Quests with max age/size requirements

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
User avatar
Cherek
Site Admin
Posts: 2814
Joined: 04 Mar 2010 04:36

Quests with max age/size requirements

Post by Cherek » 03 Nov 2018 13:01

Hi,

Can anyone help me figure out which quests in the game still has age and/or size requirements?

And I mean MAX size/age requirements, that is, quests that cannot be completed after you reach a certain age or size.

This is my list so far:

Confirmed

- The two first Fireball quests in Calia.

Unconfirmed

- The quest in the area south of Pelargir? (I think this has been fixed now, but any confirmation from someone not a newbie who finished this quest recently would be nice)

- The beggar quest in Kabal? (I don't remember if it was the beggar club and/or the beggar quest, or both, that had max size requirements)

Do we have more quests like this?

Kvator
Champion
Posts: 555
Joined: 02 Sep 2010 21:25

Re: Quests with max age/size requirements

Post by Kvator » 03 Nov 2018 13:56

Cherek wrote:Hi,

Can anyone help me figure out which quests in the game still has age and/or size requirements?

And I mean MAX size/age requirements, that is, quests that cannot be completed after you reach a certain age or size.

This is my list so far:

Confirmed

- The two first Fireball quests in Calia.

Unconfirmed

- The quest in the area south of Pelargir? (I think this has been fixed now, but any confirmation from someone not a newbie who finished this quest recently would be nice)

- The beggar quest in Kabal? (I don't remember if it was the beggar club and/or the beggar quest, or both, that had max size requirements)

Do we have more quests like this?
3 first Fireball quests I think (there is total of 5 games and only last two can be played if u re bigger - checked with my alts down to hero :) )

Pelargir quest is not fixed, just checked it (I believe it's not doable for 'myths' only):

Grub bellows: How kind of you to take time to help a poor boy in need.

Grub bellows: I wouldn't want to trouble an old timer like you. I was told to
look for NEW bees, silly.

Kalad - Beggar Club quest have size restriction

You might also want to do a complex verification of all Krynn quests (reduced qxp if you are 'wrong' size, reduced qxp if you missed part of the quest etc)

User avatar
Arman
Wizard
Posts: 530
Joined: 22 Sep 2014 13:15

Re: Quests with max age/size requirements

Post by Arman » 09 Nov 2018 09:43

The Disks of Mishakal quest and Dragonlance quest from Gunthar or Verminaard no longer have age requirements.

Raelle
Adept
Posts: 117
Joined: 18 Jul 2017 19:31

Re: Quests with max age/size requirements

Post by Raelle » 09 Nov 2018 18:08

Code: Select all

Snike congratulates you!
You feel a little more experienced.
kabal beggar quest works at legend

User avatar
Cherek
Site Admin
Posts: 2814
Joined: 04 Mar 2010 04:36

Re: Quests with max age/size requirements

Post by Cherek » 09 Nov 2018 20:26

Raelle wrote:

Code: Select all

Snike congratulates you!
You feel a little more experienced.
kabal beggar quest works at legend
Oh, then we can cross that from the list. Thanks for reporting it!

Draugor
Myth
Posts: 1784
Joined: 06 Mar 2012 00:14

Re: Quests with max age/size requirements

Post by Draugor » 10 Nov 2018 09:48

Think you need like 10 days for dwarfgate? And it provides that someone of an opposite align did it before, making it reset would be sensible so people dont have to use the silly align Yo-yo

User avatar
Cherek
Site Admin
Posts: 2814
Joined: 04 Mar 2010 04:36

Re: Quests with max age/size requirements

Post by Cherek » 10 Nov 2018 13:05

Draugor wrote:Think you need like 10 days for dwarfgate? And it provides that someone of an opposite align did it before, making it reset would be sensible so people dont have to use the silly align Yo-yo
I think it's a fun idea thematically and story-wise, you either bring darkness or light to the dwarves depending on your align, but perhaps it should have some sort of reset-system, randomly resetting to be darkness/light, instead of you having to wait for the "correct" player to do it first, or switch your align. That way the story remains, but it becomes less frustrating for players.

User avatar
Zhar
Wizard
Posts: 782
Joined: 17 Apr 2012 12:09

Re: Quests with max age/size requirements

Post by Zhar » 10 Sep 2019 10:46

Cherek wrote:
10 Nov 2018 13:05
Draugor wrote:Think you need like 10 days for dwarfgate? And it provides that someone of an opposite align did it before, making it reset would be sensible so people dont have to use the silly align Yo-yo
I think it's a fun idea thematically and story-wise, you either bring darkness or light to the dwarves depending on your align, but perhaps it should have some sort of reset-system, randomly resetting to be darkness/light, instead of you having to wait for the "correct" player to do it first, or switch your align. That way the story remains, but it becomes less frustrating for players.
If I remember correctly you can reset it yourself by breaking it and then fixing it.
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.

sylphan
Great Adventurer
Posts: 169
Joined: 12 Nov 2017 19:56

Re: Quests with max age/size requirements

Post by sylphan » 10 Sep 2019 12:50

I keep forgetting about Fireball. A long time ago I looked at the directions and thought - well, I thought a curse word. Seemed pretty involved. Also, it's not on the quest orbs, is it? To get people to bother to learn it and then put together a team, you probably want them to know it exists and has some qxp waiting for them.

User avatar
Cherek
Site Admin
Posts: 2814
Joined: 04 Mar 2010 04:36

Re: Quests with max age/size requirements

Post by Cherek » 12 Sep 2019 13:48

sylphan wrote:
10 Sep 2019 12:50
I keep forgetting about Fireball. A long time ago I looked at the directions and thought - well, I thought a curse word. Seemed pretty involved. Also, it's not on the quest orbs, is it? To get people to bother to learn it and then put together a team, you probably want them to know it exists and has some qxp waiting for them.
I think it's one of the best and funniest quests we have. Complicated? Well, you can't really use a walkthrough on it, but far less complicated than many other quests if you were to do them without a walkthrough.

I think it doesn't show up in orbs (until you complete them) because two of the four quests can only be done by relatively small players, and then they become unavailable. I think we should remove that restriction though, and add all four quests to the orbs. Unfortunately Calia is one of those domains that lack wizards and active development at the moment :(

Post Reply
http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/