PvP

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Amberlee
Myth

Re: PvP

Post by Amberlee » 30 Mar 2011 18:07

Ilrahil wrote:If you do this I'm totally going for the ancient sea dragon :D

Count me in!!

Score to settle :twisted:
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 02 Apr 2011 15:35

gorboth wrote:Actually, I've always intended to do this at some point - partially as a way to see how players would adapt to such an extreme. It would be fascinating. :-)

G.
Lets do it! It could be the easter event instead of the usual egg-one! (not that I mind that one, but something different would be fun).

Davvol
Veteran

Post by Davvol » 04 Apr 2011 22:13

Back to topic. I'm for PvP, and specially if it's RP based PvP. Yes, i m for war. Between Takhisis faction and Niggets with Stunites. Between Rangers, Militia and MM with AA. But current gamedesign makes PvP useless. It's almost impossible to kill someone of your size one at one. Even with global block, what sucks a lot. I think we should add more global PvP abilities, to make it working.

Alexi
Veteran

Post by Alexi » 04 Apr 2011 22:25

Davvol wrote:Back to topic. I'm for PvP, and specially if it's RP based PvP. Yes, i m for war. Between Takhisis faction and Niggets with Stunites. Between Rangers, Militia and MM with AA. But current gamedesign makes PvP useless. It's almost impossible to kill someone of your size one at one. Even with global block, what sucks a lot. I think we should add more global PvP abilities, to make it working.
Well how about forcing PVP to stay in RP? All guilds would get PVP abilities WITHIN their respected domain, and ONLY against their RP-Enemies.

Outside of the realm those abilities disappear, and are non-usable.

So a DragonArmy member could call down his dragon within Krynn, get the ability to cast dfear with him and freeze a Knight/Neidar, and dragon attack, but outside of Krynn that becomes null. A Knight would be able to block a DragonArmy/POT member within Krynn, outside of it the PVP ability doesn't function.

Davvol
Veteran

Post by Davvol » 04 Apr 2011 22:37

comparing dfear and dswoop/dbreath with block in terms of PvP, thats bullshit. I do more damage with layman ToT then with attack from dragon. So, we need the way to stop ppl fleeing in PvP. Or increase damage. And this should be faction-domain specific.

Draugor

Post by Draugor » 04 Apr 2011 22:48

Davvol wrote:comparing dfear and dswoop/dbreath with block in terms of PvP, thats bullshit. I do more damage with layman ToT then with attack from dragon. So, we need the way to stop ppl fleeing in PvP. Or increase damage. And this should be faction-domain specific.

THats what he was suggesting :P Able to freeze with dfear, as in cant move cant do shit.

Alexi
Veteran

Post by Alexi » 04 Apr 2011 23:12

Draugor wrote:
Davvol wrote:comparing dfear and dswoop/dbreath with block in terms of PvP, thats bullshit. I do more damage with layman ToT then with attack from dragon. So, we need the way to stop ppl fleeing in PvP. Or increase damage. And this should be faction-domain specific.

THats what he was suggesting :P Able to freeze with dfear, as in cant move cant do shit.

Some people read what they want to see, and not read what was written.

Booger
Veteran

Post by Booger » 04 Apr 2011 23:20

Not sure how this would work - might be awful... but how about something like this:

Wars are declared and accepted officially. A guild leader can declare war on target guild. That guild's leader(s) can either accept or decline. If accepted, war is official until peace has been offered and accepted, or one guild surrenders.

Furthermore, no member of a guild can flee from a fight against a player belonging to a guild he is at war with.
If this is too nasty, allow fleeing as usual, but the guild connected to the fleeing person will, if battle is not reinitiated within 5 minutes, lose some "points" to the other guild (depending on the combatants' level difference)

Points can be used either as a way of calculating automatic war victory (a guild losing too many points to an enemy guild will automatically surrender to that guild), or be used in some kind of punishing way (eg, if a guild/player loses too many points, _then_ the guild members/player can no longer flee from a fight).

Finally, to boost the interest for PvP, any guild losing a war will pay some kind of taxes to the winning guild. I'd suggest 2% higher xp tax on the losing guild and 2% lower tax on the winner (probably best to just add the % tax to the loser guild and put that extra taxed xp in a special slot that is then pushed out to the winner guild's members in some clever way, so winning over a small/inactive guild will give a low boost, while winning over a big active one can give a great boost).
Peace treaties can be offered either as "no taxes", "take this peace offer and you will only pay 1% tax to us" or "please take this peace offer and we'll pay you 1% tax".
Peace must last at least 1 month, before war can be declared again. Once war is declared, taxes between those guilds are removed.
And declining a war should also cost something. Maybe 1% tax? Or count as a full surrender? You could also issue threats: Give us 1% tax or we will declare war on you.

Finally, since this would (hopefully) make it a lot more interesting to have wars between guilds and fights... perhaps the punishment for dying against an enemy guild member could be reduced? The major punishment will be if you lose the war.

I know this is not a perfect, flawless plan. But might be possible to improve, to make something that could actually work? Just making wars official could open ways for many possibilities. Maybe?
Booger/Cindy/Enigma

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 05 Apr 2011 00:45

I think those are really nice ideas Booger.

Need some details and some more thought perhaps, but I for sure would find such a system really fun I think.

I would vote for some more "fun" rewards/punishments for winning/losing a war though. Tax is pretty boring...

How about skills? Winning guild get skills from losing guild? Or a statboost for all members (they are so confident after winning the war they fight better for a time). Or items? Perhaps Takhisis grants gifts to her winning army? or the people of Solamnia? Or whatever fits the guild's theme.

Strider
Adept

Post by Strider » 05 Apr 2011 01:03

If guild war is so great, why does it need to be rewarded?

If less popular guilds are punished for loosing a war, wouldn't this simply compound the issue?

If guild balance is one of the most contentious issues now, what will ramping up the importance do?

If there is a game benefit to beating weaker guilds, won't that drive opportunism over role play issues for conflict?
The preceding collection of words was presented by Strider's Player.
Any meaning you ascribe to them is most likely due to lucky happenstance or your misinterpretation.

If you'd prefer Strider's opinion, you'll probably have to ask for it in game.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/