Block + Ogre Quake Interaction

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Irk
Rising Hero

Re: Block + Ogre Quake Interaction

Post by Irk » 29 Jun 2010 17:27

pure ogres :roll:

Rhynox
Titan

Post by Rhynox » 29 Jun 2010 19:54

I still think earthquake is too powerful, and that all specials should reset after it (especially other blocks to give an opportunity to flee).

Draugor

Post by Draugor » 30 Jun 2010 00:02

Rhynox wrote:I still think earthquake is too powerful, and that all specials should reset after it (especially other blocks to give an opportunity to flee).

Then lets reset the battlerage with every chop :P

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 30 Jun 2010 10:37

Rhynox wrote:I still think earthquake is too powerful, and that all specials should reset after it (especially other blocks to give an opportunity to flee).
Your opinion is rather biased, plus likely out of date..
Grumpy today..
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

Lindros

Post by Lindros » 30 Jun 2010 13:32

If this means ogrestomp+ block cant be combined, then I for one hope that Knight block+ General block cannot be combined either.

Otherwise this is just a big "screw you" to any ogre out there.

Lets not forget, wizards allready nerfed ogrestomp immensely, stacking it with 6 ogres wouldn't give you more than 1 min block at most, while 2-3 knights and 1-2 general blockers would block you for way longer than 1 minute.

Just does not make sense to me, I think ogrestomp needs to stack diffrently, as it is now its a joke.

Earth
Great Adventurer

Post by Earth » 30 Jun 2010 18:14

Lindros wrote:If this means ogrestomp+ block cant be combined, then I for one hope that Knight block+ General block cannot be combined either.
Lindros, knight block IS general block, we can just train the skill higher.

Irk
Rising Hero

Post by Irk » 30 Jun 2010 18:21

and it wont keep player longer than ogre stomp and what more even GA ogre can keep me long without any preparation

Ilrahil

Post by Ilrahil » 30 Jun 2010 18:27

Well keeping a player... I've been held by Chade and Poet when I was nearly the same size as one of them, and not hugely smaller than the other for almost 35 seconds. I still don't like the way block was re-introduced so I just try to avoid running into it on a knight as much as possible.

But I do see the concern where such a small ogre can hold a player for a decent time... but wouldn't it just be easy to kill said small ogre and then leave? I'm sure you'd survive.

Irk
Rising Hero

Post by Irk » 30 Jun 2010 18:30

just like Earth said, it is global block with higher (80 levels) skill, so if there is more players blocking than is harder to get out. The same with ogre, if there is more ogres than keeping player in room is longer (one stomp ends another starts), easy.

Rhynox
Titan

Post by Rhynox » 30 Jun 2010 19:16

Tarax the Terrible wrote:Your opinion is rather biased, plus likely out of date..
Well, that is what Petros said, so not out of date, not biased.
Lindros wrote:If this means ogrestomp+ block cant be combined, then I for one hope that Knight block+ General block cannot be combined either.
Ogres can't train block for a reason, therefore the two blocks shouldn't work at the same time.
Lindros wrote:Lets not forget, wizards allready nerfed ogrestomp immensely, stacking it with 6 ogres wouldn't give you more than 1 min block at most, while 2-3 knights and 1-2 general blockers would block you for way longer than 1 minute.
That is balancing. The same was done first with stun, it is not possible to keep someone stunned for more than 45 seconds or so, even if you have 6 shieldbearers slamming you at all times. I doubt you could keep someone blocked for longer than a minute, however since knight block is professional, it could be possible (just as a professional plexus would stack more powerful than our slams).

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/