Guild XP progress bar

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Kiara
Champion
Posts: 610
Joined: 03 May 2013 16:20

Guild XP progress bar

Post by Kiara » 11 Nov 2013 21:18

Wouldnt that be nice?

We have stat progress bar and mortal size progress bar? So why not? Many go suicidal down to veteran when they switch guilds, just to gain tons of GXP. And maybe in some guilds it's quickly capped so its all unnecessary? And it others its a longer process? Either way, would not showing it be a nice thing that would also make grinding a little bit more fun? It's always nice to see you're making progress.

"You have just started to gain experience for your occupational guild"
"You have reached maximum guild experience for your layman guild"

Well you know. Something like that.

Or is there a good thing about keeping it hidden that I havent thought about?

Draugor
Myth
Posts: 1785
Joined: 06 Mar 2012 00:14

Re: Guild XP progress bar

Post by Draugor » 11 Nov 2013 22:11

Kiara wrote:Wouldnt that be nice?

We have stat progress bar and mortal size progress bar? So why not? Many go suicidal down to veteran when they switch guilds, just to gain tons of GXP. And maybe in some guilds it's quickly capped so its all unnecessary? And it others its a longer process? Either way, would not showing it be a nice thing that would also make grinding a little bit more fun? It's always nice to see you're making progress.

"You have just started to gain experience for your occupational guild"
"You have reached maximum guild experience for your layman guild"

Well you know. Something like that.

Or is there a good thing about keeping it hidden that I havent thought about?

I kinda feel the titles are that progress bar :o

Kiara
Champion
Posts: 610
Joined: 03 May 2013 16:20

Re: Guild XP progress bar

Post by Kiara » 11 Nov 2013 22:58

Draugor wrote:
Kiara wrote:Wouldnt that be nice?

We have stat progress bar and mortal size progress bar? So why not? Many go suicidal down to veteran when they switch guilds, just to gain tons of GXP. And maybe in some guilds it's quickly capped so its all unnecessary? And it others its a longer process? Either way, would not showing it be a nice thing that would also make grinding a little bit more fun? It's always nice to see you're making progress.

"You have just started to gain experience for your occupational guild"
"You have reached maximum guild experience for your layman guild"

Well you know. Something like that.

Or is there a good thing about keeping it hidden that I havent thought about?

I kinda feel the titles are that progress bar :o
Well in a way, and in some guilds. But even if you reach highest title do you know if you have maxed guildxp? In some guilds it takes like a week to reach max title, some years, and others you get new titles from manual promotion.

User avatar
gorboth
Site Admin
Posts: 2305
Joined: 03 Mar 2010 20:51
Location: Some old coffin

Re: Guild XP progress bar

Post by gorboth » 12 Nov 2013 01:04

Draugor is exactly right. The progress bar for guild exp is climbing the ladder of benefits in a given guild that are based on guild exp. Each guild is uniquely constructed in this way, too, so to try to create a global metric that shows on a <stats> readout doesn't translate well. Moreover, the Ogre guild (as an example) does absolutely nothing with guild exp - literally nothing depends on it or improves as a result of it, but rather is influenced by the skulls you collect.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Mumon
Wanderer
Posts: 52
Joined: 04 Mar 2010 16:03

Re: Guild XP progress bar

Post by Mumon » 12 Nov 2013 12:10

Still it could be a nice addition to have a 'guildstat' command or a 'stat -guilds' option where you get descriptions of the effort you've put into your guilds.

You have put:

no effort
...
same number of descriptions as stats
...
epic effort
immortal effort
supreme effort

into your racial/layman/occupational guild.

/M

User avatar
Zhar
Wizard
Posts: 782
Joined: 17 Apr 2012 12:09

Re: Guild XP progress bar

Post by Zhar » 13 Nov 2013 19:27

For most guilds you can see it by the title you boast.
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.

Kiara
Champion
Posts: 610
Joined: 03 May 2013 16:20

Re: Guild XP progress bar

Post by Kiara » 13 Nov 2013 19:39

Zhar wrote:For most guilds you can see it by the title you boast.
Well not really... I mean in most guilds with automatic promotion most people have the highest title pretty quick. Does that mean guild XP is capped when you reach the highest title? Or does it continue forever once you've reached it? Hard to know!

And again, there is also a lot of guilds that rely on manual promotion, completely, or partly, meaning you could have a very high title and very little guild XP think. Or the opposite.

But maybe guild XP is one of those things you shouldn't know much about as a player? Sometimes I think it be nice to have clear information though. So you know if it helps to grind up your guild XP, and what benefits you might gain by doing so. Like the ogre thing Gorboth mentioned I had no clue about even though I was an ogre for a while. Am I helped by guild XP as a kender? Who knows? Is there a cap I can reach? No idea. Guild XP has always been something of a mystery to me, and apparently in some guilds also very important, and in some not so much?

Hm yes. I definitely think there should be some type of information on this somwhow. Maybe not a progress bar then, if it's not realistic since all guilds are different... but... something...

User avatar
gorboth
Site Admin
Posts: 2305
Joined: 03 Mar 2010 20:51
Location: Some old coffin

Re: Guild XP progress bar

Post by gorboth » 13 Nov 2013 20:53

I think there should remain some mysteries to the game, and guild exp is one such example. It is implemented uniquely in each guild, and should be viewed as one of the things you learn about through your own experiences and growth in that guild, and from the lore others wish to share with you from their experiences.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Mumon
Wanderer
Posts: 52
Joined: 04 Mar 2010 16:03

Re: Guild XP progress bar

Post by Mumon » 14 Nov 2013 12:35

gorboth wrote:I think there should remain some mysteries to the game, and guild exp is one such example. It is implemented uniquely in each guild, and should be viewed as one of the things you learn about through your own experiences and growth in that guild, and from the lore others wish to share with you from their experiences.

G.
My suggestion wouldn't remove the mystery of how, if at all, a guild utilizes the guildstat. Just the same as having descriptions for the other stats doesn't say anything about how a guild uses them for specials or other abilities unless there is some written documentation.

/M

Kiara
Champion
Posts: 610
Joined: 03 May 2013 16:20

Re: Guild XP progress bar

Post by Kiara » 14 Nov 2013 16:48

mumon wrote:
gorboth wrote:I think there should remain some mysteries to the game, and guild exp is one such example. It is implemented uniquely in each guild, and should be viewed as one of the things you learn about through your own experiences and growth in that guild, and from the lore others wish to share with you from their experiences.

G.
My suggestion wouldn't remove the mystery of how, if at all, a guild utilizes the guildstat. Just the same as having descriptions for the other stats doesn't say anything about how a guild uses them for specials or other abilities unless there is some written documentation.

/M
I guess without knowing how guild XP is used it's not that useful knowing how much you have though...?
Last edited by Kiara on 14 Nov 2013 17:18, edited 2 times in total.

Post Reply
http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/