Mages on recoded balance

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Dread
Great Adventurer
Posts: 188
Joined: 12 Mar 2010 23:53

Re: Mages on recoded balance

Post by Dread » 30 Oct 2016 22:01

Arman wrote:
Dread wrote:You want some irony to ponder?

What happened to the last OP guild?
Which one was the last one? Khiraa? Vampires? Vampyrs? Mystics? Death Knights (not sure they opened)?
As far as I am aware, the newest iteration of the Vamps was the last OP guild. Perhaps I am mistaken, but this was the intent of my comment.

Dread
Great Adventurer
Posts: 188
Joined: 12 Mar 2010 23:53

Re: Mages on recoded balance

Post by Dread » 30 Oct 2016 22:02

gorboth wrote:Little known fact, and certainly one that shouldn't continue to be shrouded by past omissions:

Dread was the very first Morgul Mage. Not Denabrra, and not me. :-)

G.
*sniff* The good ole days...

Thanks Gorboth.

Draugor
Myth
Posts: 1785
Joined: 06 Mar 2012 00:14

Re: Mages on recoded balance

Post by Draugor » 31 Oct 2016 06:28

Dread wrote:
Arman wrote:
Dread wrote:You want some irony to ponder?

What happened to the last OP guild?
Which one was the last one? Khiraa? Vampires? Vampyrs? Mystics? Death Knights (not sure they opened)?
As far as I am aware, the newest iteration of the Vamps was the last OP guild. Perhaps I am mistaken, but this was the intent of my comment.

A few nerfs and tweaks got them destroyed tho after they killed a few select chars :P But yea, the original version was pretty fucked up.

User avatar
Arman
Wizard
Posts: 607
Joined: 22 Sep 2014 13:15

Re: Mages on recoded balance

Post by Arman » 31 Oct 2016 13:45

Dread wrote:
Arman wrote:
Dread wrote:You want some irony to ponder?

What happened to the last OP guild?
Which one was the last one? Khiraa? Vampires? Vampyrs? Mystics? Death Knights (not sure they opened)?
As far as I am aware, the newest iteration of the Vamps was the last OP guild. Perhaps I am mistaken, but this was the intent of my comment.
I think the vamps have opened and closed about three or four times now? The last iteration opened and closed within the period i was AWOL from Genesis. I think it even had the Bloodguards!

Dread
Great Adventurer
Posts: 188
Joined: 12 Mar 2010 23:53

Re: Mages on recoded balance

Post by Dread » 31 Oct 2016 16:05

Draugor wrote:A few nerfs and tweaks got them destroyed tho after they killed a few select chars :P But yea, the original version was pretty fucked up.
I cannot speak from experience as I was not a member of that coven, but that is what I heard. My coven was 20+ ish years ago, and I miss it a lot, we had a great time. We also, however, were OP.

A good thing we don't deal as harshly anymore with what we find OP, or is it... heh.

User avatar
Zhar
Wizard
Posts: 875
Joined: 17 Apr 2012 12:09

Re: Mages on recoded balance

Post by Zhar » 01 Nov 2016 13:16

Arman wrote:Death Knights (not sure they opened)?
Technically, you could make some minor changes to the Khiraa Death Knight branch (cosmetics and a bit of balancing) and you could have a nice army of Lord Soth ;)
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.

User avatar
Avatar
Titan
Posts: 453
Joined: 10 Mar 2010 05:52
Location: Denmark

Re: Mages on recoded balance

Post by Avatar » 01 Nov 2016 14:04

Arman wrote:
I think the vamps have opened and closed about three or four times now? The last iteration opened and closed within the period i was AWOL from Genesis. I think it even had the Bloodguards!
Yeah, I were a member of the bloodguards during their last appearance in the world. I loved it. Never did manage to join the vamp ranks. I werent elitist enough :(
Angmar! ANGMAR!! ANGMAR!!!
Pulp Znuga! PULP!!!!

Freya
Beginner
Posts: 23
Joined: 16 Dec 2014 22:07

Re: Mages on recoded balance

Post by Freya » 12 Dec 2016 22:07

Avatar wrote:
Arman wrote:
I think the vamps have opened and closed about three or four times now? The last iteration opened and closed within the period i was AWOL from Genesis. I think it even had the Bloodguards!
Yeah, I were a member of the bloodguards during their last appearance in the world. I loved it. Never did manage to join the vamp ranks. I werent elitist enough :(

Elitist enough huh?
Vamps took in a lot of diffrent players in the last version, in total we were 20-25 vampires or so, all taken up from the ranks of Bloodguards.

As for being overpowered, well depends what guild you compared us to, against ScoP and MM, we were all three pretty evenly matched, game knowledge and streetsmarts gave vamps the upper hand.

As for the nerf, the guild members asked for wizards to close down the guild rather than keep nerfing it, last straw was when global sunlight was introduced and an ancient vamp died within 60 secs of sunlight, not much fun when you spend 50% of your gaming melded into the earth not being able to play the game.

Post Reply
http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/