View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 23 Jan 2018 06:06

Forum rules


- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.



Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Invis 
Author Message
Great Adventurer
User avatar

Joined: 16 Mar 2015 19:29
Posts: 170
I am pretty sure the being able to steal when invisible is still working. That is the annoying part. Also do not underestimate the value of being able to sneak up to someone (and i dont mean ranger sneak up) so always be able to check your enemy out and give the first hit. But i can live with the last part.

_________________
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that.


01 Jan 2018 16:52
Profile
Wizard
User avatar

Joined: 22 Sep 2014 13:15
Posts: 310
gold bezie wrote:
I am pretty sure the being able to steal when invisible is still working. That is the annoying part. Also do not underestimate the value of being able to sneak up to someone (and i dont mean ranger sneak up) so always be able to check your enemy out and give the first hit. But i can live with the last part.


While still possible, invisibility has a good chance of failing from such an attempt. That change has been in place for a while now. Spam stealing also doesn't work anymore... there is a cool down required between steals as well now, although it probably wasn't obvious enough (you just saw the standard fail message). That's being changed, if it hasn't been changed already.


01 Jan 2018 23:28
Profile
Wanderer

Joined: 23 Nov 2017 03:45
Posts: 63
Greneth wrote:
Melarec wrote:
Code:
Someone licks you joyously.
Someone tries to knee XXXX.
Not very effective though.
Someone kisses XXXX gently.
XXXX yells: why did you do that?
Someone fondles XXXX absentmindedly.
XXXX yells: a-ah
Someone caresses XXXX lovingly.
XXXX yells: who is this?
Someone touches XXXX.
Really?
Emotes that involve touching someone/thing should break hidden status.. Whether invis or just hidden..
Honestly, I thought people were better than that.. This is disgusting.
Right in the middle of Sparkle, as well..


Not that I agree with what they are doing but there is an intimate off option for this very reason.



I also had inv people spam other emotes too.

Problem is not just the intimate, it is inv people can spam emote and talk crap unpunished.

One person in particular often follows me invisible while trying to be the most obnoxious as possible, can I can't do anything about that at all, I have no way to reveal invisibility, as far as I know my non-magical char have no way to reveal someone magically inv, since seemly there are no potions or herbs to do so.


02 Jan 2018 01:51
Profile
Adept
User avatar

Joined: 29 Jul 2010 15:29
Posts: 120
Location: China
Steal had a brief cool-down before, but it seems it has at least been doubled now.


02 Jan 2018 04:22
Profile
Wanderer

Joined: 30 Aug 2017 19:55
Posts: 73
Alteor wrote:
Greneth wrote:
Melarec wrote:
Code:
Someone licks you joyously.
Someone tries to knee XXXX.
Not very effective though.
Someone kisses XXXX gently.
XXXX yells: why did you do that?
Someone fondles XXXX absentmindedly.
XXXX yells: a-ah
Someone caresses XXXX lovingly.
XXXX yells: who is this?
Someone touches XXXX.
Really?
Emotes that involve touching someone/thing should break hidden status.. Whether invis or just hidden..
Honestly, I thought people were better than that.. This is disgusting.
Right in the middle of Sparkle, as well..


Not that I agree with what they are doing but there is an intimate off option for this very reason.



I also had inv people spam other emotes too.

Problem is not just the intimate, it is inv people can spam emote and talk crap unpunished.

One person in particular often follows me invisible while trying to be the most obnoxious as possible, can I can't do anything about that at all, I have no way to reveal invisibility, as far as I know my non-magical char have no way to reveal someone magically inv, since seemly there are no potions or herbs to do so.


There are ways to reveal someone, but you can always just... leave the room too. If this game is going to be catered to fixing everything that is annoying with guild abilities I got a giant list we can get started on.

Far as talking shit unpunished... I fail to see the reasoning that a guild ability needs to get nerfed due to YOUR ego and lack of game knowledge. You can get the items to reveal or just.. walk away.

If you feel it is personal harassment I hear Cherek loves AoP duties.


02 Jan 2018 15:41
Profile
Wanderer

Joined: 23 Nov 2017 03:45
Posts: 63
so, how I reveal invisible? not sneaking, I mean invisible.

And no, leaving the room doesn't work, I had people scry me, find my location, go where I am, and follow me around invisible (not sneaking) while talking crap and using emotes.


02 Jan 2018 22:04
Profile
Wanderer

Joined: 30 Aug 2017 19:55
Posts: 73
Alteor wrote:
so, how I reveal invisible? not sneaking, I mean invisible.

And no, leaving the room doesn't work, I had people scry me, find my location, go where I am, and follow me around invisible (not sneaking) while talking crap and using emotes.


See 3rd option.


02 Jan 2018 22:23
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: 04 Mar 2010 04:36
Posts: 2550
Well, these are my suggestions for dealing with people that are bothering you:

1. Sort things out with the people you have an issue with through RP, or if that fails, an OOC talk.
2. Ignore them. Annoying people who doesn't care gets old quick.
3. Try 1 and 2 again.
4. If you feel it's harassment, and they refuse to stop even when you ask them to, contact AoP.


03 Jan 2018 13:51
Profile
Rising Hero

Joined: 27 Jun 2011 13:20
Posts: 351
5. More consistent ways of detecting invisible players, and then kill them.


03 Jan 2018 14:26
Profile
Myth

Joined: 06 Mar 2012 00:14
Posts: 1396
Just fix the glimmerroot so invis asshats cant do this kinda crap? :P


03 Jan 2018 16:27
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software.