Autosneak

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Zhar
Wizard

Re: Autosneak

Post by Zhar » 17 Jul 2020 08:22

Of course you are right Tarlok. What I mentioned above was my original idea of unifying autosneak. What Cotillion does with it is entirely up to him.
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.

Kvator
Champion

Post by Kvator » 17 Jul 2020 15:30

Zhar wrote:
16 Jul 2020 21:59
And yeah, Angmar has confident veteran levels in sneak & hide, as well as a special attack similar to backstab. I think that they could benefit from having autosneak feature without having to join Thieves or Tricksters.
tbh since smash boost rogue skills should be removed from AA set (just leaving a bit of awareness so they have a chance to spot Ranger)

they're now legit tanks, legit dpsers AND legit rogues (with global autosneak) on top of that

Nerull
Wizard

Post by Nerull » 17 Jul 2020 19:47

Perhaps remove stealthskills and boost 2hander dps potential for the new unallocated skillslots? :twisted:

sylphan
Veteran

Post by sylphan » 17 Jul 2020 20:52

I like Tarlok's idea about stealth causing additional fatigue - iff (if and only if) rogue classes had that mitigated at least somewhat by training, guild stat, or similar.

Mim
Rising Hero

Post by Mim » 17 Jul 2020 21:45

In some areas sneak and awareness is important to consider.
If a guild (rogue/ranger most likely) is dependant on his hiding and sneaking skills for his special (backstab comes in mind) he perhaps should have some chances to perform a sucessful sneak?

If he can not sneak around due to 'auto detect sneak' in NPCs and players, his best damage special is down the drains.

Imagine a caster entering a room and immidiately the NPCs cast a mute spell that lasts for 2 mins.
Or like the URUK in Moria who, after beeing engaged in a fight, immidiately stuns his opponents for quite some time preventing both specials and Minstrel songs.
Such NPCs, while perhaps created to prevent bouncing, could in some scenarios be very mean to autosneakers.

Redblade
Adept

Post by Redblade » 11 Aug 2020 15:41

Arman wrote:
13 Jul 2020 04:51
Cot is working on re-doing the stealth system at the moment.

Having a global auto sneak is something on the 'to do' list.
Hey folks! This post actually got me into signing up for forums.

You say autosneak as a global thing is on the TODO list. Could Rangers get a recode BEFORE this happens? You're basically taking away the last fun bits of our abilities and roleplay and offer autosneak to anyone.
Auta i lómë, Aurë entuluva!
The Night is passing, Day shall come again!

Zhar
Wizard

Post by Zhar » 11 Aug 2020 18:31

Redblade wrote:
11 Aug 2020 15:41
Arman wrote:
13 Jul 2020 04:51
Cot is working on re-doing the stealth system at the moment.

Having a global auto sneak is something on the 'to do' list.
Hey folks! This post actually got me into signing up for forums.

You say autosneak as a global thing is on the TODO list. Could Rangers get a recode BEFORE this happens? You're basically taking away the last fun bits of our abilities and roleplay and offer autosneak to anyone.
There are more guilds that use autosneak. It's easier to do it once and apply to all of them instead of doing it one by one. Global autosneak is the way to go if it'll ever happen, but for sure it should be centralized for all the guilds that utilize it.
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.

Redblade
Adept

Post by Redblade » 11 Aug 2020 18:35

Yes, most certainly more guilds have it - the ones where it makes sense (altough I never quite understood why AA orc sneaks better than RoI elf as baseline). I'm simply saying that if you're adjusting something that currently is a feature of certain guilds only, don't forget that you basically took this from their "special". Looking forward to more news!
Auta i lómë, Aurë entuluva!
The Night is passing, Day shall come again!

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/