Triangular Gem Socket)
500 Steel Coins - Socketed War Band (One Teardrop-shaped Gem Socket)
300 Steel Coins - Ensign for your Army to use (Only people in your army can use it)
200 Steel Coins - Custom themed messener for your army.
Change gloves and greaves to only cover arms / legs respectively
Allow converting gems same way imbuement stones are done (3 to 1)

TaranGoatWalker
Great Adventurer

Re: Everything in One Place

Post by TaranGoatWalker » 21 Jan 2024 23:10

3 water breathing for 1 haste?

Perfectly balanced, as all things should be.
Stabby stabby stab stab.

Euphoria
Beginner

Post by Euphoria » 21 Jan 2024 23:18

Yes, thank you Taran Goat Walker for the well thought out constructive criticism.

It's nice to know the suggestion is perfect and supported by the entire player base.

TaranGoatWalker
Great Adventurer

Post by TaranGoatWalker » 21 Jan 2024 23:28

The rest sounds very cool. And I really like. That little bit just worries me; the warplain economy is based around the incredible pain it is to get the good gems, I feel. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Stabby stabby stab stab.

Euphoria
Beginner

Post by Euphoria » 21 Jan 2024 23:45

Maybe 3 to 1 is too generous, maybe 9 to 1 is better? Maybe 5 to 1 for dragon heads? Some conversion like imbuements have though.

TaranGoatWalker
Great Adventurer

Post by TaranGoatWalker » 21 Jan 2024 23:56

Anyone have data on distribution of crap to useful wargems?
Stabby stabby stab stab.

Arman
Wizard

Post by Arman » 22 Jan 2024 01:00

Some nice ideas Euphoria. With the steel-purchased mounts, why would you need them with more health/armour? Is that just more a cosmetic thing than a practical thing?

When I created the warfare gem system, one idea i was thinking of adding as part of a 'phase two' was a gem trader in Palanthas who would allow you to offload warfare gems and trade for alternative gems... but only to the army members that won the previous war.

And rather than a set trade-in value, I was thinking of having it scaling based on demand. The more certain types of gems are traded in, the lower the trade-for price.

But i never got to phase 2.
Last edited by Arman on 22 Jan 2024 02:25, edited 1 time in total.

Euphoria
Beginner

Post by Euphoria » 22 Jan 2024 01:20

Mount Health is not a constraint for players, but they do take damage, particularly from burning plains. Players might attack your mount too. I don't think the upgraded mount is a game changer, but why not make it ever so slightly beefier? Mostly it should be a status symbol, but there should be a subtle edge over something a player canjust slap down 100 platinum for.

War gems pile up, particularly the ones that you personally don't need. A converting system would solve that. 3 to 1 might be too cheap, (as pointed out by the Taran Goat Walker) but I really think they should be able to be converted. I don't think these things should be tied to winning the war because it could be a very long time before someone supporting an army gets a win in the war. There should definately be rewards for winning, but don't want to demotivate people who just want to participate a little but don't have a chance to win against the big guilds grinding in big teams. Plus, converting is probably an easier to implement solution (I'm guessing) than a complex system for only the war victors which has a demand induced pricing solution.

Drazson
Titan

Post by Drazson » 26 Jan 2024 00:11

Those sound nice, darkness and plains ideas!

Quantum
Adept

Post by Quantum » 27 Jan 2024 19:50

As a balanced voice for the entire player base I do like these ideas from the original poster. Sounds like a good idea.

3 to 1 in gems isn't bad...because it still requires you to wear certain pieces of armour to use them. They don't last forever etc etc.

The only missing part was for Theros to make ogre sized armours so we can also use the gems :)

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/