View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 11 Dec 2018 23:44

Forum rules


- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.



Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Would-be Grief-Thieves - beware 
Author Message
Great Adventurer
User avatar

Joined: 16 Mar 2015 19:29
Posts: 195
mallor wrote:
Kvator's logic is a typical logic of a "WoW player". If you don't fix it, don't delete people over it.
Well, "WoW player" logic doesn't apply to Genesis. The game is old, the mechanics are old, they are not "broken".
Whoever abuses them should be deleted, whoever abuses them so blatantly should also be virtually sodomized prior to deletion as well.


Isnt it broken?
Let me say this: it felt as harrasment to me, and it made the game annoying, so yes im very glad with the decision of the wizards.
I do understand however what Kvator is saying, what harrasment is, is debatable. I do think that with the new guild and the powers to go invisible the option stealing is too easy and there is nothing the other can do about it. We cant even hunt the person who steals from us...

Ive given some tips to solve this problem, and i dont think its too hard to code it (but hey what do i know), would be great if a wizard would respond to my ideaś telling me they are stupid because....

* make an herb that gives the person who eats it see invisible persons for a minute. (i thought i found one but it didnt work on the MM)
* make it so (like it is in combat already) when an invisible player starts stealing from me, he starts becoming invisible.

So wizards (and players) shoot on both idea's

_________________
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that.


21 Jul 2017 09:41
Profile
Rising Hero

Joined: 27 Jun 2011 13:20
Posts: 371
The fact it was abused doesn't mean it was broken. I can abuse combat by repeatedly killing you once you leave the church. Does that mean the combat is broken? No it is no. Does that mean I abuse it to harass you. Yes it does.

Personally, I'm against artificial limitations. Genesis is the greatest sandbox with limitless choices and that is a rare kind of game in a modern game industry world. If there ever was limitations on whom I can attack or whom I can steal from, I would be gone in an instance.

What needed indeed is ways to counter things like stealing.


21 Jul 2017 10:06
Profile
Titan

Joined: 02 Sep 2010 21:25
Posts: 483
mallor wrote:
The fact it was abused doesn't mean it was broken. I can abuse combat by repeatedly killing you once you leave the church. Does that mean the combat is broken? No it is no. Does that mean I abuse it to harass you. Yes it does.

Personally, I'm against artificial limitations. Genesis is the greatest sandbox with limitless choices and that is a rare kind of game in a modern game industry world. If there ever was limitations on whom I can attack or whom I can steal from, I would be gone in an instance.

What needed indeed is ways to counter things like stealing.


Ofc pvp is broken as well. That's why wizards added new point in official rules against speedwalking/autohunt (ie things thay were most often used to abuse broken pvp system).
No one (afaik) was deleted over it (and it does more harm that abusing broken theft).
But now the sheriff (he agreed with me it seems since he described himself as a "police" :D) is back so let's do some witch hunt instead of:
a) changing the rules (which was done for broken combat)
b) fixing the problem (which - in case of theft - sounds a looooooooot easier than in case of pvp)

You might have missed that since you are returning old-timer (just like mr sheriff/cop - to smaller extend)

I think that's my last post on this topic since i am not even a regular player anymore. So nothing to gain on my side.

Enjoy your medieval methods and "virtual sodomization" :D


21 Jul 2017 15:22
Profile
Veteran
User avatar

Joined: 02 Sep 2012 23:56
Posts: 203
Location: Misty Mountains
Ruined career, but let me remind you of all the legends of thieves who frightened everyone including the fabled antagonists of Genesis and equally loved and hated by all. There are inspirational "examples" from literature of Solamnia of such people, shall we remain in our own hypocrisy and pretend not to notice the nasty potential of damned heroes? I disagree with such judgement, and I'd rather suggest opening another door for those seeking to master the forbidden arts. Where are the patrons of thieves?

B.

_________________
"Tis but a scratch" - Black Knight, Monty Python and the Holy Grail


03 Feb 2018 20:28
Profile
Myth

Joined: 06 Mar 2012 00:14
Posts: 1679
Berwyn wrote:
Ruined career, but let me remind you of all the legends of thieves who frightened everyone including the fabled antagonists of Genesis and equally loved and hated by all. There are inspirational "examples" from literature of Solamnia of such people, shall we remain in our own hypocrisy and pretend not to notice the nasty potential of damned heroes? I disagree with such judgement, and I'd rather suggest opening another door for those seeking to master the forbidden arts. Where are the patrons of thieves?

B.



You mean the triggerstealers that abused it? Tbh, if they miss a steal, they should be grabbed and unable to leave.

Or rather, if you could only steal one item per theft and it took 5 secs to recharge, sure. The stealing tons of herbs and coins in one swoop tho is just stupid


03 Feb 2018 21:08
Profile
Veteran
User avatar

Joined: 02 Sep 2012 23:56
Posts: 203
Location: Misty Mountains
Automatans get punished, oi, but we aren't talking about it, are we? The thief utilised his skill, abilities, paraphernalia and what there is to trick people for the joy of his craft and not for benefits. This proves he's not supposed to be banished (oh woe is me) from the community with a brand of eternal damnation. Is he ok anyway?

_________________
"Tis but a scratch" - Black Knight, Monty Python and the Holy Grail


03 Feb 2018 22:13
Profile
Myth

Joined: 06 Mar 2012 00:14
Posts: 1679
Berwyn wrote:
Automatans get punished, oi, but we aren't talking about it, are we? The thief utilised his skill, abilities, paraphernalia and what there is to trick people for the joy of his craft and not for benefits. This proves he's not supposed to be banished (oh woe is me) from the community with a brand of eternal damnation. Is he ok anyway?



"Skill" in triggerstealing aint really a thing. And like I said, sure, let him steal, one item at a time, there is no logic or sense in stealing HEAPS of herbs at once, or is he doing his pickpocketing with a bloody traktor?


04 Feb 2018 06:40
Profile
Great Adventurer

Joined: 30 Aug 2017 19:55
Posts: 159
Draugor wrote:
Berwyn wrote:
Automatans get punished, oi, but we aren't talking about it, are we? The thief utilised his skill, abilities, paraphernalia and what there is to trick people for the joy of his craft and not for benefits. This proves he's not supposed to be banished (oh woe is me) from the community with a brand of eternal damnation. Is he ok anyway?



"Skill" in triggerstealing aint really a thing. And like I said, sure, let him steal, one item at a time, there is no logic or sense in stealing HEAPS of herbs at once, or is he doing his pickpocketing with a bloody traktor?


Goes both ways, there is no logic or sense in pouches and jars holding thousands upon thousands of herbs. I'm still a firm believer in, close your pack and quit nerfing thieves.


04 Feb 2018 13:22
Profile
Myth

Joined: 06 Mar 2012 00:14
Posts: 1679
Greneth wrote:
Draugor wrote:
Berwyn wrote:
Automatans get punished, oi, but we aren't talking about it, are we? The thief utilised his skill, abilities, paraphernalia and what there is to trick people for the joy of his craft and not for benefits. This proves he's not supposed to be banished (oh woe is me) from the community with a brand of eternal damnation. Is he ok anyway?



"Skill" in triggerstealing aint really a thing. And like I said, sure, let him steal, one item at a time, there is no logic or sense in stealing HEAPS of herbs at once, or is he doing his pickpocketing with a bloody traktor?


Goes both ways, there is no logic or sense in pouches and jars holding thousands upon thousands of herbs. I'm still a firm believer in, close your pack and quit nerfing thieves.


Not when its just some little kids with complexes that are running around griefing :P And still, fucking up should have severe consequences.


04 Feb 2018 13:24
Profile
Veteran
User avatar

Joined: 02 Sep 2012 23:56
Posts: 203
Location: Misty Mountains
You're going a bit ad personam which affects your argumentation - not impressed! ; ) And triggers it's a common practice as sb. said, paraphrasing: 'if you don't fancy using triggers this game is not for you."


You can also and here's some news for you, hide even your jars with herbs in a satchel (and ther's a limit for size and quantity of herbs in a jar or pouch) .

It's painful to be a victim of a thief, it's even worse to face Death, but you always learn a lesson and either don't risk and avoid people and places that are dangerous or you keep your belongings in a pack. But everyone knows it I suppose.

You guys are such Victorians, why don't you start burning people on a stake and bring back the holy inquisition.

B.

_________________
"Tis but a scratch" - Black Knight, Monty Python and the Holy Grail


Last edited by Berwyn on 04 Feb 2018 16:37, edited 1 time in total.



04 Feb 2018 14:58
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software.