Ydred wrote:Depends on how this is implemented.
1) Evils need an OOC theif guild. Wouldnt want MM to be the only ones who suffer lost stuff.
Lets make sure to share this equally with the goodies also.
2) Spamming of steal shouldnt be possible. Extremely annoying to see a thief spam steal while you are in the process of mail and can see what happens but not quit out fast enough to stop them.
3) What you steal should affect how hard it is to pull off. Stealing a weapon might be easier than a suit of armour. Armour when moved tends to make alot of noise.
4) How much you steal should affect how hard it is to pull off. And there should be a maximum of any items you can steal at once, perhaps dependant on types of items. Coins you can steal much more of than say herbs or a stack of weapons.
We have been offered nothing though. Just that this will happen.
So flesh some of this out. Dont just implement it in game for the unbalance to ruin the fun for many.
And trust me the times you forget to wear an item or store some items and loose them is already annoying for most. But it is also true that it is our fault cause we forget to close containers etc. So not too annoying.
I just hope everyone gets to enjoy this fun. Especially the goodies, since Kenders are good, I would think they would steal from evils, of course kenders never steal really, they just 'could'. But that begs the question too.
And yes, there should be more protection than just awareness for theft. Much like Kit said.
Personally this will end up burning out all those who are stolen from is all I see. Worthless for the game as a whole. Especially since anyone under expert is probably new and will love this style of fun when starting game.
Just find that nice intense item .... but oh wait so fun to lose it before you get to AH. Ah fun for the thieves. Yippy. We can be the MMO who fights the norm. Sweetness!
1. Why? There are plenty of evil players with superior guru steal skills capable of doing everything as well as Kender can. More than there are active Kender, that is for sure.
2. It isn't. There is a cooldown.
3. Context, narrative, reality. That same person carrying around a suit of armour, realistically, should be incapable of fighting. There are lots of aspects of the game that require an element of suspended belief... Who really can carry around a dozen pole arms or suits of armour? Yes... I will agree that it would be nice to refine the realism, but I can't ever see it being a priority.
The way I see it, thieves are a dynamic that players simply aren't used to as they generally are very underpowered and not catered to in a game driven by the grind of the dps classes. Having played around with the thief guilds a little I think they are quite fun, but a long way from being OP.