Mages on recoded balance

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
User avatar
Amorana
Expert
Posts: 298
Joined: 04 Nov 2013 20:26

Re: Mages on recoded balance

Post by Amorana » 14 Nov 2013 22:55

Windemere wrote:If I remove Knights as well and count the guilds whom I know have some level of Crowd Control (excluding rangers as well) I would count 6, maybe even 7.

That seems like a lot to me.

Windemere
This. So much this.

Just because you don't know about a CC ability doesn't mean it doesn't exist. :D
Zhar wrote: "Man, this guild I'm in is so god damn powerful! Please nerf or I'll have to leave it because it's no fun any more..."

Kiara
Champion
Posts: 610
Joined: 03 May 2013 16:20

Re: Mages on recoded balance

Post by Kiara » 14 Nov 2013 22:56

Windemere wrote:If I remove Knights as well and count the guilds whom I know have some level of Crowd Control (excluding rangers as well) I would count 6, maybe even 7.

That seems like a lot to me.

Windemere
We're talking about guilds that can hinder your form escaping a battle and use it to kill another player? 6-7? Really?

I think either your information is outdated, or we misunderstand each other about the word "crowd control", or you're simply wrong:P (Or I am???).

Its not easy to discuss though since its apparently one of those "secrets" we cant discuss. So well... I'll have my opinion and you yours I guess. Only the wizards know whats right. I am gonna keep saying we need more equal crowd control, more accessible, in some way, for PVP to be fun. I'll keep saying that until proven wrong.:)
Amorana wrote:
Windemere wrote:If I remove Knights as well and count the guilds whom I know have some level of Crowd Control (excluding rangers as well) I would count 6, maybe even 7.

That seems like a lot to me.

Windemere
Just because you don't know about a CC ability doesn't mean it doesn't exist. :D
Smug comments like that is just frustrating. If you know things say it out loud. Or its impossible to discuss... I think you're mistaken, you think I am wrong... and now what? Who's right?

Laurel

Re: Mages on recoded balance

Post by Laurel » 14 Nov 2013 23:23

Which other SINGLE guild can disable fighting (stun - like monks or SB) AND disarm (like Rangers) AND stop movement (unbreakable, so better than KoS block)?

Please enlighten me someone, cause I seem to have not "guildhopped" enough ...

User avatar
Amorana
Expert
Posts: 298
Joined: 04 Nov 2013 20:26

Re: Mages on recoded balance

Post by Amorana » 14 Nov 2013 23:34

Kiara wrote: Smug comments like that is just frustrating. If you know things say it out loud. Or its impossible to discuss... I think you're mistaken, you think I am wrong... and now what? Who's right?
Fine. I will say it out loud. You are wrong.

Happy?

I'm not giving away X guild's abilities just to prove you such.
Zhar wrote: "Man, this guild I'm in is so god damn powerful! Please nerf or I'll have to leave it because it's no fun any more..."

Kiara
Champion
Posts: 610
Joined: 03 May 2013 16:20

Re: Mages on recoded balance

Post by Kiara » 15 Nov 2013 00:09

Amorana wrote:
Kiara wrote: Smug comments like that is just frustrating. If you know things say it out loud. Or its impossible to discuss... I think you're mistaken, you think I am wrong... and now what? Who's right?
Fine. I will say it out loud. You are wrong.

Happy?

I'm not giving away X guild's abilities just to prove you such.
You are wrong! There I said it too!:)

We can probably say neither is right or we all are. It all depends on how you define "crowd control". Some of what you consider crowd control I would not agree is really such abilities. Not useful ones. And we definitely cant count stunning someone from fighting as crowd control. Sorry, but including those type of abilities dont count in my book for sure. I had forgotten one though, but its not an especially lethal one though, but ok. Ill give you that.

But its hard to discuss things when we all know the same guilds, all know the abilities, but none of us can say it out loud so we cant discuss it. Its not like its new info, for me, or you, or for most around here.. but well... let's keep it quiet.

Anyway, even if you do count all of those you think of as real crowd control I think its too weak and too few still. I am still claiming only 3 have any real use in most PVP situations. For better and more fair and fun PVP I think we need more decent options for everyone.

Kiara
Champion
Posts: 610
Joined: 03 May 2013 16:20

Re: Mages on recoded balance

Post by Kiara » 15 Nov 2013 00:12

Laurel wrote:Which other SINGLE guild can disable fighting (stun - like monks or SB) AND disarm (like Rangers) AND stop movement (unbreakable, so better than KoS block)?

Please enlighten me someone, cause I seem to have not "guildhopped" enough ...
You experienced all this firsthand? That sure sounds like... alot...

I guess I will find out during the hunt though.

Chanele
Titan
Posts: 516
Joined: 04 Mar 2010 12:39

Re: Mages on recoded balance

Post by Chanele » 15 Nov 2013 15:28

The reason I like the "scissor/stone/rock" system is every class will have a nemesis.
Amorana: Your suggestion will make casters semi-gods, they have nothing to fear unless being attacked with great numbers. Is that ok in a free for all pvp game?

Fighters will always loose against a caster which means he/she has to always prepare for an attack from a caster. The caster on the other hand wont have to do nothing, he/she is already prepared against a fighter and add to this lower odds to win.

To be effective in pvp there are some importent factors, here's the ones I rate highest:
- The element of suprise
- Ability to prevent target from leaving the room (Thats what I call CC)
- Burst damage
All theese factors are reality for mages, the rest of the guilds in genesis might have one of the above but most are mediocre. How come we take this decision? Is it genesis gameplan to have casters dictate rules for the donut?

I really want to understand the balance plan, the big picture. Please enlighten me Gorboth!

/Chanele

Ps, Amorana saying Rangers just sucks is a cheap shot and plain mean :cry:

User avatar
Amorana
Expert
Posts: 298
Joined: 04 Nov 2013 20:26

Re: Mages on recoded balance

Post by Amorana » 15 Nov 2013 16:24

Chanele wrote:To be effective in pvp there are some importent factors, here's the ones I rate highest:
- The element of suprise
Fair. Though I'd argue here the need is for more items/imbuements/abilities/herbs/etc that allow for a player to see another "invisible" player.
Chanele wrote: - Ability to prevent target from leaving the room (Thats what I call CC)
Your understanding of the mage ability and mine are vastly different, and mine is coming from a pretty reliable source. I'm not going to out how their ability works, but... I don't think it works how you are representing it. Suffice it to say, if it works to my understanding, I could gather the necessary items that could have probably saved Logg in around 2 minutes.
Chanele wrote: - Burst damage
Yes, burst damage is a factor, but as a caster I know cast times are a real thing, so how "burst" it is, I think largely depends on the size of the player, haste items, etc. We've had mages on here stating that their cast times for the spells are in the range of 3-5 seconds. I don't know if it still works like that, but have you ever been hit with an instant special from militia or RDA for PVP? That hurts like hell, and is a lot quicker. Maybe there is a call for more pvp related special tweaking for fighter guilds. I could support that, perhaps.

Chanele wrote: Ps, Amorana saying Rangers just sucks is a cheap shot and plain mean :cry:

Maybe if I hadn't been utterly failed in the application process twice on different characters, I would be more supportive. I hope that has changed these days, but Ranger inactivity really harshed my vibe bro. :lol:
Zhar wrote: "Man, this guild I'm in is so god damn powerful! Please nerf or I'll have to leave it because it's no fun any more..."

User avatar
Kas
Legend
Posts: 771
Joined: 04 Mar 2010 17:54

Re: Mages on recoded balance

Post by Kas » 15 Nov 2013 17:20

Hypothetical _capped_ castingtimes in the 3-5 seconds range(depending on spell, but let's assume a combat spell). I assume with enough imbues and speed potions, you may land in that range, but regulary, for me atleast, it's some between 4-12 seconds per cast and ofcourse never instant.
Might and Glory flaming for changing dawn, ancient power revealed of an iron crown, clear and cold and shining so far and bright, crush the world in one clash of your binding light.

Gû kîbum kelkum-ishi, burzum-ishi. Akha - gûm-ishi ashi gurum!

Kvator
Champion
Posts: 585
Joined: 02 Sep 2010 21:25

Re: Mages on recoded balance

Post by Kvator » 23 Oct 2016 20:09

theoretical question:

what's behind stat-cloud skill?
of course i understand that as a guild with most wizard alts (historically at least) they need to have to be great at everything (super fast grind as well!), but honestly - what's behind it lore-wise? y nazguls poisoned Frodo etc and some kind of average poison (single target - not aoe!) + something increasing panic should be there but c'mon.

It is ridiculous!

Kvator - Topic-Necromancer!

Post Reply
http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/