Stat-Boost Imbuement Changes

All Genesis Common Board Messages get directed here. Discuss and comment!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Aimee
Wanderer

Re: Stat-Boost Imbuement Changes

Post by Aimee » 09 Sep 2013 19:35

Well,

Int and Wis don't affect the rate at which mana regenerates. They more affect the pool of mana you have to draw from. Like how Con increases your HP, but not necessarily the rate at which it regenerates. Spellcraft, from my understanding, is what increases the rate at which you regain mana.

There are herbs and equipment that affect mana/health regeneration, but no imbuements for mana regen. This seems a bit odd. There should be a balance there.

Aimee

Edit : Apparently I am wrong. This does happen on occasion. Although it is a sign of the Apocalypse.
Last edited by Aimee on 09 Sep 2013 20:55, edited 1 time in total.
vita aeterna

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 09 Sep 2013 19:47

Kas wrote:Plenty of mana here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ytei6bu7kQ
I've been looking for a vid based on this one with subtitles for elemental shaman in old WoW.
Can I do some dps? Just a little bit of dps?
Mana mana!

Can't find it anymore :(

petros
Site Admin

Post by petros » 09 Sep 2013 20:01

Aimee wrote:Int and Wis don't affect the rate at which mana regenerates. They more affect the pool of mana you have to draw from. Like how Con increases your HP, but not necessarily the rate at which it regenerates. Spellcraft, from my understanding, is what increases the rate at which you regain mana.

There are herbs and equipment that affect mana/health regeneration, but no imbuements for mana regen. This seems a bit odd. There should be a balance there.
The content of this post is not correct. Your stats certainly do affect mana regeneration, which was the impetus for the stat imbue changes.

Aimee
Wanderer

Post by Aimee » 09 Sep 2013 20:46

Then do your stats affect your health regeneration?

Or is mana the only thing affected by stats? I mean, is it one way or the other. Is there balance in the way health/mana regen based on your stats, or is the only way to impact health regen through booze, herbs, and imbues?

Confusing.
vita aeterna

Celephias
Expert

Post by Celephias » 09 Sep 2013 20:47

Though Petros certainly has more authoritative information than I do, I can tell you that from the player perspective (i.e. no wizinfo), we have experimented with various imbues on stats/skills and can say definitively that spellcraft and wisdom increase the mana regen rate.

Celephias
Expert

Post by Celephias » 09 Sep 2013 20:48

Aimee wrote:Then do your stats affect your health regeneration?

Or is mana the only thing affected by stats? I mean, is it one way or the other. Is there balance in the way health/mana regen based on your stats, or is the only way to impact health regen through booze, herbs, and imbues?

Confusing.
I *believe* that con affects the HP regen rate, though I may be mistaken with that. Can anyone confirm or debunk this?

Aimee
Wanderer

Post by Aimee » 09 Sep 2013 20:54

I mean, if that is the case, then it still begs the question why no Mana imbue.

All things being equal, you would think it would exist.

Aimee
vita aeterna

petros
Site Admin

Post by petros » 09 Sep 2013 20:55

Every single stat affects something in the game. Otherwise it wouldn't be very useful :)

I can't reveal exactly how each stat affects your overall play, but an easy way to tell whether CON affects healing rates would be to consume a bunch of cladina or add a con imbuement and measure your own healing rate.

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 10 Sep 2013 04:17

Aimee wrote:I mean, if that is the case, then it still begs the question why no Mana imbue.

All things being equal, you would think it would exist.

Aimee
Would you? The thing is, they aren't equal at all. Health and mana are two extremely different resources. One allows you to stay alive, the other allows you (if you are a mage) to use your spell abilities. The balance of speeding mana regeneration compared to health regeneration, therefore, is qualitatively different (and we don't want it!) :-)

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Aimee
Wanderer

Post by Aimee » 10 Sep 2013 16:32

gorboth wrote:Would you? The thing is, they aren't equal at all. Health and mana are two extremely different resources. One allows you to stay alive, the other allows you (if you are a mage) to use your spell abilities. The balance of speeding mana regeneration compared to health regeneration, therefore, is qualitatively different (and we don't want it!) :-)
I agree with you Gorboth. I understand that Mages/ScoP/PoT have spells and abilities that when used give them an advantage and being able to increase their Mana rapidly may put things out of balance. Yet we have the intricate silvery thorns which allow for this. If the concern is that with health and mana imbues you can continue almost unheeded, why is that not an issue for Warriors who only require health in order to continuously battle foes.

I guess I'll just leave it at that. I am not privy to the formulas and balance documents. It's just the way I see it from the mortal world.

Aimee
vita aeterna

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/