View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 20 Jan 2018 05:19

Forum rules

- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
feature idea 
Expert

Hi there

A good thing would be, if you were able to click on the magic map, and speed-walk to the location.

I canĀ“t find anyone suggestion it before, so i thought i would throw it up. I have no idea on how much work it would be, but better give useless ideas than give no ideas. :-)

Good luck, and thanks for the work so far.

02 Jan 2016 13:38
I wouldn't mind this, I get lost easy, even in text beaded mud. Lol...

03 Jan 2016 03:31
Great Adventurer

idk wouldnt it ruin the whole roleplay-thing we have going on here? Wouldnt it ruin some quests if we could easily find our way back? i mean sometimes the waiting for boats frustrates me a bit, but then again it makes it more 'real' to me ;)

i do make triggers for paths i walk often

03 Jan 2016 22:14
Could make it rp friendly like new magic or tech recently discovered or invented.

Maybe we discover a new realm with teleport technology, and we buy a teleport system that lets of save and return two points.

Like warp and mark in elder scrolls morrowind.

04 Jan 2016 03:20
Expert

Mystina wrote:
Could make it rp friendly like new magic or tech recently discovered or invented.

Maybe we discover a new realm with teleport technology, and we buy a teleport system that lets of save and return two points.

Like warp and mark in elder scrolls morrowind.

That suggestion, i feel, would be wrong. There are already various types of teleportation in game, and very limited.
gold bezie wrote:
idk wouldnt it ruin the whole roleplay-thing we have going on here? Wouldnt it ruin some quests if we could easily find our way back? i mean sometimes the waiting for boats frustrates me a bit, but then again it makes it more 'real' to me ;)

i do make triggers for paths i walk often

Not for me. If i press 9(NE) 5 times, or i click on the map and it sends me 5 times NE does the same for me. :-)

04 Jan 2016 10:43
Great Adventurer

Not for me. If i press 9(NE) 5 times, or i click on the map and it sends me 5 times NE does the same for me. :-)[/quote]

yeah you have a good point there...

04 Jan 2016 21:32
Wanderer

Alisa wrote:
if you were able to click on the magic map, and speed-walk to the location.

This is a really decent suggestion. It's something that's already available in many of the non-browser-based mud clients, so I don't see how other people would belly ache about it not being RP-friendly considering it's widely available elsewhere. It'd require some definite reworking of the map system though considering right now it throws the client a text-based map without buttons or really too much indication of where all of the possible locations are (This might get tricky for hidden locations unless the server keeps a list of all locations the player has been). It'd be easy enough I think to add in submit buttons with some sort of fastwalk command to a given room id. It's thoroughly doable.

16 Jan 2016 07:17
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]