DENIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A picture is worth a thousand words. And a log of thousands of words is worthy of being shared. Share your stories and experiences here.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Re: DENIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 23 Jun 2010 12:05

Tive wrote:Maybe he is just a boss npc ?:P doesnt he usually drop cool gear too?
Unknown, he hasn't been killed since the upgrade service pack. :lol:
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

Irk
Rising Hero

Post by Irk » 23 Jun 2010 13:14

Tarax I was killed after that even few times ;)

Rhaegar
Legend

Post by Rhaegar » 23 Jun 2010 13:37

Well, the only thing you could do better there, was setting up a trap that's not indoors. The dragon would have helped a bit (don't think it would change the outcome, but lowering Irk's defensive skills and occasional lightning could probably make him escape with a level or two of health less).
I fear no evil for I am fear incarnate.

Alorrana
Myth

Post by Alorrana » 23 Jun 2010 13:58

Last edited by Alorrana on 31 Aug 2010 11:48, edited 1 time in total.
I’m not a complete idiot. Some pieces are missing.

Creed

Post by Creed » 23 Jun 2010 14:18

Irk probably have 50-70% more con than you do.
Even if you are legend.

On top of that are all the defensive bonuses.
It all adds up.

But I agree that it does seem crazy that he can withstand such a pounding, from som many people, and not go further down than he does.

So perhaps the wizzes should look a bit closer at that log, and see if they overdid the neidar to become a bit too good tanks.

Irk
Rising Hero

Post by Irk » 23 Jun 2010 14:34

Alorrana show me someone who has at least comparable str and con to mine, even Xar has lower. That should let you think a bit, why I didnt ended at Lars after 15-20s of tanking all of you.
plus i got full set of armours (maybe not the best, but good), 2 shiny rings and before fight with Tarax I drunk special potion :)
AA is hiting head and it were well covered with black skull, DA doesnt have big firepower, MM didnt do much dmg in this fight and ogres were for stomping me and do little dmg.

However that shows how strong were vamps, where solo Freya could kill me and survive me and Calian, and I had better eq.

Sharn
Expert

Post by Sharn » 23 Jun 2010 15:08

Ilrahil wrote: I do apologize to Bomrim who we saw after we killed him soon after. He said "It could be much worse" after we told him what he walked into.
How could it be worse?
Ilrahil wrote: Unfortunate for him that he happened to be a dwarf when that was a target.
Bofur was already fighting Irk and I am sure Bofur was aware who was he fighting.
Bomrim came and Bofur attacked Bomrim.

I do not believe you intentionally killed Bomrim.

You did not check who do you attack. It is very easy to check that Bomrim is very small and gladiator and I am sure all of know how to check it.

But you just do not care who do you kill.

Like I said, kill first, find reasons later.

Creed

Post by Creed » 23 Jun 2010 15:42

Perhaps Bofur had just made a trigger..

dwarf arrives = kill dwarf

To make sure he didn't miss it in all the spam.
Who knows..

Sharn
Expert

Post by Sharn » 23 Jun 2010 15:50

Creed wrote:Perhaps Bofur had just made a trigger..

dwarf arrives = kill dwarf

To make sure he didn't miss it in all the spam.
Who knows..
Lets hope he removed it already, but it could have been much worse, couldnt it?

Hektor
Veteran

Post by Hektor » 23 Jun 2010 17:51

Since I was not there, and the log doesn't show everything it is hard to comment. But it is an interesting debate so...

It does seem wrong that Irk could leave (block bugging when stomp is added to it and the teammembers stuck in block) - of course they should stack, I can only see this as a bug. I have lost more than one pfight, and also died to, bugs like these - it really gets the blood boiling, but it happens in a free labour non-commercial game, and I find it under those circumstances and considering just how old and how many little things x individuals have done over Y years in a widely distributed code set up like Genesis that we are actually blessed with very few bugs and errors, and they tend to be corrected.

Would I find it a bit extreme for Irk to survive those 20 seconds had I been apart of the assasination team (even given the obvious blunders they make?) Yes absolutely. I remember having a rising hero Morgul Mage stomped for 15 seconds, surviving me (the OP crazy scop guild ruining Genesis), a gladiator/mino charging and goring away and a couple of sledgehammers to the face. I was not entirely pleased with that either - so I hear your frustration.

One thing is taking the trap indoors (not getting the massive fear effect from x dragons) another is the shooting at Bomrim (how many specials were wasted on Bomrim rather than Irk on that? - just 2 would make a difference), theres an odd use of weaponry in some cases it _seems_, another and to me most importantly (ofc I don't know the mage in question, so I am speculating) is that the spells Ilrahil mention I disagree with are not the best pvp tools for the mage in question in this particular fight. Had it been the right spell twice, Irk would have been dead, even if he had left considering his health.

As for Bomrim getting killed - sometimes people get caught in the crossfire. It happens, especially with large teams and the blood is pumping. Is it right? is it honourable? is it great? No. But it happens. It does serve as a reminder though that "let he who is innocent throw the first stone...".
Lawful evil - conform or die.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/