Ponderings on Align

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
qwertheangmarim
Adept

Ponderings on Align

Post by qwertheangmarim » 10 May 2023 23:36

So, for a long, long time I've heard, and believed, that getting from holy to nuetral is way easier (don't get me wrong, it's pretty easy), while getting from damned to nuetral would take a long time of arduous, hard work. Today, I found that to be... odd, when I, mostly by accident, hit nuetral from damned, after hunting a good bit in CA, a pretty well known goodie area. I hunted krougs a lot, both sides of Palanthas (which I believe is a net 0 effect?)
So... yea...
And, a while ago, when I went merc/oots from templar/AA, I ground from damned to holy in another often overlooked area... Flotsam/Port Balifor, including CoC. Both of these are smaller, mostly everyday areas (gotta be rising hero+ to safely handle the three roaming BDA soldiers in Flotsam)
I really don't think wights are the best spot for align grinding, even if they're fairly evil, coz a. there are stories of needing to kill thousands to get good, which takes some time, and b. if it doesn't take much time... just do khiraa, those are a rapid pace align raiser, or... the two above areas.
This note is meant to communicate two things, primarily to medium sized goodies lookin' to quickly hit that much wanted holy align, be it for oots, or heralds, or any number of reasons, and secondly... to help remove some of this idea that align grinding to good is *sooo* hard
yea, it's easier to be evil, and that goes for IRL too, but honestly, just like IRL, it just takes small things to change for the better
WOOH LETS GO!!!!! :P

qwertheangmarim
Adept

Re: Ponderings on Align

Post by qwertheangmarim » 11 May 2023 00:01

If y'all are interested in directions for a path of krougs, I gotchu, you wanna start at the nw-ernmost room, with teeny tiny krougs, and you're path should include a speed walk unless you want to fight the darkness kroug, who will break your weapons and end your life (=

7e, se, 8w, 9e, se, 4w, se, 3e, s, 2w, s, 2e, s, 2w, s, 2e, s, 3w, sw, 4e, [sw 7w nw], 4w, n, 3e, nw, 2w, n, 2e, n, 2w, n, 2e, n, 2w, n, 3e, [4n]

Things in square brackets ( '[' and ']' ) should be fastwalked for ease and safety

I never pathed Flotsam/Balifor coz that's a contestable area, bein' blue DA territory, and Krynn itself can be a dangerous PvP area, best to stay 110% attentive, and not need even an extra 5-10s of path disabling to stop movin' around while bein' brutally murded :lol:

EDIT for avengers info:

Name: avengers
Type: regexp
Pattern: avenger storms in with a (.*) scream of hatred!

Execute the following commands:
!kill avenger

This will solve all your avenger problems, I tried it without it, and no joke, I had *15* avengers following me around and draining my mana with their pesky lightning bolts at the end of the path, so... don't do that :lol:

Budwise
Veteran

Post by Budwise » 11 May 2023 07:34

Use kroug weapons for dark kroug. He/she does not break those.

Also boo to robots. ;)

qwertheangmarim
Adept

Post by qwertheangmarim » 11 May 2023 12:35

Budwise wrote:
11 May 2023 07:34
Use kroug weapons for dark kroug. He/she does not break those.

Also boo to robots. ;)
Wait fr? That's a *niiiice* trick, thanks!!

And I'm not the ogre-bot that was runnin' around Calia the other day
I'm lithe young female ogre, and... not a bot (=

qwertheangmarim
Adept

Post by qwertheangmarim » 11 May 2023 16:41

I'll use this post as an update area for some numbers but...

Just under 400 krougs (everything but the lower 3 rows, coz I need to get 2h kroug clubs, if there are any) from nuetral (eviler nuetral, easily testable with simple <grin>, the lower half of nuetral will grin evilly) to low devout
And... it took abt 1h and 15m, a higher damage person could do what I did even faster.

About 75 krougs later, and... blessed align, didn't take long at all (the edits late coz lunch)

Thalric
Rising Hero

Post by Thalric » 12 May 2023 14:57

Would love wiz update on this, since I also noticed the change and a lot easier change from evil to good.
Stuff like this, wizards, is something that should be advertised if changed.

zizuph
Veteran

Post by zizuph » 12 May 2023 20:32

Thalric wrote:
12 May 2023 14:57
Would love wiz update on this, since I also noticed the change and a lot easier change from evil to good.
Stuff like this, wizards, is something that should be advertised if changed.
I am not aware of any global change to alignment. Lieges may tweak the alignment of individual NPCs but that’s not very common.

In either case global alignment changes would make the common board. That is a major change.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 16 May 2023 15:28

Yeah we haven't done any global change to align. No idea if Greneth (liege of Calia) has made the Krougs more evil, but if so he probably would have posted about it too. But you can always send him a in-game mail and ask. But like ZIzuph said, if we had made some global change to align we would have announced it, like we do with all global changes.

Budwise
Veteran

Post by Budwise » 11 Jun 2023 19:36

Ehm, is he even liege of Calia any more? His title changed and he doesn't show on our guildlist.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 14 Jun 2023 00:47

Yes he is, you can always view all wizards positions here: https://www.genesismud.org/wizards.php

Its automatically updated with data from the game, so its always up to date.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/