DENIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A picture is worth a thousand words. And a log of thousands of words is worthy of being shared. Share your stories and experiences here.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Ilrahil

Re: DENIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Ilrahil » 23 Jun 2010 18:31

Irk wrote:Alorrana show me someone who has at least comparable str and con to mine, even Xar has lower. That should let you think a bit, why I didnt ended at Lars after 15-20s of tanking all of you.
plus i got full set of armours (maybe not the best, but good), 2 shiny rings and before fight with Tarax I drunk special potion :)
AA is hiting head and it were well covered with black skull, DA doesnt have big firepower, MM didnt do much dmg in this fight and ogres were for stomping me and do little dmg.

However that shows how strong were vamps, where solo Freya could kill me and survive me and Calian, and I had better eq.
The only flaw in this statement I'd like to ask how you know is... What wizard is giving you statistics that you know that your con and str are higher than Xar? Compare is a crappy thing to rely on to be dead set on that.

Oh well couldn't resist the little pun. For once its nice to have a bug or something happen to a different faction of the game. Makes it seem like you aren't holier than thou.

Here's my beef plain and simple. Tarax = Legend, Freya/Nalfein/Bofur = Myth, Ilrahil/Bale = Champion, and Someone = titan + (saying mortal level would give it away.) All of us hitting Irk who's a myth. Now he's a very large myth yes and he is in a guild that specializes in tanking. but no one should be able to survive that. If you think so then I think you are ignorant.

My other Beef at this point. Is Sharn shut the fuck up. We apologized to Bomrim, you really think that we intentionally killed a newbie dwarf? When we first started the fight I didn't even know he was in the room or I was engaged with him until I saw him die... and I'm sitting there thinking to myself who the hell is that dwarf... that's not Irk. It happens, he happened to walk into a room where a trap was laid 2 seconds after the target did. They happened to be the same race, and in the conflict and with the spam of 7 people attacking someone, you start to miss a few things.

Irk
Rising Hero

Post by Irk » 23 Jun 2010 19:06

compare is good enough to say I am higher or lower than someone. Everytime I meet Xar I compare stats, thats how I know.

If you hit me 5-8s more I would be dead. Luck was with me and I managed to ran away.

After 3 kiss gem and fails I went LD.

Ilrahil

Post by Ilrahil » 23 Jun 2010 19:12

Correction... A bug allowed you to run away.

Earth
Great Adventurer

Post by Earth » 23 Jun 2010 19:15

Ilrahil wrote: Here's my beef plain and simple. Tarax = Legend, Freya/Nalfein/Bofur = Myth, Ilrahil/Bale = Champion, and Someone = titan + (saying mortal level would give it away.) All of us hitting Irk who's a myth. Now he's a very large myth yes and he is in a guild that specializes in tanking. but no one should be able to survive that. If you think so then I think you are ignorant.
Ilrahil, one or two more rounds of combat would have taken him down. If the quake really did stop him, he would have died. He was just a lucky bastard this time. If Mistress Randomness would have leaned even a little in another direction, then, even without the quake he would have been dead as a doornail.

If first you don't succeed...

Ilrahil

Post by Ilrahil » 23 Jun 2010 19:18

Try and succeed, Rinse, Repeat process.

fulgrim
Apprentice

Post by fulgrim » 23 Jun 2010 20:14

Hmmm...

Looks like you had fun planning that trap, but that veteran dying... Big oops.
If Genesis is going to have a big influx of real newbies like Gorboth seems to be hoping for, you can't have a veteran teaming with some oldie and then all of a sudden five immortal giants and a lich spewing acid gas and shooting death rays out of his eyes storm in and kill him by "mistake". Well, at least not too often. I'm not talking about this situation as such, just in general. Its not a very encouraging way of dying.
I know the ambushing team probably didn't know he was there. I also have a hard time believing those players would go after a veteran dwarf alone.
Bottom line is- it sucks to be collateral damage.

Also- how do you know Irk got away because of a bug?
You can just spam your way out of block sometimes, for instance.

It was an entertaining log to read!
But how could you let him get away, Tarax!?
Melkor says (grandmother voice): "I'm very disappointed in you, Tarax."
;)

Ilrahil

Post by Ilrahil » 23 Jun 2010 20:19

Fulgrim in regards to the question about the bug...

There was an ogre earthquake happening. I do not know how much you know about them, but they block EVERYONE including the one who triggered it from leaving the room. Somehow block and ogrestomp went incompatible for Irk only and he was able to leave before the earthquake was over... When our team tried following him we were still held by the stomp.

As to the newbie yes I agree. Just a series of unfortunate events for him that led to him being killed. How fast he died I honestly didn't even know he was in the room till it was over

Greywolf
Adventurer

Post by Greywolf » 23 Jun 2010 21:04

Sorry this is not on topic but honestly - there is something wrong with the game if a veteran is considered a newbie. :roll:

Ilrahil

Post by Ilrahil » 23 Jun 2010 21:13

Greywolf wrote:Sorry this is not on topic but honestly - there is something wrong with the game if a veteran is considered a newbie. :roll:
Hear Hear!!!!!!!!!

Bromen
Champion

Post by Bromen » 23 Jun 2010 21:20

hektor wrote: No. But it happens. It does serve as a reminder though that "let he who is innocent throw the first stone...".
*throws a stone.*

lol

personally I put the cap on newbie at great adventurer. I'd be more than happy to help the poor dwarf recover. I love teaming with dwarves!

-b

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/