Search found 237 matches

by Windemere
21 Oct 2014 05:06
Forum: Game - Guilds
Topic: Neidar Clan
Replies: 52
Views: 15608

Re: Neidar Clan

Anyone can argue anything, does it mean it makes sense, is logical, or fits the RP of the race/guild? Not always. Genesis is full of inconsistencies, however, we are always expected to work within the framework that the Wizards who coded the guild have laid out. I do not believe that Neidar should b...
by Windemere
21 Oct 2014 03:48
Forum: Game - Guilds
Topic: Neidar Clan
Replies: 52
Views: 15608

Re: Neidar Clan

It's not the most annoying thing, actually :P And you are missing some components of the story. I'm not going to go into in public on the forum because some of it has to do with what you learn in seeking to be a member of the Elemental Worshippers and the Spirit Circle (but you should be able to fin...
by Windemere
20 Oct 2014 23:29
Forum: Game - Guilds
Topic: Neidar Clan
Replies: 52
Views: 15608

Re: Neidar Clan

we let Rangers become Necromancers. Aragon was one! was my point since Necros opened ... if Calians don't care for Gen-technical align outside of Calia (and they don't, as shown by many), why would Neidar care for Gen-technical align when dealing with guilds from outside Krynn? double standards is ...
by Windemere
20 Oct 2014 15:26
Forum: Game - Guilds
Topic: Neidar Clan
Replies: 52
Views: 15608

Re: Neidar Clan

Well, whether it makes sense for Monks to do it or not, they are able to because of being a truly neutral guild. AA could never be good, and so you'd have to let Neidar be able to use abilities at evil, which doesn't make sense. The RP for Neidar/AA also isn't there in my opinion. Though I suppose y...
by Windemere
20 Oct 2014 15:05
Forum: Game - Guilds
Topic: Neidar Clan
Replies: 52
Views: 15608

Re: Neidar Clan

Remember that guilds are coded along the basis of some sort of history/story. Yes there are other neutral guilds that can use their abilities when they are evil. They have that built into the story and it makes sense RP wise. In the case of Neidar it does not make sense based on who the Neidar clan ...
by Windemere
20 Oct 2014 02:19
Forum: Game - Guilds
Topic: Neidar Clan
Replies: 52
Views: 15608

Re: Neidar Clan

The Neidar can possible be consider neutral, but never evil. Dwarves follow a code of honor that places them on the good side of neutral in every fantasy realm unless they are "dark dwarves". The Neidar Dwarves are certainly not dark dwarves. It is not within the RP of a dwarf to be considered evil ...
by Windemere
19 Oct 2014 01:19
Forum: Suggestion Box
Topic: Let's Start Over
Replies: 23
Views: 5549

Re: Let's Start Over

Player wipe would result in the following: 90% of current players being upset and not wanting to start from scratch and leaving the game to do other things. 10% of players playing (remember 10% is 5 people-ish) and we end up with Demonsgate where those 5 uber script and wizards leave the game to slo...
by Windemere
18 Sep 2014 04:53
Forum: Suggestion Box
Topic: making quest solutions public!
Replies: 22
Views: 5488

Re: making quest solutions public!

Brute is a way of forcing people to quest. Why do we want to force them to do anything. Lets reward them for exploring, questing, roleplaying, rather than forcing them to do it and making it a "chore." We are also "forcing" people to randomly slaughter hundreds of thousands of mostly innocent NPCs ...
by Windemere
17 Sep 2014 15:12
Forum: Logs and Stories
Topic: Neidar honour
Replies: 5
Views: 3994

Re: Neidar honour

Why Neidars are good aligned guild? Shouldn't they be neutral? Neidar lean good. I don't know if a Knight would call them good, but I also don't know if a Knight would call a Qualinesti elf good. Good and Evil are pretty subjective and are typically based on the moral system of the particular race....
by Windemere
16 Sep 2014 21:57
Forum: Logs and Stories
Topic: Neidar honour
Replies: 5
Views: 3994

Re: Neidar honour

From my recollection of the War of the Lance, the Neidar weren't exactly as "involved" automatically as the Knights and the Dragonarmies. Saying that, the Thane and Elders of the Neidar should make his clansmen/women aware of the possibility of war and should likely determine with the Dragonarmies a...