Remove NPC-healing for all?

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Budwise
Veteran

Remove NPC-healing for all?

Post by Budwise » 25 Apr 2024 09:00

Why is this even a thing when mostly used to grief or killsteal? Remove it for all players?

Hektor
Veteran

Re: Remove NPC-healing for all?

Post by Hektor » 25 Apr 2024 11:22

I couldnt disagree more. I want the possibility to be able to defend my guildNPCs with the guild abilities I am given. Should we remove swarming when youre assisting Krom? ;) (I know this is over the top for the sake of the argument :) )
Lawful evil - conform or die.

Budwise
Veteran

Post by Budwise » 25 Apr 2024 11:25

That's noble combat and not sneaky spellcasting. ;) Or limit it to guild-npcs in that case.
Instead of people healing npc's because they want to kill them and can't wait their turn.

Combine it with invis and running in and out and it becomes rather unbalanced.
(Unless you ask a wiz of course. ;) )

TaranGoatWalker
Great Adventurer

Post by TaranGoatWalker » 25 Apr 2024 15:05

Would you prefer it if those healing the nazzy attacked you instead? That's maybe a good alternative.
Stabby stabby stab stab.

Budwise
Veteran

Post by Budwise » 25 Apr 2024 17:15

TaranGoatWalker wrote:
25 Apr 2024 15:05
Would you prefer it if those healing the nazzy attacked you instead? That's maybe a good alternative.
Well, we attacked them so hardly makes much difference.
Also do you have a horse in this race or are you just being a pest?

qwertheangmarim
Adept

Post by qwertheangmarim » 25 Apr 2024 17:47

I totally 100% support this
This is practically griefing, and it totally destroys the joys of easily getting the most overpowered item in the game :x

And in that note, if healing is removed for NPCs, I'd like rescue to not be usable on NPCs either! In fact, abilities should no longer be usable on NPCs at all. None of them.

Ya, I'm looking at you, OotS heal-smiters, knuggets healing on plains, you know who you are... trolls

This is obviously not my actual opinion... so what, the fight to get an FBB is an actual struggle for Mithril Lance folks, big whoop. Y'all get so many anyways, you can handle a minor inconvenience and a <l00% success rate. If you're going after Nazzie not expecting a pfight, that's on you. That'd be like me getting pissy that Aalez defended knight NPCs on plains, heaven forbid
WOOH LETS GO!!!!! :P

Budwise
Veteran

Post by Budwise » 25 Apr 2024 17:54

qwertheangmarim wrote:
25 Apr 2024 17:47
Thank you. ;) Selective quoting for the win.

qwertheangmarim
Adept

Post by qwertheangmarim » 25 Apr 2024 17:56

Budwise wrote:
25 Apr 2024 17:54
qwertheangmarim wrote:
Thank you. ;) Selective quoting for the win.
You're always welcome :lol:

TaranGoatWalker
Great Adventurer

Post by TaranGoatWalker » 25 Apr 2024 18:04

qwertheangmarim wrote:
This is practically griefing, and it totally destroys the joys of easily getting the most overpowered item in the game :x

And in that note, if healing is removed for NPCs, I'd like rescue to not be usable on NPCs either! In fact, abilities should no longer be usable on NPCs at all. None of them.

Ya, I'm looking at you, OotS heal-smiters, knuggets healing on plains, you know who you are... trolls

This is obviously not my actual opinion... so what, the fight to get an FBB is an actual struggle for Mithril Lance folks, big whoop. Y'all get so many anyways, you can handle a minor inconvenience and a <l00% success rate. If you're going after Nazzie not expecting a pfight, that's on you. That'd be like me getting pissy that Aalez defended knight NPCs on plains, heaven forbid
I think we should just turn pvp off.
Stabby stabby stab stab.

qwertheangmarim
Adept

Post by qwertheangmarim » 25 Apr 2024 18:31

TaranGoatWalker wrote:
25 Apr 2024 18:04
I think we should just turn pvp off.
*/s

Tone indicators are important when saying something so short and simple. Your words aren't exactly dripping with sarcasm, so it ain't obvious you're joking

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/