alignment question

Need help with quests? Maybe just some advice on which guilds to choose? This is the forum for you. Note that you must be a validated player to view this forum. (Note: Quest help should come in the form of helpful suggestions/hints, but not direct solutions/walkthrough info.)
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Bromen
Champion

alignment question

Post by Bromen » 09 Apr 2010 22:30

Is there a cap on how holy and how damned you can be? Or does it keep going until you kill something that opposes your current alignment?

-b

gorboth
Site Admin

Re: alignment question

Post by gorboth » 10 Apr 2010 02:16

There is indeed a point at which you no longer increase the depth of your evil or the height of your good. I remember there used to be a few ways to get around this. Mercade tightened the system a bit about 14 years ago when Denbarra found a weapon that allowed him to skip over the cap on evil. The conversation went something like this:

Mercade tells you: You are evil!
Denbarra replies: I know.
Mercade tells you: No, truly, you are more evil than Sauron himself!
Denbarra replies: I know!
Mercade tells you: How did this happen?
Denbarra replies: A legion of elves could answer your question, if I had not melted the fat from their bones.

Etc etc ... I miss Denbarra.

In any case, Mercade tightened the code after that so now it shouldn't be possible to exceed the borders of the alignment spectrum.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/