View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 22 Oct 2018 02:31

Forum rules


- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.



Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Uncle Trapspringer's Revenge!! 
Author Message
Myth

Joined: 06 Mar 2012 00:14
Posts: 1660
Ody wrote:
Lorewise Kender can't steal right? So what is the point of having a thief guild that can't steal and has to give everything back? I say cut the OCC kenders stealing stuff half and then make them a rogue-like fighting guild with lots of acrobatics and sneaky moves. I know it's too late for that though, the recode is finished, and good job, Carnak I just wanted to make the observation.



PRoblem is this, kenders are morons :P They forget they "borrow" shit and so it just ends up in their bags and soon they believe its theirs :P Problem is that most of the people joining them now will be doing it for the thievery


10 Jun 2017 17:39
Profile
Myth

Joined: 08 Mar 2010 19:50
Posts: 1354
Location: Kristiansund, Norway
Draugor wrote:
Ody wrote:
Lorewise Kender can't steal right? So what is the point of having a thief guild that can't steal and has to give everything back? I say cut the OCC kenders stealing stuff half and then make them a rogue-like fighting guild with lots of acrobatics and sneaky moves. I know it's too late for that though, the recode is finished, and good job, Carnak I just wanted to make the observation.



PRoblem is this, kenders are morons :P They forget they "borrow" shit and so it just ends up in their bags and soon they believe its theirs :P Problem is that most of the people joining them now will be doing it for the thievery



Imo Kender shouldn't be able to concioussly borrow things.
aka steal command shouldn't work for them and borrow shouldn't be a command you could type in.

_________________
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.


10 Jun 2017 18:17
Profile
Hero
User avatar

Joined: 18 Apr 2015 03:28
Posts: 386
Location: Vingaard Keep
Amberlee wrote:
Draugor wrote:
Ody wrote:
Lorewise Kender can't steal right? So what is the point of having a thief guild that can't steal and has to give everything back? I say cut the OCC kenders stealing stuff half and then make them a rogue-like fighting guild with lots of acrobatics and sneaky moves. I know it's too late for that though, the recode is finished, and good job, Carnak I just wanted to make the observation.



PRoblem is this, kenders are morons :P They forget they "borrow" shit and so it just ends up in their bags and soon they believe its theirs :P Problem is that most of the people joining them now will be doing it for the thievery



Imo Kender shouldn't be able to concioussly borrow things.
aka steal command shouldn't work for them and borrow shouldn't be a command you could type in.


That would be better lorewise. Though it would be best if it was a higher chance of success. Maybe if you only failed 1/4 of the time.

_________________
They denied that wealth could be printed, they denied that lunches were free;
They denied that Wishes were Horses; they denied that a Pig had Wings;
So we worshipped the Gods of of the Market Who promised these beautiful things.


10 Jun 2017 18:37
Profile
Titan

Joined: 02 Sep 2010 21:25
Posts: 466
'borrow' should have close to 100% chance of success - but should work automatically only


11 Jun 2017 03:13
Profile
Myth

Joined: 06 Mar 2012 00:14
Posts: 1660
Kvator wrote:
'borrow' should have close to 100% chance of success - but should work automatically only



Aye, only like sup guru awareness should be able to spot it tbh, they are after all, softpawed little buggers


11 Jun 2017 20:30
Profile
Greenhorne

Joined: 17 Apr 2015 20:22
Posts: 6
I keep hearing how fun this entrance quest is. Can it be done by non-Kender? How about if you are a Kender but in another Occ guild?


16 Jun 2017 17:20
Profile
Site Admin

Joined: 17 Feb 2015 22:43
Posts: 93
Big races are clumsy,

They drop stuff ALL the time. Kender catch it, because they are nimble and awesome, and usually the big person has left before they realize it's gone.

In Kender lore, there is no property. No sense of ownership and nothing "belongs" to anyone. This means that they can't "steal" because nothing belongs to you. They know you are using it, so they'll borrow it.

Mirandus


16 Jun 2017 20:59
Profile
Myth
User avatar

Joined: 09 Mar 2010 20:33
Posts: 1331
Location: UK
Kill every kender u catch borrowing anything.
It may be no property and all butterfly's and candy in Warped Kender land.
But those paws touch an orcs possessions they aren't getting a pass.

_________________
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)


16 Jun 2017 22:06
Profile
Titan

Joined: 02 Sep 2010 21:25
Posts: 466
Cherek wrote:
If it's discovered kenders, despite the recode, still needs a boost.


Okie - after playing some after the recode I've finally discovered...

they do!

:D


24 Jan 2018 15:30
Profile
Great Adventurer

Joined: 04 Jun 2010 23:37
Posts: 152
Sorry for resurrecting this topic, but... SS is still pretty useless ;-)

It seems that the recode was a failure, since it didnt attract any new players to the guild. As far as I know there is 1 active SS kender. And like I mentioned before he's very fun to team with, but provides almost no dps support and can't tank.

In his recent post Carnak mentioned that thieves should be able to defeat magic users, just like magic users own warriors. However, this is not the case at the moment in Genesis.

So, how about making SS able to 'disrupt' a casting mage? A kender would flail his hands wildly, jump and down while screaming incoherently, make funny faces, try to mimic a mage, tie the shoelaces of his boots together, helpfully add some weird ingridients to his spell components pouch, etc. This way a mage would fumble a spell. Consider this a way of stunning mages. And perhaps if the kender's mentals are significantly higher than the mage's, 'disrupt' would cause the mage to totally forget the spell he was casting.

This way a kender would be a very useful addition to a team and keep aggressive magic users at bay. Even MM would try to stay away from those pesky kenders ;)


24 Jan 2018 15:33
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software.