Block + Ogre Quake Interaction

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
cotillion
Site Admin

Re: Block + Ogre Quake Interaction

Post by cotillion » 23 Jun 2010 21:07

You used to be able to get pkills without all these fancy blocks.
What happened to all that skill?

Ilrahil

Post by Ilrahil » 23 Jun 2010 21:11

Recodes came out, Players got absolutely beyond retarded huge, and fights took hours and days of planning in order to set a trap.

Bromen
Champion

Post by Bromen » 23 Jun 2010 21:12

you nerfed caltrops.

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 23 Jun 2010 21:14

Baaah suck it up.
You didnt get the kill.. so what?
History of genesis is FULL of people who got cheated for kills they "should have had" and that died of bugs and AoP told them to suck it up.

People say the so called goodies whine?
Well heres to you so called Evils.. you whine just as much :)

What you do now is.. Go back to basics.. Plan a new ambush and execute it.. And /rince and repeat until you succeed.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Earth
Great Adventurer

Post by Earth » 23 Jun 2010 21:30

I do dislike the way that block is coded, but it does have some advantages. I'm just presuming that most of you haven't figured out exactly what those are, and how to use them effectively.

The brute force way that was displayed is one way of using the skill, but there are other more subtle ways of the using the same skill to get a different but still desireable result in a PvP fight.

It's now a matter of how strong or how effective your one skill or ability works, but how use can use the skills or abilities in combination against another combination of skills or abilities to win.

The strategy to PvP a neidar would be different from the one used against a MM.

Lindros

Post by Lindros » 23 Jun 2010 22:57

cotillion wrote:You used to be able to get pkills without all these fancy blocks.

I would say, reasons are many.

One being that the game evolved just as Ilrahil said, everyone is huge these days and with guild abilities/skills that makes it close to impossible to kill someone unless you find them idle/unarmoured.

What I would like to see is block/stomp to be fixed, Irk getting away just shows that someone missed something in the code, log looks kinda funny, Irk being the target of block&stomps runs off and you have 5-6 people trying to run after him but cannot due to earthquake.

Also this fight made it quite clear that a cooldown to enter peace rooms after combat is needed, why it was not added when cooldowns were addded to gemming/dragons etc I do not know, but its clear that it is needed.

Not to mention that while the feature in Sparkle church to get rested is nice, one would think that it should perhaps be limited to smaller people who actually need it, that a myth uses it to restore fatigue from spells and combat and then runs off and linkdies just shows that there's a flaw in the system.

But congrats to Irk who managed to get away, even though it took

* a bug in earthquake/block
* a lack of cooldown for entering peacerooms
* sparkle church's new feature to restore fatigue(one would think that getting this while poisoned is a joke though), I think you should not be able to enter a peace room while poisoned.

Lets just hope wizards will look into the flaws that has been obvious here and make some changes, then perhaps the next time Irk will not be able to get away...

Makfly
Champion

Post by Makfly » 23 Jun 2010 22:57

cotillion wrote:You used to be able to get pkills without all these fancy blocks.
Ships got recoded. :0)

...and the other things mentioned by Ilrahil and Bromen.
Mortimor Makfly - Gnomish Xeno-Anthropologist

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 24 Jun 2010 10:32

Makfly wrote:
Ships got recoded. :0)

...and the other things mentioned by Ilrahil and Bromen.
They got you there Cot... :P
Way to show your hip with the kids..
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

Tive
Rising Hero

Post by Tive » 24 Jun 2010 10:37

dont forget the basket in Kabal :((

Mersereau
Champion

Post by Mersereau » 24 Jun 2010 18:42

People got lazy.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die."
-Mel Brooks

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/