Shields

A place to discuss all the ins and outs of equipment in the Genesis Donut. Warning: Spoilers may be included. Only validated game players will see this forum.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Davvol
Veteran

Re: Shields

Post by Davvol » 01 Jul 2010 18:33

I have another opinion. Why not boost two weapons+parry+two handed combat combo? Make parry better with two weapons and good two handed combat skill. It will help Glads, BDA, Mecs and SU and make shield less valuable for them.

Draugor

Post by Draugor » 01 Jul 2010 19:40

Davvol wrote:I have another opinion. Why not boost two weapons+parry+two handed combat combo? Make parry better with two weapons and good two handed combat skill. It will help Glads, BDA, Mecs and SU and make shield less valuable for them.

Also make one handers hurt less than 2 handers so that in order to get the same damage you almost MUST have 2 one handers, instead of as now the most damaging weapons in the game are 1 handers

Rhaegar
Legend

Post by Rhaegar » 01 Jul 2010 20:00

Draugor wrote:
Davvol wrote:I have another opinion. Why not boost two weapons+parry+two handed combat combo? Make parry better with two weapons and good two handed combat skill. It will help Glads, BDA, Mecs and SU and make shield less valuable for them.

Also make one handers hurt less than 2 handers so that in order to get the same damage you almost MUST have 2 one handers, instead of as now the most damaging weapons in the game are 1 handers
Yes, I find it pretty ridiculous that the hit/pen caps are the same for all weapon types. There should be a limit set to reflect it better.

Example:

Let's assume 50/50 (accuracy/damage) being our standard cap, for typical one-handed weapons.

Daggers could have it set to 70/30.
Two-handed weapons could get it to 40/70.
Axes could be 40/60 and swords 60/40.

Stuff like that.
I fear no evil for I am fear incarnate.

Davvol
Veteran

Post by Davvol » 01 Jul 2010 20:21

Based on my "statistics" it's already like this
E.g one handed axe is 40/40, two handed - 55/50 or even 57/35/.
I'm talking about combination of parry and 2 weapons. Just make parry working the same way like damage.
Parry skill * 2 * two handed skill / 100 in a case of 2 weapons and just parry skill in case of one weapon.
So, with sup guru parry and sup guru two handed 2 weapons will give double parry comparing to 1 weapon

Tive
Rising Hero

Post by Tive » 01 Jul 2010 20:23

Rhaegar wrote:
Draugor wrote:

Yes, I find it pretty ridiculous that the hit/pen caps are the same for all weapon types. There should be a limit set to reflect it better.

Example:

Let's assume 50/50 (accuracy/damage) being our standard cap, for typical one-handed weapons.

Daggers could have it set to 70/30.
Two-handed weapons could get it to 40/70.
Axes could be 40/60 and swords 60/40.

Stuff like that.
Man, how do you know all this stuff. Amazing.

Can I touch you? :o

Davvol
Veteran

Post by Davvol » 01 Jul 2010 20:31

Tive wrote: Man, how do you know all this stuff. Amazing.

Can I touch you? :o
Ask him to sign postcard :)

Rhynox
Titan

Post by Rhynox » 01 Jul 2010 20:46

It is kind of what happens with forged items. Originally there were two restrictions regarding weapons: two handed daggers and one handed halberds could not exist. Therefore, the damage done by halberds would always be larger than the damage done by any other weapon, and the damage done by daggers would always be lower than the damage done by any other weapon.

Now the restriction doesn't exist anymore (apparently). Daggers like the charred teeth get the highest smith appraisal levels, which would be they have better penetration and handling than most of the axes and clubs in Genesis. At the same time, there are one handed halberds that act much like clubs (kind of like the giant black maul) for all matters except damage type.

The "ranking" for weapons should be polearm, axe, sword, club, knife, with polearm giving best damage and less handling, knife the best handling and least damage, and sword being the average weapon. Missile weapons are hard to classify, since they don't work like others (although it looks like they favour penetration, so they would be in the polearm-sword range).

Not sure how parry works with two weapons, I doubt it just duplicates if you have two of them, but such a boost would be really useful for guilds that use two weapons at the same time (like knights and gladiators). I also agree that some one hand weapons doing such damage as two handed weapons (or two weapons) is insane. I remember when the mithril-bladed battleaxe was the best weapon in Genesis because of the insane damage it does for 3kgs, but nowadays there are swords and clubs that do that much damage and are one handed ones. It is also true that most of the new weapons introduced are one handed, and that two-handed weapons require a balance because they now look pretty weak compared to new weapons. Unfortunately most of the neidars are shieldbearers, so we cannot use two handed weapons. But even if we could, there is no way we would use a two handed weapon since they usually do not enough damage.

Davvol
Veteran

Post by Davvol » 01 Jul 2010 21:04

2Rhynox: But what about FBB and Megrula's swrod? AFAIK. they was best one in realms and both 2-handed. I probably missed a lot of new EQ in last 2-3 years

Rhynox
Titan

Post by Rhynox » 01 Jul 2010 21:18

I am not a sword wielder, so I can't really say. But the Mergula sword doesn't seem anything special for a two handed sword (the pure and the foul ones from the Avatar appraise better and have better effects, the jet-war from Verminaard/Kitiara got a huge team attack, etc). The Nazgul one is nice (fought a few who were wielding it) but it is kind of risky to be seen with one. It looks as if it doesn't dull (calians didn't have it sharpened while we teamed). Not sure if there are many who would trade a JBS or a runie for a two handed sword, though.

Earth
Great Adventurer

Post by Earth » 01 Jul 2010 21:21

Rhynox wrote:I am not a sword wielder, so I can't really say. But the Mergula sword doesn't seem anything special for a two handed sword (the pure and the foul ones from the Avatar appraise better and have better effects, the jet-war from Verminaard/Kitiara got a huge team attack, etc). The Nazgul one is nice (fought a few who were wielding it) but it is kind of risky to be seen with one. It looks as if it doesn't dull (calians didn't have it sharpened while we teamed). Not sure if there are many who would trade a JBS or a runie for a two handed sword, though.
Knights sometimes use two handed weapons, especially when we aren't tanking.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/