List of align / racial restricted quests

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
User avatar
Mersereau
Champion
Posts: 551
Joined: 05 Mar 2010 01:05
Contact:

Re: List of align / racial restricted quests

Post by Mersereau » 19 Feb 2016 01:32

Kitriana wrote:Enemy status does not prevent someone from completing any quests in Sybarus.
If you can't figure out how to get around .. thats on you.
I just kill everything in my path.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die."
-Mel Brooks

User avatar
Berwyn
Veteran
Posts: 203
Joined: 02 Sep 2012 23:56
Location: Misty Mountains

Re: List of align / racial restricted quests

Post by Berwyn » 05 Sep 2017 19:19

#6. Help Tom Bombadil - awful, collecting flowers for dandy old Tom, however there are no restrictions and alas no Dark Lord's way of sorting it out.
"Tis but a scratch" - Black Knight, Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Draugor
Myth
Posts: 1771
Joined: 06 Mar 2012 00:14

Re: List of align / racial restricted quests

Post by Draugor » 05 Sep 2017 19:59

All in Rivendell (good)
All in minas tirith (good)
All in VK (good/not goblin)
Faerie in bazaar (good)
All in Minas morgul (evil)

I also think Isengaard (evil)
Helms deep (good)
Not 100% of the last two, I hate quests so I try to avoid em.

User avatar
nils
Veteran
Posts: 216
Joined: 22 Jul 2016 17:13

Re: List of align / racial restricted quests

Post by nils » 05 Sep 2017 20:20

Draugor wrote: Faerie in bazaar (good)
All in Minas morgul (evil)
Helms deep (good)
Faerie in Bazaar completed as undead (it will make you a little bit less evil).
Add "no elf" on minas morgul
Helms deep completed as undead.
Lesser guilds deserve their suffering, you feel unjustly nerfed and want to be restored to your rightful glory... huh. I guess you're Genesis Hitler then. It feels so sweet to say this.. Fuck you, Hitler.
-Drazson, 21.07.2019

Syrk
Rising Hero
Posts: 355
Joined: 06 Jul 2011 22:24

Re: List of align / racial restricted quests

Post by Syrk » 05 Sep 2017 22:44

Draugor wrote: I also think Isengaard (evil)
Helms deep (good)
Not 100% of the last two, I hate quests so I try to avoid em.
I also may be wrong as i did them some time ago but i think that:
- you can enter Isengaard if you conceal your features. It is easy and anyone can do it.
- you can enter Helms deep via a hidden entrance.

So i believe these two are not align restricted.

User avatar
Cherek
Site Admin
Posts: 2762
Joined: 04 Mar 2010 04:36

Re: List of align / racial restricted quests

Post by Cherek » 06 Sep 2017 11:32

Syrk wrote:
Draugor wrote: I also think Isengaard (evil)
Helms deep (good)
Not 100% of the last two, I hate quests so I try to avoid em.
I also may be wrong as i did them some time ago but i think that:
- you can enter Isengaard if you conceal your features. It is easy and anyone can do it.
- you can enter Helms deep via a hidden entrance.

So i believe these two are not align restricted.
Correct. Both are really good examples on how to make quests that are in good/evil areas align independent.

Kvator
Titan
Posts: 542
Joined: 02 Sep 2010 21:25

Re: List of align / racial restricted quests

Post by Kvator » 06 Sep 2017 11:39

2 quests from Kato (or what was his name) in Cadu - evil only

User avatar
Shanoga
Wizard
Posts: 166
Joined: 03 Mar 2014 13:03
Location: US West

Re: List of align / racial restricted quests

Post by Shanoga » 12 Sep 2017 01:12

If irrelevant, feel free to ignore but...
As a Monk, I am restricted from 2-3 quests that require the killing of a dragon. There is a small possibility that I can ask someone to kill it for me, but this is a big RP issue AND from what I understand, doing so would limit the amount of quest xp that is granted upon completion.
Again, I understand this guild-specific and not connected to alignment or race, but is there any way to work around something like this?

User avatar
Ckrik
Wizard
Posts: 57
Joined: 05 Mar 2015 03:18

Re: List of align / racial restricted quests

Post by Ckrik » 13 Sep 2017 17:47

Shanoga wrote:If irrelevant, feel free to ignore but...
As a Monk, I am restricted from 2-3 quests that require the killing of a dragon. There is a small possibility that I can ask someone to kill it for me, but this is a big RP issue AND from what I understand, doing so would limit the amount of quest xp that is granted upon completion.
Again, I understand this guild-specific and not connected to alignment or race, but is there any way to work around something like this?
I'm planning to put in a work around for this. It just hasn't made it to the top of the list of issues, but it's definitely high up in the priority queue.

User avatar
Shanoga
Wizard
Posts: 166
Joined: 03 Mar 2014 13:03
Location: US West

Re: List of align / racial restricted quests

Post by Shanoga » 14 Sep 2017 02:01

Ckrik wrote:
Shanoga wrote:If irrelevant, feel free to ignore but...
As a Monk, I am restricted from 2-3 quests that require the killing of a dragon. There is a small possibility that I can ask someone to kill it for me, but this is a big RP issue AND from what I understand, doing so would limit the amount of quest xp that is granted upon completion.
Again, I understand this guild-specific and not connected to alignment or race, but is there any way to work around something like this?
I'm planning to put in a work around for this. It just hasn't made it to the top of the list of issues, but it's definitely high up in the priority queue.
Awesome. Glad to know it is being looked at. Thanks for the update!

Post Reply
http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/